ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Wellbutrin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Wellbutrin (bupropion hcl)

Old 09-07-06, 01:57 PM
Jr Member

nivek is on a distinguished road
150 XL 2 times a day

Anyone tried taking Wellbutrin 150 XL twice a day? For the last 3 months I have been taking it twice a day. 1 around 6:30 am and the second around 9:30 or 10:00 am.

I have notice feeling better mentally. I tried the 300 mg once a day and could not handle the side effects. Weight loss, insomnia etc. Have taken 150 daily for almost 2 years and never felt like I do now. My Dr. is cool with this approach but said it was not the normal precribed way.

Anyone heard of negative reasons as to the approach i am taking?
Old 09-20-06, 06:50 PM
Jr Member

rcm1973 is on a distinguished road
I take my Wellbutrin XL the same way--150 a.m. and 150 p.m. I, too, couldn't handle the side effects of 300 at one time. I've been doing this for months with no negatives at all.
Old 09-21-06, 04:47 PM

STYLe4MotiOn has disabled reputation
Anyone experienced (hypo)mania's on this?
It's said to be able to trigger this in bipolar patients.

I am currently taking wellbutrin Sustained Release (SR), can I assume this is the same as eXtended Release (XR)?
Or does eXtended Release release the bupropion salt at a slower rate?

To my main question:
I'm on the 4 week mark of my wellbutrin episode; first week was not really any effect, second and third were a bit hypo but nothing special (just me in a good mood, but no illusioned worldviews or staying up all night), and now it's a bit mellow.
In the whole 4 weeks I've had 2 depressions, 1 was small, the last was a bit severe but cleared up after sleeping a good night.
I do feel the wellbutrin's neutralizing effect on depression wearing off, but this might be just me thinking this.
It's not a bias because of the 2 good weeks; it's just that I'm recognizing the 'before wellbutrin'-feeling.
Although that before wellbutrin was much, much stronger, and harder to live with.

Should I wait 2 weeks, and up the dose to 2x 150mg SR a day?
Is it worth it? Or is it not worth the side effects; mainly the increased risk of seizure (I'm on dextro already, but it has no effect on my heart -- the doc assured me of that), and possibly an overworked brain?
What's your experience of the difference between 150mg and 300mg?

I want to be able to focus well, keep my impulses in check, and not be held back by that 'ugh' feeling (that dextro seems to intensify because it makes me more introverted and thus more stimulated).

http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/mb-types/entp.htm
http://www.keirsey.com/personality/ntep.html ENTP - The Visionary.

http://davefaq.com/Docs/ENTP.html ENTP - The Innovator.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-06, 05:41 PM
Jr Member

orangecat is on a distinguished road
XL Wellbutrin

The XL makes me feel a bit zombie like, a little too mellow. I don't remember this feeling with the SR Wellbutrin. I wonder if the ingredient that adds to is sustained release is having some effect on me. I can't focus clearly and feel unmotivated to do much, but I don't feel bad either. I'm glad to hear that the XL is working for some of you. I wonder if I hand in there and maybe the zombie, unfocused feeling will go away.
Old 09-27-06, 01:03 PM

STYLe4MotiOn has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecat
The XL makes me feel a bit zombie like, a little too mellow. I don't remember this feeling with the SR Wellbutrin. I wonder if the ingredient that adds to is sustained release is having some effect on me. I can't focus clearly and feel unmotivated to do much, but I don't feel bad either. I'm glad to hear that the XL is working for some of you. I wonder if I hand in there and maybe the zombie, unfocused feeling will go away.
Are you on any other medication?

It strikes me that my dex (3 x 10mg/day) does the same to me at the second half of the working period.
Strikes me because it works on the same neurotransmitters (NA & DA)

http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/mb-types/entp.htm
http://www.keirsey.com/personality/ntep.html ENTP - The Visionary.

http://davefaq.com/Docs/ENTP.html ENTP - The Innovator.