ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-06, 04:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

scuro has disabled reputation
Has the board moved on this basic position?

Recently a thread about how ADHD is a fake disorder was eliminated. In the past the viewpoint of the board was that such threads should exist because the new members of the community (or those with little background in the field) could see how other members countered such arguments.

I have always stated that we shouldn't have to argue if ADHD is a disorder, after all this is an ADHD forum. Kind of like Jews on a Jewish message board shouldn't have to prove the holocaust happened over and over again.

Anyways, I'm wondering if the this is a change in overall viewpoint or if the thread was cut for some other transgression. I'd like to know...I spent some time on those counter argument posts!
Old 09-13-06, 08:52 PM
The Guy Behind the Curtain

Thanked 1,844 Times in 545 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Forum-wide policy changes will more than likely be noted in the Forum Guidelines section.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 09-14-06, 04:18 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 14,635 Times in 5,784 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
When I get one of those ADD ainít real people I just pop up a hyper link to McTavish's "Scientific Proof" post which is now in the academic section. Saves re-typing.

The last person who said psychiatrist didnít agree on how to diagnosis ADD I was kind enough to include Stanzens diagnostic criteria located in diagnosis section as a added freebie!

I got responses to about three lines and pre-typed no less. . . .

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Sponsored Links