ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-10, 01:29 PM
Contributor

pembliss is just really nicepembliss is just really nicepembliss is just really nicepembliss is just really nice
Responding to Visitor Messages?

I've had two visitor messages posted to my public profile.

If I respond, does that show up on my public profile or on the other user's? In other words, if "so and so" leaves a nice message on my public profile and I want to say "thanks," does that "thanks" show up on my profile, or does it just appear as a weird, random "thanks" on their visitor message list?

(Sorry, can't find the answer to this in any of the other threads).
My strategy for managing my emotions is to just continue tamping them down deeper into the glowing ball of white-hot rage at the center of my soul until one day.... SNAP! But until that day, eeeeeeeeeeeverything's fine.

If I seem normal to you, it's only because my undisciplined impulsivity is being counter-balanced by my crippling self-doubt.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pembliss For This Useful Post:
Addr68 (03-26-10), mctavish23 (03-28-10)
Old 03-26-10, 01:37 PM
Nondescript Moderator

Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,694 Posts
APSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Responding to Visitor Messages?

You can choose to post it on either profile, but I believe if you click on 'view conversation' and then reply, it goes on theirs.

While it may seem strange to have 'thanks' or something similar out of context on their profile, the 'view conversation' link will let anyone curious see what it's in response to.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to APSJ For This Useful Post:
Addr68 (03-26-10), ADHDTigger (03-26-10), EYEFORGOT (03-27-10), mctavish23 (03-28-10), novagal (03-26-10), pembliss (03-26-10)
Old 03-26-10, 03:30 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,969 Times in 2,474 Posts
novagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant future
Re: Responding to Visitor Messages?

I like to respond to VM's on the other person's profile, otherwise they might not realize I've responded, and vice-versa.
Even if I didn't use it in the house?
- Bill Waterson (Calvin and Hobbes)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to novagal For This Useful Post:
Addr68 (03-26-10), ADHDTigger (03-26-10), APSJ (03-26-10), EYEFORGOT (03-27-10), pembliss (03-26-10), Sit-n-Spin (03-27-10), tinywiney (05-06-10)
Sponsored Links