ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 12-27-06, 05:50 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

VisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really nice
The "I Have a New Job" Thread

Decided to start a thread for anyone who starts a new job. Thought we needed a place to celebrate and discuss issues specific to starting a new position whether at the same workplace of a totaly new workplace.

And to announce:

I start my new job January 2nd!

Last edited by HighFunctioning; 03-02-07 at 11:41 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VisualImagery For This Useful Post:
Drewbacca (09-05-12), Tgumps (04-02-13), woodye (05-15-11)
Old 12-27-06, 05:53 PM
Forum Guru

Aizlyne will become famous soon enough
Congrats RADD! I so thrilled your're ablet o do somthing that is fullfilling.

I am currently jobless lol. I don't think International student counts as a job though

~Unknown
Old 12-27-06, 05:57 PM

VisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really nice
Aiz, thanks! You are International Student Body of Mystery! You have the only kind of job you pay to have! Hey, Pm me if you need some storytelling, children's lit resources. I found some goodies! Fairy tales, fables, etc. Can use them extensively.

Becky

Last edited by HighFunctioning; 03-02-07 at 11:47 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-06, 08:36 PM
ADDvanced Member

njtrout is on a distinguished road
Wonderful RADDmom

RADDmom,

I hope that any day now, I'll get a call and be offered a job. Left the last company November 30 and have had only 1 interview. Lots of phone calls but no real interviews.

Sounds like you have found something that you really love to do.

I'm sure you will be wildy successful at it!

NJTrout
Old 12-27-06, 08:42 PM

Thanks njt-and I wish the same for you. Hang in there, it took 6 months to find this job-spring semester positions are very unusual too. It is very frustrating to not be employed. PM me if you need to. Feel for you.

Get this, they are excited to have me, they have guides, rules are clear, and she is very glad they hired someone qualified for the job! And-my ADD will not be an issue. ADD is very prevalent there. Maybe I found the place that is my match. Only time will tell. This way, I can keep looking and see what else is out there in the wide wide world.

Becky
Please remind me how much this job means to me-if I gripe or complain about it. Please!

Last edited by HighFunctioning; 03-02-07 at 11:43 PM..
Old 12-28-06, 04:07 AM
Contributor

peridot will become famous soon enough
Yahoo! Congratulations! Whoopie ay ki yay! Felicitations!
I would do something with fireworks graphics, but if my computer skills became that advanced, I would know that I had been taken over by technologically advanced aliens.

Go get 'em.
Old 12-28-06, 06:48 AM

Thanks peridot! I am already taken over-just hide it well! Pinch me-is this real? Woot! Happy Dance! Pack them boxes-tote them files.
Old 12-28-06, 11:07 AM
ADDvanced Member

Kiisethwa is on a distinguished road
Congratulations, Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This country was a lot better off when the Indians were running it....Vine Deloria Jr.

Old 12-29-06, 08:57 AM

lunaslobo is a name known to alllunaslobo is a name known to alllunaslobo is a name known to alllunaslobo is a name known to alllunaslobo is a name known to alllunaslobo is a name known to all
Quote:
And to announce:

I start my new job January 2nd!
yahooooooooooooooo congrasts. sounds like you got something you are not only good at but something that your heart is really into and that my friend is where it is at. there is a quote i heard once that said something like get a job you really really love and you will never work another day in your life. I truly believe that. again I am so happy for you. good luck with this

It Doesn't matter what you've heard
impossible is not a word,
its just a reason not to try.

Last edited by HighFunctioning; 03-02-07 at 11:46 PM..
Old 12-29-06, 08:04 PM

Thanks you all! I really hope everyone here can find the same success. I do hope I finally found the place that is a good fit! The people are really nice-even helping find a place to stay-offering me a room in their home either temporarily or for the time being! Really warm welcome! That makes me feel good.

Thanks again!

Last edited by HighFunctioning; 03-02-07 at 11:45 PM..
Old 03-09-07, 05:12 PM
ADDvanced Member

bekahboo714 has disabled reputation
Today is my first day of working after a year-long hiatus. I really wanted to apply for disability but didn't have the support of crucial family members. Right now I'm temping as a receptionist (and I'm writing this on the clock because there's absolutely nothing for me to do here today!).

I had major panic attacks before coming to work today and that's pretty normal for me when I'm working. I don't know how long this will last. If it fails again then I will file for disability--support or no support.

Old 04-08-07, 11:42 PM
ADDvanced Member

The job I wish I had years ago

Well, been away from the forum for a while. Some of it intentional (for another thread) and some of it circumstantial.

I have been very happily employed since January 25. I am with a company that I had a business association with over 10 years ago. Pays to not burn bridges and keep networking. Went looking for a friend who used to work their and was in my target industry. When they heard I was unemployed they asked me if I were interested in my friends old job which had sat vacant since July 2006. Hell yes!!! Only catch was I would need to relocate 200 miles to another state. House on the market, contract on a house in the new location. I've been commuting to there on Monday mornings, staying at a hotel the company is paying for (along with meals and moving expenses) and head home after work on Thursday. Work from home on Friday and have the weekend with my family. Couldn't be happier with the company, job or the work it entails.

Still taking my Adderall XR (20 mg/day), see my MD every 45 days or so. I do need a new MD in the state where I am moving, especially to keep my Adderall XR going.

Biggest differen between this job and the last 4 or 5 is I like, no LOVE what I am doing. I am already running at full pace, days are pleasantly swamped with work, traveling on business. No time to be bored, not time to sit and think "woe is me". I have not told them about my ADD, nor really plan to at this point.

Happily employed,

NJTrout
amberwillow (09-05-12)
Old 04-09-07, 10:48 AM

nj, welcome back and I am so glad for you! Look forward to more banter and tech advice.

I am applying for another job in my hometown this fall. Keeping my fingers crossed.

ME-VI
Avatar is the same-name is not pm me for the story if you like. It is radical. Hint.
Old 04-10-07, 12:09 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualImagery
nj, welcome back and I am so glad for you! Look forward to more banter and tech advice.

I am applying for another job in my hometown this fall. Keeping my fingers crossed.

ME-VI
Avatar is the same-name is not pm me for the story if you like. It is radical. Hint.
Fingers Crossed. Do the reseach on the company first. I could write lots on that. Ah, you like the tech advice. I feel good providing that and I've been in the computer bus for 25 years. Mainframes to PC's. Still in the PC software business...wish I could tell you what I do...it is very exciting and everyone here is positively impacted by what I do...I do mean everyone.

I really encourage everyone to read blogs...I'll work on a listing of all the better blogs that I think would help those with ADD and some well, which are just good blogs on all things about life.

Good luck. You'll do fine

NJTrout
Old 04-10-07, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njtrout
Fingers Crossed. Do the reseach on the company first.
Good luck. You'll do fine

NJTrout
Thanks NJ, I have subbed there over 2 years and all my kids went there so I know it like the back of my hand. I am also volunteering for the strategic planning committee led by the superintendent. Know so many staff and students. It is a really good place-supportive and creative freedom to teach the material for maximum learning! Finishing up the ole resume and cover letter. These are pretty easy since I know the people or what they are like!

Whatever happens, happens.