ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Hangout
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Hangout A place for teens with AD/HD hangout and talk about what's on their minds.

Old 08-24-09, 05:45 PM

TINCAN is on a distinguished road
Re: Teen Roll Call!

I am Lauren, im from Kansas [[and no i dont know dorthy]] and i am 17 years young
Old 08-26-09, 06:39 AM

charlottesw is on a distinguished road

I'm Charlotte I am turning 18 in september,

just got diagnosed with innattentive adhd,

passed HS by a hair, now getting ready to go off to college

MASSHOLE
Old 08-29-09, 11:07 AM

kittentail is on a distinguished road

hi my name is kim im 17 and i haven't been properly diagnosed but i'm 99.9% sure i have Inattentive ADD. I have dropped out of high school twice. (well second time virtually kinda kicked out lol long story)
I was born in Preston England, then moved to Northampton where in year 7 i started having very noticable problems with school. i then moved to Cyprus and started high school at Xenion which is the first school i dropped out of (beginning of year 11). then after a year of self schooling i moved to England to work where i was rubbish at my job because of lateness, laziness and being generally distracted and slow. i then moved to dubai and re-entered the school program in year 12. after 1 year i was known as the girl who was persistanly late, absent and bad with assignments. at the end of the year i was told unless i could convice them otherwise to never come back (not in a cruel way lol).
After reading the amazing book by Dr Daniel Amen Healing ADD The Breakthrough Program That Allows You To See And Heal The 6 Types Of ADD, i realised i had Innatentive ADD. i haven't got many friends and those i do have i hardly speak to or they are in a different country.

wow that was lik really long winded introduction lmao

for more of my life story lol go to:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/show...t=71912&page=2
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-09, 02:06 AM

varied_in_style is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Teen Roll Call!

Hihi! I'm Sam, and I was diagnosed when I was only 2 1/2 years old. I live in PA and I'm in college for Marketing and Management.
Old 10-27-09, 02:53 PM

Thomasthetrain is on a distinguished road

hello my name is Thomas and im glad im here
Old 11-02-09, 01:20 PM

General Grime will become famous soon enough

Lo, i'm Tim, 18 years old and i'm from The Netherlands/Amsterdam.
I've only recently been diagnosed with ADD, but i'm not planning on getting on meds just yet.
Trying to hold it off for as long as possible, to see where it gets me.
While i do have a high school diploma, simply because it was easy enough for me to blaze through the 3 years without having to do anything, i did started ****ing up after that, since as soon as i was required to actually do homework and pay attention in class to pass i just started skipping classes and stopped going to school in general.
Simply because it was completely useless, as i was simply unable to pay attention, stating the obvious etc.
While ADD brings a certain amount of obvious burdens, i also feel it makes you stand out amongst the rest when it comes to certain things.
For instance i feel i'm alot faster in seeing through charades and general mimics in people, and most of the time i get a swift insight of what might be troubling people aswell, without knowing their background.
I've been lucky enough to be able to fake interest quite well, and match in when needed, so making friends has never been a real problem.
Though honestly i feel like i hang with friends more to add to the camouflage than honest enjoyment, eventhough i'm quite close with them and known them for years.
The biggest problem i have with my ADD is not really knowing what certain emotions contain.
I can laugh, i can cry, i can enjoy something and i can hate something, but i'm not sure how it feels to be actually 'happy' and neither do i know what it feels like to be truly unhappy.
It's dodgy.
I much prefer my own company over that of others, i have more interesting conversations with myself than i do with anyone i know.
Living with ADD is going to be an interesting journey.
Old 11-03-09, 11:14 PM

Wafflez is on a distinguished road

I suppose that it's time for me to post in here.

16 going on 22.

Missouri.

Haven't been diagnosed formally but by a friends parent that is a shrink.

I plain on going to college for business management, journalism and/or photography. I might do a trip major possibly :P
Old 11-07-09, 12:35 PM
Contributor

chellechelle is on a distinguished road

hey guess i should have posted here a long time ago i joined when i was 17 im now 18 im chelle. i was diagnosed at 6 and was on ritalin. i am now off of meds and quite happy i find cbt helps alot more. am looking into alternative therapy.. have fun on the board kids :P
Old 11-14-09, 07:01 PM

mr.lazy will become famous soon enough

Joined here a while ago, been lurking the last few days on the forums :P gonna start posting again.

Im mike, im 18, living in switzerland, born in the UK, diagnosed last year, stopped taking meds, because i don't want too

Old 11-21-09, 11:45 AM

Banzai is on a distinguished road

Seems to be alot of Americans here but hi, I'm 16, turning 17 in a couple of months and currently at college (we start college at 16 here in the UK). Never been diagnosed (NHS is pretty crap here).
Old 11-24-09, 07:03 PM
Jr Member

Linkx is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm Jake.

I'm 18 and I'm a freshman in community college from Iowa. I'm still preparing to pursue treatment for ADD - no formal diagnosis yet.

I look forward to meeting all of you.
Old 12-10-09, 04:14 PM

klau123 is on a distinguished road

Klau, age 19
Old 12-10-09, 08:05 PM

maybe_a_melody is on a distinguished road

Elizabeth or Lizzie (i cant ever decide on anything, not even my name haha!)
I'm fourteen and i live in Florida.
My brother has ADD and mild asbergers,
I dont know how long my parents have thought that i have ADHD but they told me i probably did when i was about 8 or 9.

Lately I've been having more trouble listening, staying still, forgetting and losing things so i thought i'd do a little research on it and now its kinda of an addiction.
I've been reading symptoms and almost all of them describe me!
I now get why i act the way i d and i'm so happy i figured out why I've always been the weird kid. I haven't been to get the doctor to diagnose me cause my parents are a little bit more worried about Ethan (brother).
I really want to know for suuure if i have it but i'm petty positive.

I also recently found out my dad has ADD!

We all drive my mom crazy (:
Old 01-02-10, 11:00 PM

RedGirl is on a distinguished road

My name is Amanda, I am 16, I live in Georgia but spent most of my life in OHIO and I say pop, which confuses and drives some of my friends crazy. I have AD/HD. I was diagnosed when I was 11 almost 12. I am in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program at school. My Little brother has ADHD; my uncle (my dad's brother) has AD/HD; my cousin (Uncle's son) has ADHD along with a slew of other things that accompany a mitochondrial disorder such as Asthma, Epilepsy, Autism, and a whole bunch of other things that I always forget the name of; we suspect that my dad has AD/HD but he has never been diagnosed nor tried to be; and my other cousin (my dad's sister's son) has AD/HD.
Old 01-06-10, 11:19 PM
Jr Member

NBizzzle is on a distinguished road

yooo im Nick, 17. diagnosed with ADHD in 4th grade... I was on adderall but decided to stop taking it sophomore year due to feeling physically uncomfortable with the medication. It wasnt working anymore... My ADHD has been worse than ever and looking for some help on just staying focused. btw i tend to bounce my leg more than anyone ive ever seen