ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Hangout
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Hangout A place for teens with AD/HD hangout and talk about what's on their minds.

Old 05-31-07, 11:09 AM

disorderlover is on a distinguished road
Hello my name is Adellihide ( But everyone calls me Heidi) I am 16 and was diagnosed when I was 11. I am from rual Manitoba Canada.
Old 06-06-07, 02:26 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Vhan will become famous soon enough
I'm Vhan, im 17.
I'll be a seniour this year, and I'll be going to fullsail university after I grad.
Old 07-06-07, 08:11 PM
ADDvanced Member

chsguy88 will become famous soon enough
Whats up? I'm rob, im 19 and just finished my freshman year of college at the University of South Carolina, GOOOOOOOOOO COCKS! lol, actually i'm not that much of a fanatic about it. I got diagnosed with ADHD about a month ago, after going to the psych for depression.. now than i'm on adderall, its amazing how much things have changed. My GPA would me so much higher if i had been diagnosed and treated before. Now that i'm being treated my GPA should shoot up in no time whoop whoop aim- polokidrob www.myspace.com/irocksevens
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-07, 09:35 PM
ADDvanced Member

mjpm is on a distinguished road
Hello, I'm Megan, 15 about to go into grade 10... I'm not 100% if i have ADD yet but as soon as we get settled in from the move my moms making an appointment with our new doctor for me about TS and i'm gonna ask him about ADD too

i haven't told my parents because i'm afraid... the last year i've been pretty much addicted to reading up on medical type things and talking about them and my mom thinks i'm saying i have them so she wouldn't believe me if i told her especially because my dads friends son has ADHD and i'm not always wound up that much (i think i'm more inattentive than hyperactive...)

for as long as i can remember I've always been bad with paying attention, remembering to do things and actually soing them, sitting still and organization.
i remember in grade two my teacher met with my parents and i don't remember much but her saying i'm always deep in space or something liek that but ADD wasn’t or still isn’t very known by a lot of people so I just got yelled at vy my teachers and my parents for not finishing work and not paying attention ect and i don't really know who to talk to at school so until now I’ve just had to hang on with school and everything…

sorry for the longe post, i tend to ramble without realizing it
Old 07-31-07, 03:35 AM

PIMP_IN_DA_HOUS is on a distinguished road
My name is Ben [edit] (sick of getting greif about it) i dont mind what you call me. Im 12(nearly 13) and i have adhd. mostly fine motor but i was diagnosed in 2002.
PS. this is what part of the alphbet would look like if Q and R were eliminated

Last edited by livinginchaos; 07-31-07 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: edited out last name. due to privacy, we don't allow full names on ADDF.
Old 07-31-07, 04:00 AM
Jr Member

WindySprite is on a distinguished road
Hey there! I'm Heather, a Canadian, British Columbian that just turned 17 and has gotten a rather nasty case of the sluggish, innitentive ADD-type. I was diagnosed in Grade 8, but after mentally bashing myself for the 500th time for dreaming off/procrastinating ("Because I was on meds that fixed it, so any ADD-ness was all my fault!"-My mentality there.) I did some research in Grade 11, found there was alot more to ADD then the "dreaming off part", and became convinced I was taking the wrong stuff.
I have to wait a month before I can try Adderall though, since Docs waiting list is nasty.

I also have come to admit that I can be really hard on myself/kinda anxious/ depressed sometimes. But I've just got to work at that, eh?

(Whoops~ did the same ranting-thing as Megan!)
Old 08-23-07, 12:54 PM
ADDvanced Member

Marty will become famous soon enough
hi, I'm Stephan, 15 (one more month :-)) and have ADHD
Old 08-23-07, 01:11 PM

Paige1989 is on a distinguished road
Didn't notice this thread before. Anyway. I'm Paige, 17, though I'll be 18 in a little over two months (!); I'll also be a Senior this your at my high school and am taking three advanced classes, then the others are semi-easier, but I'm definitely not coasting by like so many seniors do...I could technically get away with two courses...yet I'm taking a full load (seven) instead. :S I was diagnosed incorrectly as Unipolar Depresion when I was fifteen...that dx lasted about a month before they realised that, because Zoloft made me manic, I was Bipolar II Rapid Cycler. I also have anxiety problems. I think I'm ADD, but have not yet been diagnosed. My psychiatrist says that she needs to treat the bipolar first as it is more severe and the anxiety (which would be treated before ADD because it interferes more with my schoolwork and life in general) and ADDness might just be part of the bp...Anyway, if I go much further, I think I'd start rambling about my whole life's story...and trust me, it's complicated. >.> My friends still don't completely get it.

~~Paige

DX: Bipolar II Rapid Cycling with Anxiety
Meds: Lamictal, 400mg, Klonopin 1 mg., Ativan, 1-2 mg. PRN, Seroquel 300mg.
Old 10-07-07, 08:50 PM

caculatorgirl is on a distinguished road
Re: Teen Roll Call!

Hi, my name is Stephanie. I am 18 years old and a freshman at a local 2 year college just to get general studies classes. I live in Virginia, US. I know I have add(maybe a little of adhd) but my mom won't admit it. I am not currently taken any meds even though i want to so bad.
Old 10-10-07, 12:19 AM

cloverkiss is on a distinguished road

Nickname: Clover... 19 years old, from California (Bay Area)
I go to college (2nd year) and I'm currently using Adderall... But I'm not happy with it.
ummmm, ya... I think thats all

Old 10-11-07, 10:55 PM

MattM is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm Matt. I live in New Hampshire, and I am a senior in HS. I have been diganosed with Auditory Processing Disorder, and my shrink says I "probably" have ADHD-Inattentive. I take Adderall. It helps some. My ADHD gives me my creativity, but at the same time, it doesnt allow me to express it. Its a love-hate thing. Mostly a hate thing with the other LD though. O well, we are all in the same boat
Old 10-29-07, 11:10 PM
Jr Member

roneydapony is on a distinguished road

Molly, 19, NYC! A.D.D. but I have poor impulse control, fidget like all the time and can't shut up! I'm on adderall xr and minus the shaking I really like it! I'm with Matt on the love hate business.. I know I'm smart but I can't sit still long enough to prove it to the rest of the world! Lets hope the stuff in my official eval will be of some help!
Old 10-30-07, 10:07 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,019 Times in 2,424 Posts
livinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond repute

welcome all!! great to have you here!

Leonard: “You’re using chocolates as positive reinforcement for what you consider good behavior!”
Sheldon: “Very good! Chocolate?”
-The Big Bang Theory (sitcom on CBS)
Old 10-30-07, 06:13 PM

Abrixteth is on a distinguished road

Call me Ab.
I'm seventeen, undiagnosed, and struggling quite a lot through what I have been told is my senior year (not familiar with American schooling system). That is, Y13/second year of sixth-form.

I've extremely strong suspicions that I've add innatentive. It drives me crazy.

And thanks livinginchaos
Old 11-27-07, 02:07 AM
Jr Member

Phishoutawatur is on a distinguished road

Im Colette. I was diagnosed with innatentive ADD in August, but I have known Ive had it my whole life. I take 50mg of Vyvanse, but i dont really like it because it makes me really anxious, but i does help me focus much better in school and helps me to remember things better . . .my rooms still a mess thoughh haha

sorry i was ramblingg =] thats it though haha