ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Hangout
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Hangout A place for teens with AD/HD hangout and talk about what's on their minds.

Old 06-09-14, 01:44 AM
Jr Member

ZehRed is on a distinguished road
Re: Teen Roll Call!

I'm pretty active although I'm schizotypical so I don't form close relationships with people only gf which can only happen on anti psychotic medication. I'm 17 years old. I live in Canada and I've been diagnosed with ADHD, OCD and Schizotypal personality disorder. I've been hospitalized 3 times in total for mental problems in the past year. It's been a long road and I almost died on a few occasions because the mental health system sucks but I'm still going strong. If I didn't have 80mg of Prozac, I'd have severe OCD and I'd probably still be in the hospital for panic disorder. If I didn't have Abilify and Risperidone, I'd probably be severely schizophrenic. If I didn't have Concerta, I'm sure that I would have dropped out of school and would have gotten into street drugs just like my dad..

My mom has OCD and ADHD and dad has ADD both undiagnosed and never will be diagnosed because my dad has high blood pressure and my mom is too skinny.

Last edited by namazu; 02-24-17 at 03:37 AM.. Reason: privacy
Old 06-10-14, 12:55 PM

TheAddKidd is on a distinguished road

What do you mean it won't be diagnosed cause your dad has high blood pressure and your moms too skinny? I feel for you buddy, I've been through similar issues with depression, anxiety, add, and ocd. I'm at a roadblock right now because of certain factors, and because I moved so I don't have any friends or anything anymore, just my family.

What I noticed helped with alot of my mental problems were my friends, even if they don't know. When you have good friends it gives you a sort of high and can make you feel good and it let's you escape your thoughts of your mental issues, so never underestimate friendships. Another thing, living in Canada is awesome, just be thankful that you can get free health/mental care when ever you need!
Old 08-31-14, 11:01 PM

Kate95 is on a distinguished road

Wow it seems like this forum is a bit inactive. Also I've never joined a forum before so forgive me if I seem like a total ditz for a while. I'm Kate, I'm 15, and I have ADHD, OCD, GAD and depression - super fun. I should be researching catapults right now but here I am. Hello
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-14, 08:51 AM

kukubird234 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

I'm not really comfortable with posting my name online as I would prefer to remain anonymous. I'm 17 this year, high school senior, but I'm am not officially diagnosed with anything.

I began to realise that I was "different" last year.I did some research and eventually that let me to believe that I had ADHD.I had nearly all the symptoms.I couldn't focus for long periods of time, whenever someone was talking to me the attention span could literally be as short as 2 seconds and I would be drifting off into my mind.

I also noticed as a kid I would very often misplace things.When I was in elementary school I would often comeback with my stuff missing.I remember I asked my parents to get me that Spiderman wallet when I was 7.I was so happy with it.About 2 days later it went missing, never found it again.

Simple mistakes in math was a very common for me, starting at the age of 13.Even 4^2 could be mistaken as 32 and it still continues to this day, making the same elementary mistakes in exams.

In class, I can never sit still, I'm always the noisiest amongst everyone.Can you believe a high school senior singing "hallelujah" and all sorts of songs at the top of his lungs in and running and jumping around in class like a monkey when the teacher is not around?Unfortunately that is the case with me.

As I said, I am not diagnosed but would like to meet someone who could help.ADHD is not a very known thing in Malaysia.People do not know of my condition.I bet they don't even know such a thing exists.There is no such thing as "special accommodation" here. In my native country, everyone is "perfect" and everybody is stuffed into the same education system, whether their are "built" for it or not.

I really don't understand why its hard to improve my grades.I'm not trying to brag, but I probably study harder than most (since exams are coming everyone has started studying as well) but I'm talking about the times when exams are far away.I'm the one grinding by myself in my room.Still, my efforts have yet to bear fruit.This has been going on for nearly 3 years now.To this day, I am a straight B, a few C's and a few A's student

My hyperactivity is beyond the roof at times.My method of suppression?Force myself to sit still but it doesn't work most of the time.Even during exams, my mind will drift off somewhere.Same thing happens when my teacher is teaching.

I've come to realise that I need help so here I am, just a lonely misunderstood soul amongst many what we would call "normal" human beings.I want to get diagnosed officially, I want to get help but I just don't know how....

Last edited by namazu; 01-12-15 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: removed identifying details
Old 09-10-15, 08:29 PM
Jr Member

Shhhhh is on a distinguished road

I'm Nick, 17 years old in HS and I have add. Its held me back academically so much my entire HS career but this year I have medication that helps so I'm looking forward to ending strong! I live in N.J btw
Old 09-27-15, 11:14 AM

shevs56 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation hi and i need some help

hi i'm 16 and my senior project is about ADHD/ADD and i am still looking for a way to describe it (yes i do have it) but yet i can't really find the words i compared it to a machine but it will crash if there is to much information i compared it to a recroder but then you can press stop and end the recording if anyone can help me find a more clear way to explain it i need your help
Old 10-22-15, 10:40 AM

shevs56 is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Teen Roll Call!

Tyler shevlin i am 17 and have mixed ADHD two day a week i work as an ADHD coach i aslo based my senior project on ADHD/ADD im determined to give the "ADHD community" a voice i WILL limit the amount of us that are outcasted
Old 11-16-15, 12:51 AM

Cjapple is on a distinguished road

CJ, senior in high school and new to the forums! Hello! Diagnosed with ADHD at age 7, but the diagnosis was unfortunately ignored until high school. Also have auditory processing issues and an unspecified anxiety disorder.

Currently applying to 4-year colleges in the US, and trying to figure out how the transition will work in terms of my ADHD. My parents seem to have this outdated notion that I won't be able to receive support services in college, so they're trying to get me to stop seeing both my therapist and my organizational helper sometime in the next couple months. Both myself and multiple mental health professionals have tried to talk them out of it, but they just won't listen.

Anyway, I love swimming and theater and I read just about anything, from comic books to novels to nonfiction! This forum seems a little inactive unfortunately, but hello to anyone who's here!
Old 12-05-15, 12:40 PM

emans4seam is on a distinguished road

Hi every one! I'm Ethan. I am 17 and a senior in high school here in North Carolina, I have full blown ADD, Affects me in just about every thing I do. I am applying to 4 year colleges, playing varsity baseball, and completing senior project.
Old 01-19-16, 06:57 PM

Alexandroid98 is on a distinguished road

I'm Alexander, or Alex (if you prefer). I'm turning 17 tomorrow. Well, my relation to ADD is a bit fuzzy. It is mixed with my Asperger's Autism, which forms a unique palette of symptoms and consequences. If there weren't things like the trouble at school or my various social, uh, limitations, I would completely love having ADD for the increased creativity, unconventional thinking and vivid daydreams. I used to hate myself for my issues (maybe the ADD was responsible for some of the anxiety), but that's luckily gone now. What's frustrating is that "healthy" people like my teachers never fully understand what's going on in my head. I get wonderful one-liners like "Just focus for once, it's not that hard!" all the time. To which I would love to say "[redacted] you, you've got no idea so shut the f up!". Yupp. It's frustrating. But hey, what can yer do, eh? ADD only rarely affects my hobbies though which makes me look like I'm just too lazy to do my school work because most of the time I can focus on my very complex computer projects. I get that hyperfocus all the time. You might ask about medications. Well, those are the devil to me. They just essentially postpone the problem anyway in my opinion and out of about 6 types, none of them didn't give me severe side effects. So that's not an option. I could go on, but it would probably become too OT for this thread. So yeah, to sum it up: it sucks, but so far I can cope, even if only barely.
Old 05-08-16, 10:30 PM

RainbowZebra is on a distinguished road

Hi, my name is Julianne and I'm 14. I live in Pennsylvania. I have real bad ADHD. It affects my school, sleep, relationships, mood, and basically all aspects of my life.
Old 06-12-16, 12:33 PM

Alexandria1 is on a distinguished road

Hi, Alexandria
16 (most people call me Alaska)
Diagnosed with ADHD at 8
Also am dyslexic,dysgraphic and have dyscalculia.
Taking Focail and Desoxyn
Old 06-17-16, 05:42 PM

lighthouse3716 is on a distinguished road

Hi! My name is Jordan. I'm 18 years old, and I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 14 years old. I also have GAD, PTSD, and possibly Borderline Personality Disorder. I'm currently taking Adderall, Latuda, Klonopin and Ambien
Old 06-22-16, 08:26 PM

mikebruhzowski is on a distinguished road

I'm Maddie! I live in North Carolina, although I wish I didn't, haha. I'm 17 and I just finished my junior year of high school, which means I'll have to start working on college applications pretty soon. Yikes.

I have ADHD, complete with a three-second attention span and constant leg-shaking. I just recently started taking Adderall XR and it's made a world of difference for me. I actually have a pretty funny story about the first time I took it (on my current dose, that is) if anyone actually wants to hear it.
Old 06-29-16, 05:43 PM

If_I_Dream_ICan is on a distinguished road

Hey,

I am an 18 year old guy living with GAD, ADHD, OCD, Chronic Insomnia and Depression.

I graduated high school this past year and will be attending college next fall in Texas.

Sometimes I try to imagine what the world looks like through other people's eyes...

Last edited by Greyhound1; 11-05-17 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: Identity issues