ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Hangout
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Hangout A place for teens with AD/HD hangout and talk about what's on their minds.

Old 12-06-07, 04:40 PM

howard is on a distinguished road
Re: Teen Roll Call!

I'm Howard im 15 i live in england,manchester (north west of england), i was diagnosed with ADHD in 2002 roughly.
Old 12-20-07, 12:54 AM
Jr Member

Expressions is on a distinguished road

My name is Kristen, I'm fourteen years old, and unlike the vast majority of the people that have posted in here, I was diagnosed when I was two or three years old. I'm currently taking Concerta, and some other sorts of medication that help me with my OCD and ADHD (I have combined type), and my social anxiety.

I stay calm for the most part now, but once I get home I am usually acting like a maniac. lol. My ADHD usually effect me most at Home, because of my problems with attention and doing things. Although school is a close second.

- Kristen
Old 01-02-08, 04:35 PM

Chris2112 is on a distinguished road

My name is Chris, I am 17, and I was diagnosed when I was 5. I take ritalin and I find it hard to care about anything thats not stimulating to me at the moment. Many times I choose not to take my meds because I enjoy my high standards of stimulation, it really seems to make life potent and creative. My life is pretty much music, I love progressive rock and metal.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-08, 02:13 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,014 Times in 2,424 Posts
livinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond repute

welcome!

It's always super to meet new people

Leonard: “You’re using chocolates as positive reinforcement for what you consider good behavior!”
Sheldon: “Very good! Chocolate?”
-The Big Bang Theory (sitcom on CBS)
Old 01-06-08, 06:00 AM
Jr Member

E=mc2 is on a distinguished road

My name is Ben. I represent a third of 18 year old triplet boys. I live in Los Angeles where I'm a junior in Rabbinical college. I was just diagnosed with ADHD about 2 years ago after years of being rebuked to 'sit still' any 'try harder'. I was observed in grade 5, but the woman who was observing me decided for some reason that I didn't have any medical issue, and that I will grow out of whatever behavioral problems that I was displaying at that time. Obviously; I never did. Sadly, it took another 6 years untill I was diagnosed with ADHD (neither of my triplet siblings have any concentration problems whatsoever)-finally put on Adderall; which worked very well for about a year and a half; when its sideeffects and rebound proved to much to bear. Now I'm trying daytrana. I am very exited to have found this forum, as I don't have very many aquaintances with whom I can discuss my ADHD problems.
Old 01-13-08, 04:32 AM

blahblahblah is on a distinguished road

Hi my name is Grace, Im 14 and a freshman in high school and I live outside of chicago. I was diagnosed with inatentive ADD about two mounths ago and so far it really sucks. there are parts I like about but mostly it anoys me. It effecs all of my life because its a part of me though.
Old 01-15-08, 12:55 AM

livinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond repute

welcome Grace and Ben!!

Leonard: “You’re using chocolates as positive reinforcement for what you consider good behavior!”
Old 01-22-08, 04:25 PM

Wired is on a distinguished road

Hey all, the name's Wired, I'm 18 years old, going to college and on Academic Probation at the moment. Was diagnosed with ADHD combined type when I was 14 and have been on and off meds and in and out of CBT ever since. Nice to meet everyone.
Old 01-27-08, 01:35 AM

swimmerboy is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Teen Roll Call!

Hi everyone!!! I'm caleb,13, from WA state and i just got diagnosed w/ AD/HD last wednesday. really confused and need more info. on this stuff. also, wanted to know if there are any IM places for ad/hd. thanks!!!
-caleb
Old 01-29-08, 09:51 PM

Pink-a-holic is on a distinguished road

my name is tori i'm 13 live in C.T. and i was diagnosed with A.D.D and A.D.H.D yesturday. I'm really confused about EVERYTHING! i barely know what it is....HELP!
Old 01-30-08, 10:42 PM

welcome, Pink, Swimmer and Wired!!

It's nice to meet all of you!

Old 02-04-08, 11:24 AM

Tgreen is on a distinguished road

I am 17 male from NY I took adderall at 16 but recently lost all my health coverage. I miss it. I am homeschooled and I havnt really done any work in over 6 months because im always running around and driving. I cant stay foucused this is BS. I get moody just for typing . I yell at everyone like all the time. Sucks not having it.
Old 02-28-08, 03:22 PM

nat_tdr is on a distinguished road

I'm Natalie, I'm 16 and a 2nd semester high school Junior from Pennsylvania. I was diagnosed with ADHD-inattentive when I was in third grade, but not informed of my diagnosis until fourth grade. I've been on pretty much every medication out there, but right now have settled on 72mg of Concerta every morning. That will probably change next week, though.
Old 03-09-08, 08:22 PM

shoppingbabe16 will become famous soon enough

Hi My name is Jamie. I am sixteen years old and was diagosed with add in 3rd grade. I am in 10th grade currently.
Old 03-09-08, 09:35 PM

welcome!!! it's great to have you all here!