ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Homework & School
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Homework & School This forum is for teens with AD/HD talk about homework and other school related issues.

Old 02-08-07, 09:21 AM
ADDvanced Member

bandie08 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Its Just a joke

do ya'll ever try to make a joke but it comes out the wrong way I said to my band director today If I give you $20 will you extend the marching season. I didn’t think he would take that the wrong way. I was just trying to make him laugh. The reason why I said that is because I felt really sad that we are going to have such a short Marching season my SENIOR year. I'm really going to miss marching band when I graduate. The college Im gonna go to is a community college and it doesn't have marching band I feel like crying right now. I HATE HAVING ADHD. WHY DOES EVERYTHING I SAY COME OUT THE WRONG WAY!!!!!!!!!!

Trumpet + ADHD = Fun
Old 02-08-07, 09:55 AM
ADDvanced Member

susane is on a distinguished road
Awww...sorry to hear you are so upset Bandie. Did you try telling your band director that you were only kidding and that you will miss marching band?
Old 02-08-07, 09:57 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susane
Awww...sorry to hear you are so upset Bandie. Did you try telling your band director that you were only kidding and that you will miss marching band?
not yet I will though. as soon as I get to class I will

Trumpet + ADHD = Fun
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-07, 02:04 PM

Parafly is on a distinguished road
How can you misinterpert that comment? I don't get how you could be offended by that.
Old 02-09-07, 11:06 AM
ADDvanced Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parafly
How can you misinterpert that comment? I don't get how you could be offended by that.
what do u mean?

Trumpet + ADHD = Fun
Old 02-10-07, 02:06 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,019 Times in 2,424 Posts
livinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond repute
Parafly doesn't understand why your director took it the wrong way, why he didn't get that it was a joke.

Did you talk to him about it?

Courtney

Leonard: “You’re using chocolates as positive reinforcement for what you consider good behavior!”
Sheldon: “Very good! Chocolate?”
-The Big Bang Theory (sitcom on CBS)
Old 03-14-07, 06:06 PM
Jr Member

brittalitt is on a distinguished road
AGH I feel your pain, the other day in spanish a girl was describing her self and she said she was lista, and i said oh shes pretty, and then i said OH shes smart not pretty!
and everyone started laughing and I felt horrible, thats not how i wanted it to come out at all.
Old 03-14-07, 08:37 PM
Contributor

Sargon is an unknown quantity at this point
A big part of humor is timing.

Doctor Seuss Haiku
Old 03-14-07, 09:02 PM

Josh19861096 is on a distinguished road
Well, if he was mad about it, then he has issues. Was he mad? If he just didn't laugh, I know a lot of adults that don't laugh at jokes. Some people just don't laugh at that kind of stuff. Don't be sad.
Old 03-15-07, 08:04 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh19861096
Well, if he was mad about it, then he has issues. Was he mad? If he just didn't laugh, I know a lot of adults that don't laugh at jokes. Some people just don't laugh at that kind of stuff. Don't be sad.
he wasn't mad he just didn't laugh.

Trumpet + ADHD = Fun
Old 03-15-07, 12:48 PM

auntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the rough
Bandie I know what you mean about thing flying out of your mouth and the other person not understanding the way it was meant. I do that myself, then after I see their reaction I say to them, " I meant to say.... "

Some one with ADD or any other interpersonal problems can come out sound the wrong way. Do you see someone like a therapist that can help you with communication skill. Is there a counselor at school you confide in? I would check it out.

A child's mind is like a shallow brook which ripples and dances merrily over the stony course of its education and reflects here a flower, there a bush, yonder fleecy cloud... -Helen Keller

Old 04-10-07, 01:47 PM

jittery guy is on a distinguished road
i have had alot of problems communicating in a bunch of ways. the most common is through my typing i type so fast that i really dont think about how ive said something and it hurts people that i care about i feel you pain. oh and WHOOhooo go band ppl i play baritone!!
Old 04-10-07, 02:08 PM

VisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really niceVisualImagery is just really nice
Hey, you are in good company and you know what, don't think it is your ADD doing you in-plenty of 'normal' people do it too. With ADD we just might do it more frequently! Shoet.:foot:
  1. Never ask a woman with a large tummy when the baby is due.
  2. Make sure you know the person you are talking about is not the person you are talking to. :foot:
  3. Never guess someone's age-ever, especially women! If you have to, go low and flirt a wee, wee bit.
  4. Keep a notebook or paper in meetings and write those sudden thoughts down-then you can see if they are something you really want to say-helps me alot!
  5. Get really good at apologizing in a kind, caring manner-be genuine. That means a lot to people-it shows you care.
  6. Be really aware of which friends understand your wacky humor and which don't -I have to do this. I can really let go with one friend but it wouldn't be right with another. They have different personalities and abilities to handle my brand of Patch Adams, Robin Williams, George Carlin, Erma Bombeck, Paula Poundstone etc kind of humor all rolled into an AARP member. Send in the clown!
Thus speaks the queen of puns and size 9 mouth-with shoes on. :foot:
Old 04-11-07, 06:01 PM
ADDvanced Member

thewfh will become famous soon enough
OH man.... I do that all the time. Gets soo frustrating! Over time, I've learned to think before I speak. But there are lapses and there always will be. Hang in there and give yourself time to mature and learn techiniques. I'm still "growing up"!
Old 04-11-07, 06:30 PM
Contributor

bumblebe is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebe is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebe is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebe is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebe is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebe is a glorious beacon of light
I don’t see how he could take that in a bad way at all. Weird. Is there more to the story? Maybe you think he was upset at your comment but he was really upset about something totally unrelated?