ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Exercise and Nutrition > Nutrition
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-07, 04:33 PM

kodare is on a distinguished road
Absent mind

My main problem with my condition is memoryrecollection. It's all there but it takes forever to connect. Wich render me very absent minded and also very, very frustrated.
So I was wondering if there was some kind of suplements to milden this symptom.

I am currently taking ginkgo biloba and omega 3 with a little effect.
Old 05-11-07, 11:45 AM
Jr Member

silacomalley is on a distinguished road
I have the same issue, my short term memory is very bad, the memory is there, it just takes time to recall it. which is bad during conversation & specifically detrimental to my day job. I forget names of people I have known all my life!

The funny thing is though, on some days, It seems as though my memory is almost better than anyone else I know. This made me very interested to understand why this was happening. So I investigated.....

I am a male, who is in his 30's, so I checked up on my testosterone levels & my diet. Low testosterone produces classic short term memory issues, as well as lack of concentration (ADD symptoms). On all the tests I took, i showed up with low testosterone levels. Add that to my not so good diet & I convincingly believe I have an issue outside of ADD that can be rectified.

For example, I am currently munching on some nuts, ironically, to help me produce more of said hormones!....;-) Because of how they help the body produce more.

Off course this is a different story if your a woman!

Suffice to say, I have improved my diet, including foods which will naturaly stimulate the body to produce more of these hormones and.....well I will no doubt let everyone know how it all goes.

Moral of the story, sometimes we need to think outside of the box, or ADD as the case may be, cause it may just appear as though ADD is not always centre of attention, if you pardon the pun!

Other than the above, long term drug & alcohol abuse, disturbed or insufficient sleep, vitamin or other nutritional deficiencies can cause symptoms such as ours, or even plain old stress. So you may want to consider checking on some of these to see if this improves things.
Old 05-11-07, 12:00 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,002 Times in 629 Posts
QueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant future
AD/HDers are famous for our poor working memory.

A later poster mentions hormones -- estrogen is very important to brain function.

Just a thought about self-treating with Supplements:
  • Have you had any assessment or testing done of your memory?
  • Sometimes just jumping to medication -- without any investigation, could be covering up a bigger problem.
Sponsored Links