ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-07, 02:33 PM

happyaddgirl is on a distinguished road
"Pregnancy Brain" and ADD 8-(

I am super excited to be pregnant with #2 after much trying. I have a nearly 5 year old son now and he is going to be really happy too. The problem here is that I remember how "stupid" I got when I was pregnant with him and I'm fearful about how bad it is going to be now!! There is so much to remember... all the things for my son and husband that need to be taken care of, 1 part time job, on 1/4 time job (very part time), animals in the house, a house to clean. I've not be medicated for ADD because we were trying to get pregnant, so I've been supplementing with vitamins, etc to help with the brain issues. Now, at 10 weeks, I'm so exhausted that I can hardly get the MUST do things done and other things are getting left in the mist. I am hoping that the fatigue will pass soon and I can at least have the energy to 'try' to focus .

Today I ordered some omega supplements (3, 6, 9) from Nordic and I'm hoping they will help me with the mental stuff. Also got some for my little guy since I've learned they are good for ear infections, etc. and don't want to put just anything in his body, or mine right now, that I'm not sure is safe. These are highly respected and I'm excited to try them. They aren't supposed to give you that icky aftertaste either since they have lemon oil added to them. (If you have ever had the 'fish burps' you know what I mean). Anyway, I can't think of anything else to do but just ride it out and hope for the best.

World peace begins with inner peace!
Old 03-06-07, 05:34 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

amiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud ofamiegrace has much to be proud of
Hey,

I've heard Nordic is great too, they are supposed to be pure so you don't have to worry about any of the contamination issues. One way to get rid of the fish burps also is to take them at night before you go to bed!

I must be wierd because pregnancy made my brain work so much better -- my ADD nearly evaporated. ?? Blessings to you on your new little one!!
Old 03-07-07, 12:12 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,789 Times in 1,932 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations! It is normal to feel exhausted in the first trimester; nature's way of maintaining the pregnancy. Please check with your doctor about taking supplements other than a recommended prenatal vitamin combo. Just because they are "natural" doesn't mean they are safe when pregnant.

Phaedrus

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-07, 12:19 AM
ADDvanced Member

cloud1 will become famous soon enough
Take it easy and enjoy your wonderful pregnancy. Congrats, I know how it is to try so long for that 2nd one. Ask a a someone to help with house cleaning for a while.Don't stress cause baby can feel it. Relax and enjoy.
Old 03-08-07, 02:46 PM

happyaddgirl is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the kind works. I'm cautious about supplements and pretty well versed on them, so I am VERY careful. Omegas are awesome for pregnant women and they are awesome for the ADD brain as well.

BTW, I first knew I was pregnant because I couldn't remember the names of familar items... like the water faucet, which I had to call the water "thingy". I was bad. Fortunately it has gotten better and seems to be better than the first time, maybe because I know more of what to expect.

World peace begins with inner peace!