ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 03-19-07, 12:02 AM

BlueCat has disabled reputation
Question Foods that Increase the Concentration of Adderall XR and IR?

I red that certains types of foods can increase the effect of Adderall, like foods that Urinary acidifying agents, such as Ammonium Chloride and Sodium Acid Phosphate also Akalinizing Agents, such as Sodium Bicarbonate, increase the effect of Adderall. Anyone know what type of foods who contain theses agents? I think Coffee, Chocolate, Pepsi, Coke, Sprite, 7up, tea, Grape Juice, Pickel, Mayonnaise, Salade Dressing: Zesty Italien, Italien, Ranch, French, Ketchup, Peanut Butter, Cereale: Cap'n Crunch, Froot Loops, Rice Krispies, Corn Pops, Oatmean, Baking Soda, salt, sugar... are foods that contain Sodium in them. Is Sodium similar to Sodium Acid Phosphate? Urinary Acidifying Agents Foods are things like Vinegar, lemon, pickel...? If anyone know more about this and what types of foods or anythings that can help to increase the effect of Adderall can you please let me know? I will really appreciate it!!!
Old 03-19-07, 02:29 AM
Contributor

Nocturnal is on a distinguished road
I've heard that drinking soda after taking Adderall can lessen the affect of Adderall.
Old 03-19-07, 05:26 AM

Thanks for the info Nocturnal! I thought drinking soda like Coke or Sprite may increase the effect of Adderall??? Theses soda drinks contains caffeine and caffeine are suppose to increase the effect of Adderall or maybe I red wrong and soda increase the Side Effect and not the Effect??? Maybe it's both???
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-07, 05:43 AM

phospho is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat
Thanks for the info Nocturnal! I thought drinking soda like Coke or Sprite may increase the effect of Adderall??? Theses soda drinks contains caffeine and caffeine are suppose to increase the effect of Adderall or maybe I red wrong and soda increase the Side Effect and not the Effect??? Maybe it's both???
from what I know and experience, soda increases the effects, because of the caffeine. If you wanna test this, just take your dose of adderall, and drink a few cans of code red mountain dew...
Old 03-19-07, 06:08 AM

Thanks Phospho for the info! I try to drink Coffee, Coke, Sprite, Baking Soda with Hot Water, Caffeine Pills...sometime it work sometime it doesn't, it depend on many factors and so far I didn't find the exact things that make my daily dose of Adderall work and why sometime it doesnt??? I think I know some of them but I'm still not sure??? Like if I slept or didn't slept the night before may affect my dose of Adderall, I need to sleep at lest a few hours if not then the Adderall may work less or not at all. I can't eat too much before taking it, still I got others days that I had ate a little and my dose of adderall had work??? I saw that sometime when I meditated before or after taking my dose it can help and make the adderall work but still unsure about this fact??? I been on Adderall XR for more then a year now and I still don't know why sometime the Adderall work and why sometime it doesn't???
Old 03-19-07, 07:46 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

JR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the rough
Drinking soda will shorten the duration of amphetamine in the body. Soda has an extremely low pH (very acidic) which kills the amount of time amphetamines hang around in the body.

The only way to force Adderall to hang around longer is to create a basic environment in the stomach and urinate less. Soda really is a double edge sword since it's very acidic and caffeine is a diuretic which forces the body to urinate more frequently (which expels the Adderall more quickly).

J
Old 03-19-07, 10:07 AM
Jr Member

tp8181 is on a distinguished road
Foods like Broccoli, Almonds, raisins, soy milk, fresh water fish, apples, and pretty much all other green vegetables will help with the effectiveness of Adderall. You want to basically take the drug one hour after eating or one hour before eating. You also want to move towards a more PH balanced diet. THis will help the adderall work very well and also put your body in a much better state overall. If you need help with a PH balancing diet, PM me and I can help you out.

If you are going to use caffeine - drink green tea! This is a much healthier alternative and will also help with your stomach's acid levels.
Also, eat tums or some other form of ant-acid. This will help with abosorption.

I have been a competitive bodybuilder and I am currently on adderall and a pH balance "cutting" diet for the summer. I feel fantastic all week and am able to get off the adderall for the weekend and still function with relatively no crash.
Old 03-19-07, 04:16 PM

Thank Jr1973 and Tp8181 for the info I will take note of it, also thanks Tp for offering your help for the PH Balancing Diet. I send you a PM about it, did you received it yet? Anyways when you got the chance can you give me more info on it, I sure will appreciate it!