ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 05-09-07, 04:37 AM

ucsd_triton is on a distinguished road
Best Generic Adderall?

I was wondering what your opinion about the best brand of generic Adderall,the price, and where it can be found? Thanks!
Old 05-09-07, 06:37 PM

tammyfh is on a distinguished road
I'm interested in this too. I can't afford adderall anymore and I don't know what to replace it with?
Old 05-09-07, 07:36 PM
Forum Guru

Fraz_2006 has a spectacular aura aboutFraz_2006 has a spectacular aura about
Is dexedrine any cheaper?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-07, 07:56 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,974 Times in 2,420 Posts
livinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond repute
For me, any generic works. I haven't had any differences between brands. As for price, I'm not sure. My insurance is super and I don't have to pay for (generic) Adderall (Barr, typically).

Leonard: “You’re using chocolates as positive reinforcement for what you consider good behavior!”
Sheldon: “Very good! Chocolate?”
-The Big Bang Theory (sitcom on CBS)
Old 06-08-10, 02:43 PM

tommy peps will become famous soon enough
Re: Best Generic Adderall?

i use corepharma adderall... i have semi ok insurance... i pay 10.00 a month for my adderall with insurance as long as its IR and its generic... as far as how it works, it seems to work ok, im comparing it to nothing however cause i've never used another brand, name brand or otherwise but it does the job!
Old 06-08-10, 03:55 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

twinch42085 has a spectacular aura abouttwinch42085 has a spectacular aura about

I have used generic and name brand Adderall XR & IR. I have used Vyvanse and I have used generic Dexedrine IR.

I can't honestly tell any difference between generic or name brand Adderall XR or IR. Other individuals can. I have always had insurance that pays $10 for generic and $50 for name brand.

Vyvanse is smoother than Adderall XR in my opinion but seeing as there is no generic I choose not to pay $50 each month for 30 capsules.

Dexedrine works well for me. It is made by BARR and comes in 5mg tablets. No complaints with it.
Old 06-09-10, 04:15 PM

pudge72 will become famous soon enough

There's a great post about this located at the link below:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81322
The Following User Says Thank You to pudge72 For This Useful Post:
Tortee (10-04-14)
Old 06-09-10, 07:21 PM
Contributor

CalmTheChaos has a spectacular aura aboutCalmTheChaos has a spectacular aura about

Definitely check out this thread. My personal preference is Sandoz, because of every version of Adderall IR on the market today, Sandoz the closest thing to the original Shire Adderall IR.

Sandoz is hard for some people to find, but since you're in San Diego too, I highly recommend the pharmacy at Costco on Morena. The only Adderall IR they stock is Sandoz, and you don't need a Costco membership to use the pharmacy.
Old 06-09-10, 07:40 PM
Contributor

barnops is just really nicebarnops is just really nicebarnops is just really nicebarnops is just really nice

Anyone know of an "All-In-one-location Generic XR Experiences"?
Old 08-25-14, 11:43 PM
Jr Member

Gabe_GM is on a distinguished road

i am currently taking adderall (R 3060- generic brand) it cost me $10 for 30 capsules because my insurance covered most of it, now if i went with brand name i would be paying around $110 dollars for 30 capsules with insurance covering. without insurance it would be around $360. hope it helps, oh, try straterra, i think its cheaper
Old 08-28-14, 07:13 PM

addanelz is on a distinguished road

I have been taking Adderall for 13 years. Adderall has been a wonder drug for me, and made all the difference in my life, academically, in social situations, my work environment, and helped me to maintain a normal functioning life, where I otherwise struggled and was told I was 'not smart enough,' 'was rebellious, and a problem child,' and often times accused of being on drugs, due to how hyper and impulsive I was. I have taken both the IR and the XR. Ideally, I would rather take the XR, but my insurance will not pay for brand name, and I have yet to find a generic XR, that is comparable to the brand name, so I currently take the IR. It is very frustrating that it seems to be harder and harder each month, to find a pharmacy to keep a consistent supply of at least one of the only three generic Adderall brands I can tolerate. For me personally, the only three companies that I feel make a proper generic IR Adderall, are Barr, Teva, and Sandoz. I have done countless hours of research and as I am not a chemist, or pharmacist, or doctor, I do not understand every single thing that I read, but what I can stand by, is my personal account, of the very drastic difference that my body feels, physically and mentally when I am able to get my script filled by Barr, Teva, or Sandoz verses, the horrendous side effects I have experienced from all the other pharm companies that manufacture pills they call generic Adderall. If you are not sure, I suggest to stay clear of any pink colored Adderall. I always stick with orange colored Adderall. I have not tried the white colored Adderall, and with all the bad experiences I have had with generic Adderall, I will just stick with what I know works best for me, and hope and pray it doesn't come down to me being forced to take anything different. I have witnessed the price of Adderall sky rocket in the last five years, as well as the increase of demand cause a decreased supply, and shortages that make it more and more stressful every month to get my script filled. It is very upsetting how more and more pharmacies are refusing to stock these specific manufactures and I fear that I will eventually end up having to pay out of pocket for the brand name Adderall to avoid the potentially devastating side effects from these other generics, that do not work for me at all.
Old 09-01-14, 10:41 PM

RJV1989 is on a distinguished road

I like the barr brand. With my insurance its about 6 bucks for a refill here in MI.
The Following User Says Thank You to RJV1989 For This Useful Post:
Eaaqas (09-02-14)
Old 11-10-14, 01:35 PM
Jr Member

Mustang78 is on a distinguished road

I live in MI as well. What pharmacy do you think is the cheapest as I have been seeing prices all over the place. I got a free script for Vyvanse to try and it works good so far but I found out with my insurance its over $200 a month and even generic adderall xr will be around $150. I think I'm going to have to switch to generic IR. Just need to know who's the cheapest and what generic is the best. Thanks in advance.