ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 01-15-04, 05:02 PM

TomFNP is on a distinguished road
Lethargy and Strattera - Several Questions

To those of your experiencing lethargy with Strattera - how many of you were switching from Concerta, Adderall, or Ritalin?

Do you think that it was lethargy or were you used to a stimulation boost in the afternoon with the stimulant?

Have you noticed if the lethargy or perception of lethargy has increased, decreased, or remained the same?

Did your concentration levels, impulsivity levels, distractibility levels, and/or hyperactivity levels change?

How much of the lethargy do you think is due to lack of experience or training with long periods of focusing and/or concentration?

Any other comments or questions would be helpful.

Thanks
Old 01-15-04, 08:57 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,073 Times in 579 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
So, as I commented in another thread, I did experience lethargy when coming off a ritalin day.

On Strattera, when I took it in the mornings, I would feel unbelievably exhausted in the morning...couldnt get myself in gear. I talked to my doc, and started taking Strattera at nite, right before bed. This instantly fixed my lethargy, and didnt keep me up at night. Its been working well ever since!

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 01-16-04, 12:40 AM

TomFNP is on a distinguished road
Night-time dosing to decrease lethargy

Thanks for the observation that taking the dose at night decreased daytime (including morning) lethargy.

I will certain use this with my patients.

Does the control of ADD symptoms last until evening?
Old 01-16-04, 03:14 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,073 Times in 579 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
For the first 2 weeks it did. Then I noticed it wearing off about mid day. Now I take 40mg's at nite, and 18mg's x2 at lunch.

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 01-16-04, 03:30 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

biker is on a distinguished road
My doctor has me on a combo of Adderall XR 30mg and 80mg of Strattera. I take it when I get up in the AM. I have only been on this combo for 2 weeks, but I really like it. I am procrastinating less. Also I am able to complete a lot more things.

Strattera worked well for me, but getting something started was very hard. I also had the problems peeing. That is much better.