ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 07-06-07, 12:18 PM

Burberry is on a distinguished road
Adderall and Smoking (NICOTINE)

So yeah, I know that it is common for people to experience the urge to smoke a lot more when they are taking Adderall. I know when I take my Adderall, I want to smoke more than usual. I've heard many explanations to why this is, but I have yet to find an answer to my question, so I have turned to you guys for help. Like I said, when I take my Adderall it makes me want to smoke, but at the same time, when I do smoke it makes me like dry heave and gag. Also it leaves me with the feeling of some nasty sh-- in my throat and sinuses (although I have yet to decide if thats from just the Adderall or the Adderall along with smoking) Does anyone else have this experience or know why the dry heaving occurs? Is there any way to hinder such a "reaction" (Besides not smoking)?

Thanks a lot!
Old 07-06-07, 12:36 PM

JM19 is on a distinguished road
Unfortunetly, I use chew. After about two weeks on Adderall, I noticed the cans disappearing a lot faster. Bought a box of Nicorette -- it works. But, still, that can looks so appealing.

So try the gum / patch. If you really want to quit. I wouldn't recommend ADDING the gum to your daily intake of smokes lol
Old 07-06-07, 02:40 PM

Hey, thanks alot. It is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, as I know I SHOULD quit and would like to sometime in the near future, I was kind of wondering more about the whole dry heaving thing and why that is happening. I do, however, appreciate your advice a lot. I will have to invest in the patch or the gum.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-07, 03:44 PM

Jvasic123 is on a distinguished road
Maybe?

well smoke causes dry mouth, adderall causes dry mouth... also, when ur throat is dry your body produces mucus for 1 to try to get the tar out of your lungs and for 2 to keep your throat from being dry. I dont know I could be wrong but it makes sense 2 me. Good luck
Old 07-06-07, 03:50 PM

No that actually makes perfect sense. I guess it just doesn't produce enough so it just kind of....sticks there I guess (for lack of better words) and causes the incessant, unpleasant dry heaving and unfruitful attempts at throat clearing. Thanks, bud. =)