ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 07-29-07, 11:53 PM

Darksanity is on a distinguished road
DMAE with Adderall??

I was thinking if it would be wise to supplement with DMAE, perhaps at around 100mg+ everyday along with my usual 10-15mg Dexedrine 2-3times/day?

I mean... is there any bad interaction? Will DMAE synergize the amphetamines? Or will both drugs cancel eachother?

Thoughts?
Old 03-22-11, 08:37 PM
Jr Member

CARTER69 is on a distinguished road
Re: DMAE with Adderall??

It makes sense but it could be dangerous. If you try it go very slowly. Here's how I see it. Imagine your nervous system as being like a rope. Let's say that adderall pulls your rope to the left, and that DMAE pulls it to the right. If you use both together you would be pulling the rope taught. That is fine so long as one's personal rope isn't holding together by a thread in places, if so then it would be too risky. If you are in good shape it would in my estimation be a healthy choice, but I am only someone who has approached the same question myself, not a doctor. My answer for myself has been to take one one day and the other the next, and that works okay for me.
If you try it please post your success or lack thereof back. I for one would like to hear someone say it worked great for them, and then I might not be afraid to try it myself.
Old 04-16-11, 10:28 PM
Jr Member

CARTER69 is on a distinguished road
Re: DMAE with Adderall??

If you've revisited the question, I can tell you I've used it (DMAE) packaged as Focus Factor, in the morning and then taken my regular dosage of Adderall in the afternoon. My feeling is that one has more fuel for the Adderall to burn if you take the DMAE ahead of it, but I have not yet tried them specifically together and so I can't tell you whether you would feel like you took more or less medicine.
Sponsored Links