ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Homework & School
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Homework & School This forum is for teens with AD/HD talk about homework and other school related issues.

Old 10-30-09, 09:28 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold
Re: Keys to College Success

It's similar to where there is a will theres an which hlped to A and Bs
Old 04-28-10, 01:45 AM

SophiaSan is on a distinguished road

I'm in my second year of college right now and I'm pre-med.
As for as my courses, anything that requires good memory, I can do. But as far as calculations with chem and math I totally suck at.
So I am one of those people who can study for bio 30 mins before a exam and ace it.

But that can only get me so far when I reach harder courses
I do have a problem with studying. I can never get things done! Maybe for roughly 30-40 minutes.

Lately I've been noticing that when I do study at school I'm more productive more so than being at home. So I try to finish my homework at school as much as possible. I get so distracted at home...my bed looks so comfortable after a long day of school LOL
Old 05-06-10, 11:04 PM

Bapp is on a distinguished road

Thanked and thanks! Must.. Get.. Through.. College....
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-10, 05:57 PM
ADDvanced Member

Ky4giraffe has a spectacular aura aboutKy4giraffe has a spectacular aura about

I just got diagnosed with inattentive ADHD. I am going to a tech school (NWTC) and I have yet to call their support services (mainly because I forget until its to late in the day!)
but I have a huge test coming up in one of my classes (chapters 1-6, 168 terms plus 10 amendments!!)
and I was wondering if I should email my teacher and ask her if she could at lest tell me exactly what I should study.
Also I was wondering if anyone knows exactly how long it takes to get help for have ADD through support services?
Old 09-27-10, 12:44 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,017 Times in 2,424 Posts
livinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond repute

hi Ky4!

First, go to your school's disability services office. Find out what you need to do to apply for accommodations.
When I applied I needed the diagnosis paperwork from my doc and a note from him spelling out what accommodations I needed.

It can't hurt to talk with your teacher, but don't expect that she'll tell you.

Leonard: “You’re using chocolates as positive reinforcement for what you consider good behavior!”
Sheldon: “Very good! Chocolate?”
-The Big Bang Theory (sitcom on CBS)
Old 10-22-10, 09:43 AM

heroscreamer is on a distinguished road

The first thing you need to do is "prove" that you have a "disability" as they call it. As discribed by the ordering Dr. this means your brain simply does not function like others do, in either certain situations (testing, studying, etc.) Or certain subjects (Math) are not registering as "making since." In my case I complicate most college level Math; meaning I read into the equations too deep, making it unsolvable.

Sorry ADD moment there, So...um ya, What was I talking about? Ok, The Dr. has to type a note saying you have this "disability" and you will give this to your DSS Manager.

The next step is to fill out a form the manager give you requesting the service.

The DSS Manager will then send forms in the mail, advising you to hand deliver them to your instructors, in my case, She also emails all my instructors with these forms (awesome).

I take all proctored exams in a Learning Center behind a closed door by myself with no distractions (i know sounds too good to be true). It has helped me greatly. I am officially an all "A" Student today!

PLEASE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SERVICE, YOU WILL BE MUCH MORE SUCCESSFUL.
The Following User Says Thank You to heroscreamer For This Useful Post:
johnny_walker (05-11-11)
Old 12-19-10, 01:54 AM
Jr Member

BlackouTT is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the post its really going to help me next semester
Old 05-11-11, 08:05 PM

Kara593 will become famous soon enough

I'm so ADD I couldnt even read all of that. I looked,zoned out when I saw all the text and detached.

I bet it was really helpful

40mg Adderall
2mg Klonopin
The Following User Says Thank You to Kara593 For This Useful Post:
johnny_walker (05-11-11)
Old 05-11-11, 08:08 PM

Kara593 will become famous soon enough

I am in the same exact situation as you! I'm pre-med also and I have trouble with math and chemistry but I got an A on my bio final without studying. I also find I can study more at school than at home. I'm happy I'm not alone in this!

What college do you go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaSan View Post
I'm in my second year of college right now and I'm pre-med.
As for as my courses, anything that requires good memory, I can do. But as far as calculations with chem and math I totally suck at.
So I am one of those people who can study for bio 30 mins before a exam and ace it.

But that can only get me so far when I reach harder courses
I do have a problem with studying. I can never get things done! Maybe for roughly 30-40 minutes.

Lately I've been noticing that when I do study at school I'm more productive more so than being at home. So I try to finish my homework at school as much as possible. I get so distracted at home...my bed looks so comfortable after a long day of school LOL

40mg Adderall
2mg Klonopin
Old 05-11-11, 09:12 PM
Forum Guru

Grasshoppaa is just really niceGrasshoppaa is just really niceGrasshoppaa is just really niceGrasshoppaa is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara593 View Post
I am in the same exact situation as you! I'm pre-med also and I have trouble with math and chemistry but I got an A on my bio final without studying. I also find I can study more at school than at home. I'm happy I'm not alone in this!

What college do you go to?
Hey! I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but nobody has responded to this thread besides you in over six months. Any questions/comments, etc. that you have, feel free to start a new topic about it! (nobody really reads these old topics anyways).

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about the fun on this forum, please send a message to Metzfanaz in the complaint department.
Old 08-16-11, 03:20 PM

kitty92 has a spectacular aura aboutkitty92 has a spectacular aura about

Great!!!!!!!! you went over every thing and had it catigorized so you cols kip o what you need
Old 09-28-11, 01:02 PM

Tykira is on a distinguished road

Very good. I'm gonna try some of these tips! :-)
Old 12-06-11, 12:51 AM
Jr Member

karijoo90 will become famous soon enough

what kinds of things do you guys request from your office of disabilities at your school? i don't even know where to begin on what kind of specific accommodations i'd like...
Old 12-09-11, 02:35 PM

ScottADHD is on a distinguished road

I would go to the disabilities office and they would give me my test in a quiet room with double the time.

This is all I personally really needed. Depending upon your needs I know of some students who have someone read the questions to them
Old 02-06-12, 11:54 AM
ADDvanced Member

Ranmaru is on a distinguished road

Yes I do homework the day of, always. I study the day before a test. I can't do well if I study the same day.