ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Homework & School
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Homework & School This forum is for teens with AD/HD talk about homework and other school related issues.

Old 08-20-07, 01:59 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,964 Times in 2,419 Posts
livinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond repute
Financial Aid!! Scholarships!!!

here's a list of scholarships for people with disabilities such as AD/HD and LD.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://add.about.com/cs/adhdincolleg...holarships.htm

^^^^^Scholarships for Individuals with ADD or ADHD are far and few between. Those who wish to apply for a scholarship based on this criteria may need to apply based on Learning Disability or Other Disability. A few of the scholarships that may fit the criteria for individuals with ADD/ADHD are listed here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out:
http://add.about.com/cs/offtocollege/a/scholarships.htm

The author gives great information on how to look for scholarships

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More scholarship opportunities to check out here:
http://www.disabledperson.com/articles/scholarship.asp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(mostly on finding scholarships!!)
http://parentingteens.about.com/od/scholarships/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and of course - - - you MUST MUST MUST sign up for government financial aid:
http://www.finaid.org/

Do this as soon as your tax return comes in. You need your tax info in order to fill out the fafsa documents.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lastly, make sure you're always browsing http://www.fastweb.com
to look for scholarships.

Think of weird things too . . . they have scholarships for lefties, if your parent was in combat, etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOPS! I was wrong . . . one more "Lastly"

If one or both of your parents was in the military, please contact your local VFW or American Legion and ask about their scholarship program. I got money from the American Legion for 2 years.

__________________________________________________ __
I'll add more to this post as needed ,. . .. . others can too!

Leonard: “You’re using chocolates as positive reinforcement for what you consider good behavior!”
Sheldon: “Very good! Chocolate?”
-The Big Bang Theory (sitcom on CBS)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to livinginchaos For This Useful Post:
autagonist (01-17-13), formychildren (12-23-09)
Old 03-17-08, 12:28 AM

auntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the rough
Re: Financial Aid!! Scholarships!!!

I am looking for scholarships for college, but dont know what to look under can some one help me figure out topics? I belong to fast web... but dont know how to get the scholarship... I am terrible at essays... and alot of them are coming due soon.

A child's mind is like a shallow brook which ripples and dances merrily over the stony course of its education and reflects here a flower, there a bush, yonder fleecy cloud... -Helen Keller

Old 07-17-08, 10:19 PM
Contributor

Arei is a glorious beacon of lightArei is a glorious beacon of lightArei is a glorious beacon of lightArei is a glorious beacon of lightArei is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, this post is really helpful. Thanks for the info!!

I've been using fastweb, but I can't find much... I'm trying to find that lefties scholarship xDDD I did find one for women 5'10" and taller... that is sweet xD
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-08, 01:15 AM

livinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond repute

check this one out, Arei
non-academic scholarships

wacky scholarships

this one has the info for lefties, plus many other different scholarships

and one more

Leonard: “You’re using chocolates as positive reinforcement for what you consider good behavior!”
Old 08-22-08, 01:29 AM

tiffeny is on a distinguished road

Okay people, I am 23 years old and I applied for the higher education grant early this year, but I never thought I'd get it. I just got a letter today congratulating me on the award. Since I applied for the grant I have switched schools temporarily, but my new school doesn’t know about the grant. I have to call them to let them know. I have taken out 12k for this year, but cost of attendance is 18k. So when will I get it?
Old 08-22-08, 11:08 PM

you'll have to ask your school or the grant as to when you'll get the money. If I recall, it's usually in October, but I could be off on that.

Congrats!!!

Old 08-23-08, 05:04 PM
Forum Guru

curseandablessi is a jewel in the roughcurseandablessi is a jewel in the roughcurseandablessi is a jewel in the rough

If it's federal grant money, you need to go to fafsa site and update and add your new school to it. Fed money is usually paid directly to the school and then any left over after tuition and fees gets refunded to you after you've attended school past a certain date, usually 6 weeks. Of course if your money if from another source it could be totally different.
livinginchaos (08-23-08)
Old 08-30-08, 05:04 AM
Forum ADDvocate

DotwithADD is just really niceDotwithADD is just really niceDotwithADD is just really niceDotwithADD is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Financial Aid!! Scholarships!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginchaos View Post
you'll have to ask your school or the grant as to when you'll get the money. If I recall, it's usually in October, but I could be off on that.

Congrats!!!
It probably depends on the school, where I go to college (in East TX), we'll get our grant money in Sept. But like living.. said, ask your school. Does your school have a website? If so, they may have that information on their website.

And Congrats! That's great!

SUCCESS COMES IN CANS NOT "CAN'TS"

Dx's: ADD, OCD,and MILD DEPRESSION, and occasionial generalized anxiety (minor)

Breast Cancer Survivor since 2005
The Following User Says Thank You to DotwithADD For This Useful Post:
livinginchaos (09-03-08)
Old 10-07-10, 11:55 AM

stock-guy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing wonderful information can i get more updates on it
Old 01-15-11, 04:27 AM

Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,072 Posts
sighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant future

i'm studying teaching this year, and getting a scholarhip/bursary will be very easy. The government is handing them out like candy due to the lack of teachers
Old 06-03-11, 10:09 PM

Thanked 4,011 Times in 2,683 Posts
Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute

you can get a scholarship for adhd now? im set. im looking at multiracial scholarships and this shall add. i do want aid for busting my culo to get my grades though, im entitled to that foremost.

-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 04-22-12, 03:19 PM

adamwb is on a distinguished road

My daughter, who is currently in high school has ADD and applied for scholarships solely for high school seniors. There is a good list there, a lot for ADD and Non-ADD students alike.

I like to think first and foremost that she gets a scholarship based on her talents and academic prowess rather than ADD itself. Just a thought, hopefully people find it useful.

Some other ADD scholarships listed here at additudemag.com that we also found useful.