ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 09-25-07, 06:10 PM
Jr Member

shane71475 is on a distinguished road
Can vyvanse help with weight loss also?

Just wondering, I slimmed right down while on adderall and hoping to have the same effect on vyvanse.....
Old 09-26-07, 09:45 AM
Banned

Matt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really nice
It probably isn't "indicated" nor is it something that doctors or even forum members would approve looking forward to, but considering it is predominantly dexedrine and my experience is that dexedrine is better for weight loss (it actually is almost painful to eat on it whereas Adderall sort of ****'s the bed so to speak), it should be expected, I have heard it has more of that as a side effect versus Adderall.
Old 09-30-07, 02:25 PM

ImAwhiner is on a distinguished road
I took Vyvanse yesterday and ate like a horse. I don't do that with Adderall.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-07, 04:16 PM
Banned

Matt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really nice
People are different
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt S. For This Useful Post:
BrokenMind (12-29-13)
Old 09-30-07, 07:54 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Draga has disabled reputation
God I hope it can lol..losing weight would help take care of most of my physical problems...I just started yesturday, and today, I have not wanted to eat a bite and it's already 6 @ night....but eventually I will pop something in the nukerwave.

Just wondering...the pharmacist and doctors say eating should not make a difference with towards the meds..but sometimes when I eat something after taking it..the meds dont take long to kick in as it may not when I dont eat....anyone notice this or is it just in my head lol

Please do not think me cold, for I do want loving arms to hold, but I am so sick of being used and abused...If I die alone tomorrow I die unbruised.
Old 11-20-07, 11:16 PM
Forum Guru

blueyeyore is a jewel in the roughblueyeyore is a jewel in the roughblueyeyore is a jewel in the rough
Re: Can vyvanse help with weight loss also?

I used to take mine in the morning without eating, but I've been eating a nice protein breakfast in the mornings and I don't seem to notice a difference in the amount of time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draga
God I hope it can lol..losing weight would help take care of most of my physical problems...I just started yesturday, and today, I have not wanted to eat a bite and it's already 6 @ night....but eventually I will pop something in the nukerwave.

Just wondering...the pharmacist and doctors say eating should not make a difference with towards the meds..but sometimes when I eat something after taking it..the meds dont take long to kick in as it may not when I dont eat....anyone notice this or is it just in my head lol

Lamictal
Wellbutrin
Old 11-21-07, 04:12 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

netsavy006 is a jewel in the roughnetsavy006 is a jewel in the roughnetsavy006 is a jewel in the rough

As a generalization, it should help for weight loss but given that it's a controlled relase and an added molecule, it's affects may be different than the previous stimulants. Plus it's hard to tell as everyone is different on different medications.

Dx: Asperger's + Schizoaffective Disorder - Bipolar Type + Panic Disorder w/o Agoraphobia
Rx: Lithium 900mg + Xanax 0.5mg QID + Celexa 10mg + Clozaril 325mg + Centrum + Fish Oil
Old 11-22-07, 04:05 AM

hippie_chick is on a distinguished road

I know for me that adderall killed my appetite - not so on vyvanse thus far.
Old 11-28-07, 09:59 PM

chinesebob is on a distinguished road

I think the official stance is that appettite loss is a mild side affect but as you become accustomed to it that will level out.
Old 11-28-07, 10:53 PM
Forum Guru

blueyeyore is a jewel in the roughblueyeyore is a jewel in the roughblueyeyore is a jewel in the rough

Dang...I hope I level out soon lol Been taking it for 2 months now...still dont really eat anything, except breakfast when I wake up in time. *shrugs* guess it's just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesebob
I think the official stance is that appettite loss is a mild side affect but as you become accustomed to it that will level out.

Lamictal
Wellbutrin
Old 11-29-07, 12:15 AM

chinesebob is on a distinguished road

Yeah - I find that when I follow a schedule for eating small amounts I do much better. Otherwise I would forget. Trouble is with not eating - it lessens the effect. Food helps because then your glucose levels aren't depleted and you are not depending on it for all of your energy. As if that were a problem for most of us to begin with....
Old 11-01-08, 02:08 PM

Eclipse84 is on a distinguished road

I hope it does I was taken off adderal a year ago. I gained 60 pounds since. I hope Vyvance will help me
Old 11-09-08, 09:55 AM
ADDvanced Member

E4rolls will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: Can vyvanse help with weight loss also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane71475 View Post
Just wondering, I slimmed right down while on adderall and hoping to have the same effect on vyvanse.....
Vyvanse has not affected my appetite like it does for some people here. I get very hungry and feel bad if I don't eat. Damn it!

Supplements: 1000mg Omega-3, multivitamin

Diagnosed: ADHD combined, Bipolar I with mania and psychotic features, SAD (Social Phobia)

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."-Anonymous
Old 11-09-08, 07:32 PM
ADDvanced Member

Tominal will become famous soon enough

Vyvanse hasn't effected my appetite. Well, I guess it did the first 2 days but that's about it. I am more active since I started taking it though, and that will probably lead to a little weight loss (which would be good for me).
Old 11-10-08, 06:25 PM
ADDvanced Member

Woman on the Verge will become famous soon enough

There are a number of threads on here that talk about this.

I posted in another thread about my experiences with it.

I've had a tremendous amount of weight loss taking Vyvanse. Went from a size 10 to a 4 in 3 months. Not sure about the weight in lbs but I think it's probably at about 20lbs or so now. I'm also under an insane amount of stress these days and stress decreases my appetite big time so it's hard to tell if it's still the meds or if it's just stress or if it's both making me not want to eat....

Hopefully I'll be at a place with much less stress soon and will be able to more accurately assess the situation.

One thing I have noticed is that I want to eat healthier foods when I am hungry. More raw veggies and fruit.
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but burn, burn, burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes 'Awww!"
- Jack Kerouac