ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips > Tech Solutions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Tech Solutions Electronic Devices & Gadgets, Software and Websites

Old 10-17-07, 04:21 PM

uniquemess is on a distinguished road
Vibrating wrist watch reminder

hii i wanted some kind of an hourly reminder , i found several options vibralite(3 and 8 version's) , watchminder ,malem vibro watch , medose watches
i just wanted to know if u ppl have ne experiences with them
vibrating watches are generally too bulky and big , is this vibralite one really light.....???
Old 10-17-07, 08:06 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Skully has a spectacular aura aboutSkully has a spectacular aura about
Re: Vibrating wrist watch reminder

Sorry, no expereince with the watches. But I am interested. Hopefully someone will pop in and answer the question!

Me: "I love french fries with my hamburgers and also milk shakes but I don't like milk because it makes me sick which reminds me I better get my flu shot before I get the flu which dries out my skin but I use jergens which is greasy like fries."

Dr: let me wash my hands before I increase your Adderall.
Old 10-18-07, 04:00 AM

Thanked 5,333 Times in 3,848 Posts
SB_UK has disabled reputation

have you thought of this -?-

Sony Ericsson MBW-100 Bluetooth Wrist Watch MBW100

yummy yowzer - bluetooth wifi wireless USB madness.

I really can't wait until our refrigerator scans an online database of recipes and makes intelligent decisions on what we could make for dinner.
So
:-) the newer phones have barcode readers bundled -

~however~

thinking ...

that if we could insert electrodes about our mortal coil :-)

that our watches might vibrate to give us physiologically defined advice on what we really need to be doing -

kinda' like exercise - or eat

and sure - the latest devices come with gps bundled -
which when mixed together with the currently gps-only device's capacity for recording precedent -

- and currently existing algorithms for pattern matching -

well - whilst running - one might experience a holographically transmitted message across one's sun glasses - that

says

dunno'

you are not running optimally (boy!) -
because you're a bit hungry -

and sure the latest devices are wired into google GIS mos
- or stores - what they sell - hours of opening - and other metadata

-> so one's route could be modified 'live' -
to take in a shop.

Thinkin' live route definition based on physiological parameters and the idea of

a personal network - a kinda'
little WAN secreted about one's person.

Last time I was in India - was struck by the number of wall to wall IT book stores (very MS orientated though)
- we spent much of our stay over an IT school - for little guys -

it's all happening :-) (isn't it)

- Anyway -

Sony have produced a great product for people with empty real estate on their wrists (unfortunately I haven't)
- especially for the individual who's plugged into (metaphoricaly) - several devices at the same time -
and the bluetooth watch'll neatly stop one from missing a call - when one is enthralled by

Blondie
'hanging on the telephone'

on one's new razor sharp i-analogue porti-turntable

bit expensive though (the bluetooth watch).

Meaning -
that we'll have
integration and convergence in

personal -> bluetooth
local -> wireless USB
local-global ->wifi
global -> 3g -> hspda

... taking in wireless radio/digital radio and satellite vision
1:1 intercom signals
(not to mention)
VOIP
which I just mentioned.

doh!

wireless communication handsets (available now - the N95 for instance - have all of these) -
- and then all that's required -

is a truly personal input into that matrix.

ps ->

http://www.sonyericsson.com/bluetoot...sp?lc=en&cc=gb

gives one an idea of the meaning underlying

-> truly personal

the ears and rings bit

(most so)

IGNORE LIST BEING USED - 8 ENTRIES
T - 1 before communication becomes futile.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-07, 04:52 AM

Thanked 5,333 Times in 3,848 Posts
SB_UK has disabled reputation

ps

it does the vibrating alarm wrist thing which you're after

(oops!)

IGNORE LIST BEING USED - 8 ENTRIES
T - 1 before communication becomes futile.
Old 10-18-07, 11:24 AM
Banned

Matt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really nice

I have got the cell phone
Old 10-18-07, 01:38 PM
Forum Guru

DeloresMelon has much to be proud ofDeloresMelon has much to be proud ofDeloresMelon has much to be proud ofDeloresMelon has much to be proud ofDeloresMelon has much to be proud ofDeloresMelon has much to be proud ofDeloresMelon has much to be proud ofDeloresMelon has much to be proud of

I bought a watch this isn't a wrist watch, but it's kind of like a pocket type. I hook it on my belt loop. It has 12 alarms. It doesn't vibrate, and frankly when looking into this, the general consensus was that the vibrate feature is rather weak. Hard to notice, etc.

I'm still getting a daily schedule that works for me, but so far I've found it very helpful especially for getting kids ready for school, I set it for 10 minutes before the bus comes; I set it for 15 minutes before the bus drops off *yes I have actually forgotten a kid once*.

I also set it for lunch since I typically forget to stop and eat.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post where I got it.

Old 05-31-08, 06:32 PM

simpleblue has a spectacular aura aboutsimpleblue has a spectacular aura about

set your cell phone alarm on vibrate.
Old 09-24-08, 02:46 PM

Yaaziel is on a distinguished road

As said above, the cell phone alarm might be the ticket. My cell phone allows you to make a recording and attach an alarm to it.

But what I use, --not what you want, because it's nonvibrating-- is the Timex Ironman with Datalink. This has literally chan ged my life. I can dump pretty much my whole schedule of appointments in Outlook (there's a USB cord and this odd software), and it's got countdown and interval alarms with different sounds as well, and a stopwatch.

It's led to fewer fights around baby feeding time, and eliminated parking tickets from spent meters for me. And I found it on amazon for less than $60.
Old 03-06-09, 02:06 AM

KennedyWarren is on a distinguished road
Alarm Clock

My friendís brother is hearing impaired and as his birthday is coming up next week, I thought I could give him a useful gift to help him as he travels often being a salesman. He often complains that he is late for appointments as his present alarm clock does not function well. Do you know of any site from where I can buy a great alarm clock for hearing impaired people?>>
Old 03-06-09, 02:18 AM

CooperRichard is on a distinguished road
Alarm Clock

Hi KennedyWarren,

ShakeAwake Vibrating Alarm clocks are useful for hearing impaired people, heavy sleepers and people who hate jarring sounds. These clocks are battery operated portable alarm clocks with vibrator, loud buzzer alert and a snooze button that wakes up even the deepest sleepers on time. This site: www.shakeawake.com will be very helpful for you.
Old 03-07-09, 11:08 PM
ADDvanced Member

Black Razor is a jewel in the roughBlack Razor is a jewel in the roughBlack Razor is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB_UK View Post
...I really can't wait until our refrigerator scans an online database of recipes and makes intelligent decisions on what we could make for dinner...
It already exists! Well sorta, GE is already working on a refrigerator for consumers due to hit the market sometime in the next 5 to 10 years. The idea is that you can scan in your groceries and it connects to the internation retailers association barcode database and records what you have. You can then use a touchscreen to edit how much is left as you use it. Also, for food which you purchase that dont have a barcode you can simply search a database of foods or manually enter it. It manages your entire kitchen inventory and can even search for recipes from popular sites such as RecipeZaar, FoodNetwork, etc....and it even connects to the USDA Nutritional Information Database for automatic nutritional totals which can be calculated for any portion using simple reciple multipliers.

Also, if you havent seen it LG makes a refrigerator with a small LCD tv in the door. GE has considered this as an option to to go with this "Smart Refrigerator" so you can easily watch cooking shows, sports, etc and also use the screen for the recipes, etc.

How do I know this? I used to sell appliances for a living and at a training event, the training expert told us about some of the things being cooked up at the research labs. Hows 'dem apples?
Old 03-08-09, 07:01 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,110 Times in 541 Posts
wsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud of

I have been using the 'Invisible Clock', for a few years now.
http://www.invisibleclock.com/

I pretty much only use the one timer function so I can remind myself about critical time junctures.

At work, since I work mostly at night... I don't really clock out for my half hour lunch and go away to be by myself.
I usually clock out when I remember to, then go back to work and hopefully remember to clock back in at the half hour mark.
I tend to find plenty of time to eat during my shift, and it's just me and one tech so I don't like to be out of the lab for a whole half hour incase things get jumping around the hospital.

Anyway, I can set the timer to sound an alarm or vibrate.
I usually use vibrate.

Trouble is... it scares the DICKENS out of me when it goes off!
Literally makes me JUMP!

Also... I tend to forget to bring it to work, or to use it if I have taken it to work.

But when I do use it.... it's great!
Oh.. I also use it to remind me that my agar plates should be about room temp and I can go set up my cultures.
Otherwise, they would sit out all shift long, or the specimen that needed to reach room temp (after sitting in the fridge), might start growing if it got too warm.

It's a great, reliable, little device!
I think it was worth the $20 or $30 bucks I paid for it a little bit ago.

=========
I know have a new diagnosis: Attention Difference Display / Happy Dance (ADD/HD)... I think it fits!
=========

Sometimes I worry that if I don't slow down... I'll run my batteries down and won't be able to recharge myself... powered down permanently at such a young age!
The Following User Says Thank You to wsmac For This Useful Post:
Black Razor (03-08-09)
Old 03-08-09, 05:07 PM
ADDvanced Member

Black Razor is a jewel in the roughBlack Razor is a jewel in the roughBlack Razor is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Mac, thats freakin sweet. It does exactly what I need from an alarm, especially the 12 different alarms. Oh, man, thanks so much.
Old 03-14-09, 02:32 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,110 Times in 541 Posts
wsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Razor View Post
Thanks Mac, thats freakin sweet. It does exactly what I need from an alarm, especially the 12 different alarms. Oh, man, thanks so much.
Your welcome!
Someday I want to have a reason to use the 'meeting alarm' function... actually, now that I think of it... my daughter would probably like me to use it to cut my lectures short when she asks me a simple question.

- daughter sets meeting alarm function (gives reminders of different levels of intensity at certain times to remind a person to 'wrap things up soon'), turns it on, gives unit to Dad, then asks a simple question.

- Dad revs up latest speech for the question, "Where is the holder for this widget?", whereupon he embarks on a long journey describing what may have happened to the holder, and segues into a lesson in improvising using 'at-hand' items to replace the holder temporarily, which leads into a lengthy discussion about design elements and engineering aspects revolving around ergonomi.....BEEP...BEEP.....BEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

=========
I know have a new diagnosis: Attention Difference Display / Happy Dance (ADD/HD)... I think it fits!
=========

Sometimes I worry that if I don't slow down... I'll run my batteries down and won't be able to recharge myself... powered down permanently at such a young age!
Old 03-24-09, 02:04 AM

masonmorales12 is on a distinguished road

Are there alarm clocks for people with special needs and disabilities?