ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-07, 10:57 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

maori_boy is on a distinguished road
Re: I pace the floor endlessly....

lol @ do you prowl? hahaha

If you aim for the mountains, you will hit the plains, if you aim for the sky, you will hit the mountain peaks, climb up, thrive
to the pathway of knowledge, to achieve excellence,
spiritually, mentally, physically
Old 12-03-07, 10:39 PM
Extradimensional Moderator

HighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedo
I have my own "runway" between the kitchen and livingroom... I pace back and forth all the time ,endlessly.

When I was a kid my father used to say that I pace the floor like a caged tiger It's just something that I do to keep from spilling over, to stay focused. If I'm overstimulated I pace in an attempt to rid myself of the excess mental activity.

Am I the only one here who does this ?
Probably not. I used to do this quite a bit when I was younger. I still do, but I do it much less since I have started treatment.

Runway is a good way of putting it. It's rather repetitive, but that factor isn't necessary for me. I'd often do it outside, and others would wonder as to what I was doing/thinking. I wasn't like everyone else in that I would sit down and do something. Subjectively, I would think that it helps me focus, on whatever it may be... but it wasn't always as if it was something limited to times where focus was needed.

It definitely is in the same arena as rocking in a rocking chair in terms of effects.
Disclaimer: none of the posts on this forum should be taken as medical advice. Optimally, always seek the opinion of multiple experienced professionals, note any discrepancies, and use your best judgment, as well as research, to determine what is true, untrue, and neither (opinion).
Old 12-04-07, 12:20 AM

4gotAgain has a spectacular aura about4gotAgain has a spectacular aura about

I pace alot. It kind of gets me excited and helps me to think. I can spend the whole night just pacing and thinking.
Sponsored Links