ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Exercise and Nutrition > Exercise
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-07, 02:34 PM
Contributor

NickL30 is a glorious beacon of lightNickL30 is a glorious beacon of lightNickL30 is a glorious beacon of lightNickL30 is a glorious beacon of lightNickL30 is a glorious beacon of lightNickL30 is a glorious beacon of light
Anyone take Creatine ???

I am currently taking a form of Creatine with Dextrose added to it. It is Muscletech Cellmass.

Two scoops in water is 310 calories including a whopping 75MG carbs but that carbs are made up of Dextrose sugar. I add it to a diet snapple grape drink or fruit flavored water because Creatine by itself in water tastes nasty.

I heard mixed reviews about Creatine & there are so many types and combinations. I bought something called Creatine Estyl Esther but haven't opened it because I want to get more info before I decide to keep it.

I have a hard time putting on decent size. I managed to get up to around 140LBS from the mid 110's back in the spring but sometimes the Adderall kills my appetite.

I lift weights 3 days a week and take a 60 minute boxing or kickboxing the other 3 days.

I take 2 or sometimes 3 Adderall tablets (20MG each) every morning about 30 minutes before starting work.

I feel like I don't have much time. I am in my 30's now and lost the opportunities to bulk up in my 20's because of the period of depression / anxiety which really only went away when I started the high doses of Prozac.
Old 02-09-08, 02:09 AM
Contributor

Fuse has a spectacular aura aboutFuse has a spectacular aura about
Re: Anyone take Creatine ???

I've heard that things like Creatine make you 'bigger' by helping your muscles retain more water.

They won't however, make you stronger. Loss of appetite on stimulants is definitely problematic. I'd be interested if anybody figures out a way to overcome it, besides sheer force of will.

Old 02-10-08, 12:00 AM
ADDvanced Member

tom888 will become famous soon enough

Go see a professional nutritionist. Helped me a lot!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-08, 11:18 PM
ADDvanced Member

thewfh will become famous soon enough

Creatine does make you stronger b/c you are adding muscle size. Creatine is used in energy production in our muscle cells after the initial ATP is use. cP, or Creatine Phosphate is separated in the muscle body and the floating Phosphate combines w/ the Adinosine dyphosphate to make Triphosphate, which is used for energy in muscle contraction. Creatine in naturally occuring in red meats and is a normal thing in our bodies. By loading up on creatine, you are increasing the availability for energy production. Also the water aspect is involved. Creatine acts like a water magnet. By producing an imbalance of water outside our cells, we draw in water and nutrient to balance out the cells. A long story short....creatine monohydrate is a great suppliment to take for bodybuilding. It's best to cycle on and off of it to see good results. Why monhydrate...it's the most studied and researched version of creatine....it's best to combine creatine w/ a fruit juice b/c it needs a piggyback of sorts. 5 gm for women, 10 gms for men. I'm a gal and I only do 2.5. I get a really great workout from using it and I can lift better which in turn makes me put out more of an effort.

And yes you do gain strenght when you use creatine. Sample of an article on the safe use of creatine. "The average gain in performance from these studies typically ranges between 10 to 15% depending
on the variable of interest. For example, short-term CM (creatine monohydrate) supplementation has
been reported to improve maximal power/strength (5-15%), work performed
during sets of maximal effort muscle contractions. Long-term CM supplementation appears to enhance the overall
quality of training, leading to 5 to 15% greater gains in strength and performance. Nearly all studies indicate that “proper” CM supplementation increases body
mass by about 1 to 2 kg in the first week of loading

If you want some great information, check out this forum
http://www.discussbodybuilding.com/C..._295206/tm.htm

Hey, good luck and I hope this helps....
honorablementio (04-26-10)
Old 03-25-08, 11:21 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
I've heard that things like Creatine make you 'bigger' by helping your muscles retain more water.

They won't however, make you stronger. Loss of appetite on stimulants is definitely problematic. I'd be interested if anybody figures out a way to overcome it, besides sheer force of will.
Creatine is not a stimulant. It's a naturally occuring amino acid needed to produce energy for contraction of muscles. It's very safe and can be benefical. Yes...oh yes, you can gain strength from taking creatine. Oh yeah.....trust me.
Old 03-25-08, 11:26 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuse View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickL30 View Post
I am currently taking a form of Creatine with Dextrose added to it. It is Muscletech Cellmass.

Two scoops in water is 310 calories including a whopping 75MG carbs but that carbs are made up of Dextrose sugar. I add it to a diet snapple grape drink or fruit flavored water because Creatine by itself in water tastes nasty.

I heard mixed reviews about Creatine & there are so many types and combinations. I bought something called Creatine Estyl Esther but haven't opened it because I want to get more info before I decide to keep it.

I have a hard time putting on decent size. I managed to get up to around 140LBS from the mid 110's back in the spring but sometimes the Adderall kills my appetite.

I lift weights 3 days a week and take a 60 minute boxing or kickboxing the other 3 days.

I take 2 or sometimes 3 Adderall tablets (20MG each) every morning about 30 minutes before starting work.

I feel like I don't have much time. I am in my 30's now and lost the opportunities to bulk up in my 20's because of the period of depression / anxiety which really only went away when I started the high doses of Prozac.
The reason why you have trouble putting on decent size is possibly the amount of cardio you are doing. 60 minutes 3 x's a week is a lot when you want to put on size. You need to eat 5 to 6 quality meals a day w/ protein being a big staple. Protein is needed to build muscle mass. Also, I would need to see what your weight lifting routine is. 3 x's a week is not bad. Back/bis, chest/ tris and leg/ shoulders would be a good 3 day split. If you are still watching this post and want more info, holler! I like to help.
Old 03-26-08, 02:23 PM
Jr Member

dimitrikkk is on a distinguished road

you need to put on size/weight, all comes down to diet, which is pretty hard since adderal stunts your appetite. and keep doing your boxing, the cardio is good for you, id maybe not go all out since your main goal is to add on mass.
Creatine can help put on strength and size. id advise you not to wasite your money on anything from companies liek MUSCLE TEK, they sell overpriced garbarge. take a close looka t the ingredients, its creatine+dextrose(gatorade)+chromium+alphalipoic acid, the whole point is to spike insulin as much as possible which is exactly wat u want after a workout, but for wat tehy sell it at with their outragoues claims such as their 7 POUNS IN 7 DAYS! yea my ***. maybe som water wegiht, not muscle.If you strugle to put on weight, your a hard gainer, and you need over 20 calories per pound of body weight. soo if your 200 pounds, thats 4000 cals on a workout day.
-eat every 2-3 hours
-eat 1.5-2 grams of protien per pound of lean body mass
-eat 2-3 grams of complex carbs(cept postworkout, where u would have quick sugars liek gatorade or white bread w/ a pro shake and creatine)
-.5grams of HEALTHY fats per pounnd of bodyweight(olive oil,natural penut butter,etc..)
-lots of veggies
-protien with every meal
-good rest/sleep
-take a good multi vitamin.
As for lifting, you wunna hit each body part hard with at least 9 sets,with 4-6 reps, all low-volume, heavy compound movements,followed by a slighter higher rep range for hypertrophy/muscle buidling, then an accesory move to tone/pump for your final sets, with maybe 1 or 2 accesory exercise. For example chest,Flat barbell Press:4-6-6, INcline Barbell Press-6-8-8, Pec Flye-10,10,12, then maybe a set of pushusp or dips to failure.
Old 03-26-08, 02:42 PM
Jr Member

dimitrikkk is on a distinguished road

oh a good way to get in the extra calls is right before bed time, get som casein protien powder, or if to pricey, plain old lowfat/fat free cottage cheese, season or sweeten as u wish(low sugar stuff) have som penut butter and go to bed. u want to have protien and fat before u go to bed cuz ur bdoy goes into a fasting state as you sleep for several hours iwth no food, soo wen ur body fasts it has nothing else to do but feed on muscle protien, but wen u eat protien and fat, the protien protects your mucle during the nite whiel the healthy fat slows down the absorbtion of teh fat so the protien flow to yourmsucles is slow but consistent.
healthy meal replacement shakes are a good way to if u have troubel eating, just gobble down a sahke. in a blender thorw in som fruit, nuts or penut butter, 2 scoops of protien powder, 1% milk, and vwolla, a high calorie shake, chug it out of the blender and your on the go.
remember breakfeast is the most crucial meal of the day, u must eat wen u wake up, and alot, even thoguh u had the casein shaek the nite before, ur body is still starving in the morning, so feed it.
lift hard, eat plenty, u will grow.