ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 12-05-07, 01:07 PM
ADDvanced Member

amnorvend is on a distinguished road
Shire patient assistance

So, I have no insurance and can't afford Adderall. Has anyone had any experience with Shire's PAP? Is it difficult to get meds through?
Old 02-29-08, 09:14 PM

sees is on a distinguished road
Re: Shire patient assistance

shires pap covers my 60 pills of 30mg XR, which is at least $240. must attach your most recent tax doc (1040), the financial requirements are that you must make under something like ~$19.5k a year, and a few other things:
http://www.adderallxr.com/assets/pdf...hureJuly05.pdf
they send your psych a (payment/credit-like) card, must send a financial update at six months or six uses, whichever is first, then you must renew after a year/twelve uses, whichever is first. ive used this for two years. i attach an extra note to that (printed) pdf, stating that i have 60 pills of 30mg (by default they cover 30 caps/month.)
"We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we do, we have a great war of the spirit. We have a great revolution against the culture. The great depression is our lives. We have a spiritual depression."
Old 02-29-08, 10:12 PM
ADDvanced Member

Leah will become famous soon enough

Do you mean they cover 60 caps of 30mg per month? Is that the "managers' card" thing? I thought the most they would cover was 30 caps/ month.

Thanks, it's kind of confusing to me.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-08, 03:03 AM
Jr Member

deadjed is on a distinguished road

I got my card in about a month. $ 5.00 is nice.

I'd like a little clarification about 30X2-XR. I take it I would have to reapply again?
Old 03-01-08, 08:23 AM

sees is on a distinguished road

you take it right.
im not familiar with that jargon (manager card). the actions i took (for 60 caps) are as previously stated:
Quote:
i attach an extra note to that (printed) pdf, stating that i have 60 pills of 30mg (by default they cover 30 caps/month.)
i have the psych write it like a prescription.
"We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we do, we have a great war of the spirit. We have a great revolution against the culture. The great depression is our lives. We have a spiritual depression."
Old 07-24-08, 03:06 PM

jaym45 is on a distinguished road

I thought it was only 30 as well, so thanks sees! In the meantime I'm trying out a matching program that will hopefully get us back on our feet. I thought it may be helpful to you, amnorvend, if you still needed help as well. It's http://patientassistance.com/, and they are a non profit that helps you find a pap. Maybe they can help!
Old 07-29-08, 12:02 AM

dtpharmd is on a distinguished road

The Shire Patient Assistance program is relatively easy to use once you go through the rigamorole of being accepted in the program.
Unfortunately Shire discontinued the Adderall XR PAP April1, 2008. In Adderall XR's place they are shoving down the Adderall XR patients throats Vyvanse which they claim is a prodrug of Adderall X. This could not be further from the truth. Please check out the forums on Vyvanse especially threads comparing the two.

Diann