ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips > Tech Solutions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Tech Solutions Electronic Devices & Gadgets, Software and Websites

Old 12-08-07, 01:46 PM

Viajero is on a distinguished road
Calendars + Task Mangagers -- Skoach, Vitalist, GCal, Jott, RtM... etc.

I'm using Google Calendar at the moment and it does keep getting better and better, and it integrates with all my other Google software--my GMail, GNotebook, etc. Am wondering, though, what people think of Vitalist or Skoach. Has anyone used these, and can you say how it compares with other tools?

Skoach had been developed for ADD brains specifically (by people with ADD, I think), and it obviously has some of ADD-friendly features, but I'm trying to find out if it is as robust and fast as Vitalist with G.Calendar, or other combinations.

I use Remember the Milk with G.Calendar, but it is slow, since it's not built right in. Apparently Google is developing GCal very rapidly and it will sometime soon have a built-in task manager/to do list. Then I would just print out a sheet every day or couple of days, and write on it thoughout the day.

I'm also using Jott to call in entries to my G.Calendar lately. You can use itt with the others as well. Jott is a incredible tool--you really need to check it out.

The ADD Planner client software looks positively primitive compared to the latest Web 2.0 stuff. And I tried Organize Yourself a month ago -- it may be good for some of you, but not for me.

I would like to use something with my PDA, eventually. Looks like GCalendar will work with it.

I'd like to hear what you-all have found actually works for you. It's very individual. Since there is a big learning curve no matter what you choose, I'd just like to know some specific pros and cons upfront, if possible.
Thanks
zoomman (02-24-08)
Old 02-23-08, 05:01 PM

dotan has a spectacular aura aboutdotan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Calendars + Task Mangagers -- Skoach, Vitalist, GCal, Jott, RtM... etc.

looking for one to . and i need one for desktop. so if anyone has any reccomandations...
Old 02-23-08, 05:37 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,275 Times in 974 Posts
Mary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to behold

well... yahoo, has notebook, calendar which you can set reminders for yourself, etc.. and it will send straight to your email to remind you.... if you hadn't already known that. They also have widgets that send reminders as well.

Remember, we here at ADDForums can only do so much. It's up to us as individuals to make the right choices, to seek professional help outside the forums.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-08, 09:25 AM

dotan has a spectacular aura aboutdotan has a spectacular aura about

thanks
decided to go for outlook with sync to my mobile phone for reminders .
palning everything getts me really stressed...
dotan
Old 02-24-08, 10:34 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

zoomman is a name known to allzoomman is a name known to allzoomman is a name known to allzoomman is a name known to allzoomman is a name known to allzoomman is a name known to all

Skoach looks tempting, but only works with Firefox and Internet Explorer. I've been using Opera because I like the way it "handles" for me, the way it's laid out works for my ADD brain.

I turned on Firefox just to see what was there and there's nothing until you register. I hate that, frankly. I have only vague descriptions of how this service functions, and they want me to just jump in and register? It's like buying a car without knowing anything about the car except what was written up in Car & Driver. Pooh!

Good post though. Got me thinking.
This savage love is undestructable!
---Gogol Bordello
Old 02-25-08, 04:54 PM

aturetsky is on a distinguished road

To clarify, registering means providing an email. We are not charging just yet. When we will, we'll let folks test-drive first.

Thanks,

The Following User Says Thank You to aturetsky For This Useful Post:
nomADD (09-13-08)