ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 12-27-07, 05:07 PM

SexyLilWench is on a distinguished road
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, or is he the crazy one O.o

I met my friend a few weeks ago at a local bar, we hit it off right away and come to find out he was looking for a place to stay. I am buying a house and was looking for a roomate. After finding this out, i asked him if he wanted to move in. I thought it would be a good idea, because i dont get along with other girls very well. Anyways, I told him whenever he wanted to move in he was welcome to. So, he calls me yesterday and asks if he can move in. I told him to come on over, about a half hour after his call i get this message on myspace... it is his ex girlfriend and i honestly dont know what to think of it. She also went in his account and deleted some messages from me that he had not opened, and is in general starting a bunch of drama saying all kinds of stuff about him and I at the bar we hang out at.

Hey Jenn, my name is (Edited!!) and I am (Edited!!'s) ex girlfriend. I don't mean to cause you any confussion or trouble but I am just going to let you know that I am aware he is possibly moving in with you. I would suggest to you that would NOT be a good idea. About an hour ago, I packed his things from my house and moved him out. I don't know what he has told you but most likely they are all lies. He and I had sex last night. I hope you get this before you jump in the sack with him. If you want to talk some more and want to know what I know about him then you might want to call me. He is not trustworthy at all. I am only doing this because I don't want him to cause you any pain like he has me. I will forward an email to you from him a few minutes ago that he has sent me if you want proof that he has lived with me for 6 months plus. He may have 100 dollars on him and nothing more. Don't let him sucker you into his lies. They are very hurtful and because of all the lies I have found out yesterday and today, I am not sure what he is capable of. I will let you make that choice. Honey, I just wanted to let you know this is a friendly letter to you and not an email out of jelousy. Please be careful. You are too young to let a man like him hurt you. I hope you don't read this if he is around but I am going to assume you have let him stay with you tonight because, you have already offered him a roof over his head. To let you know ahead of time, he has not paid me rent in two months. I hope to hear from you soon. I do not have access to the internet often, ecspecially now that he is gone. Call me at anytime. I don't even mind you calling me tonight. XXX-XXX-XXXX...I hope to hear from you soon.

I took out their names on the off chance that anyone knows them.... but anyways, i am soo confused by this whole thing. One part of me wants to blow it of as she is crazy because he dumped her, and the other part of me wants to tell him to get the heck out of my house. I just got seriously hurt by my (ex)best friend, and this is making me seriously doupt my choices. I asked him about her last night and told me she has been starting drama ever since she found out he was moving in with another girl....
Old 12-27-07, 05:22 PM
Forum Guru

DeloresMelon has much to be proud ofDeloresMelon has much to be proud ofDeloresMelon has much to be proud ofDeloresMelon has much to be proud ofDeloresMelon has much to be proud ofDeloresMelon has much to be proud ofDeloresMelon has much to be proud ofDeloresMelon has much to be proud of
Re: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, or is he the crazy one O.o

I haven't even finished reading but this is the first thing that popped in my head: " don't know what he has told you but most likely they are all lies. He and I had sex last night."

If he's such a deadbeat... why's she still screwing him?

*ok, back to reading*

Now, you've only known him a few weeks and you already offered to let him move in? That doesn't sound very brilliant, but that's MY opinion. In which case, unless you've done background checking on him, gotten references, etc., then if he stiffs you rent, I honestly have to say, tough noogies.

As for the girl, sounds jealous. If they did indeed have sex like she said, she's still got feelings, he knows this and is using it for free sex, and she sees you as a threat.

Sounds like you stepped into a right big pile of poo.

Old 12-27-07, 05:28 PM
ADDvanced Member

Honeybunnie8 will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a bunch of drama to me. I would assume one of them is crazy and either way it's going to be a mess. I would get out, if I was you.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-07, 05:41 PM

I know several of his friends, and they all say she is crazy, and he is a good guy... but those *Are* his friends..... And i really need the extra money to pay my morgage.... darnit this is so confusing!

Last edited by SexyLilWench; 12-27-07 at 05:41 PM.. Reason: oops.. i said a bad word! :P
Old 12-27-07, 05:54 PM
Banned

Matt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really nice

Her: Borderline Personality Disorder

Him: Antisocial Personality Disorder

IMHO

A lot of what she says is most likely true but she plays a role in it herself.

I don't get the intention from your post that you have any desire for anything but a roommate so her advice about having a relationship with him is the only good thing about this. I guarantee you that she will not leave you alone.
Old 12-27-07, 07:04 PM
Forum Guru

meriellyn has a spectacular aura aboutmeriellyn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybunnie8 View Post
Sounds like a bunch of drama to me. I would assume one of them is crazy and either way it's going to be a mess. I would get out, if I was you.
I 2nd this, big time!
Old 12-27-07, 07:41 PM
ADDvanced Member

NonSequitor will become famous soon enough

Run far, far, away. As fast as you can.
Old 12-27-07, 07:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

lars is a jewel in the roughlars is a jewel in the roughlars is a jewel in the rough

Gosh I miss hanging out in bars.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
~ Dr. Seuss

Old 12-27-07, 07:50 PM
Banned

Matt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really nice

Quote:
Gosh I miss hanging out in bars.
Those were the days
Old 12-27-07, 09:26 PM

Thanked 1,628 Times in 881 Posts
FrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud of

I agree with mspen, that if things were so horrible, why did they just have a roll in the barn? I cannot not roll that one around in my brain in any such way to make a bit of sense no matter what the true or false of it is. Run, run, run, stop ruminating about what's up and run dear! :-)
Old 12-27-07, 09:30 PM
Forum Guru

blueyeyore is a jewel in the roughblueyeyore is a jewel in the roughblueyeyore is a jewel in the rough

In my opinion they both have a lot of drama to deal with; I personally hate drama...of any kind. I avoid it at all costs. I wouldn't want her over at my house, yelling in my yard, disturbing my neighbors...and you never know what he's capable of. Now, if you were to do a background check and credit check it might ease your doubts. Do you even know if he has a job to pay rent with?

My main issue would be because I work in insurance(Homeowners and Auto) and opening your home to someone you don't know/haven't done a background check on can come with a huge liability. You can be responsible for any person he brings on your property, with or without your permission. Those liabilites are the reason we have insurance, but you may want to avoid opening yourself up the unnecessary.

**As far as them sleeping together....big deal - I left my ex because he was a huge butthole, but it didn't stop me from having sex with him. *shrugs* Depends on the person and what you want, I guess.**

Lamictal
Wellbutrin
The Following User Says Thank You to blueyeyore For This Useful Post:
Mary (02-10-08)
Old 12-27-07, 10:27 PM
Contributor

dyingInside is just really nicedyingInside is just really nicedyingInside is just really nicedyingInside is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLilWench View Post
I met my friend a few weeks ago at a local bar, we hit it off right away and come to find out he was looking for a place to stay. I am buying a house and was looking for a roomate. After finding this out, i asked him if he wanted to move in. ...
OK that's enough information right there. DON'T move in with someone of the opposite sex who you just met!!!!

Guys like that used to hook up with my ex, and some of them stole her jewelry and stuff... Like others said, run run run!
Old 12-27-07, 10:45 PM

lars is a jewel in the roughlars is a jewel in the roughlars is a jewel in the rough

I've noticed that several members have suggested that you "run, run, run."

Granted, that did work OK for Forest Gump, and I will not argue with you on that for a second.

However, I would tend to worry about someone you appear to have developed feelings for (and maybe vice versa) that perhaps might want to follow you if you were to "run,run,run."

Anyhoot, what you decide to do will be ultimately up to you, so I thought I might provide you a couple of more options (not yet mentioned) that I have always found to be very effective methods of causing people to almost instantly want to avoid me at every turn. Both of these do take some acting ability, but if you can pull it off you will be very pleased with the results.

Option A) Find a local church in your area,belonging to the most annoying religious group you can think of and reluctantly drag yourself in there to get some of their free literature handouts. Anyhoot, after getting your hands on the literature, I would then suggest that you run,run,run back to your car. Seriously though, once getting your hands on some of their literature always make it a point to pull it out when he's around, and try and convince him of why he needs to become a member of this particular sect . Ask him (frequently) if he's has thought about his need to convert to this religion , or ask him (frequently) if he's had a chance to finish the book yet (anything religious and boring looking should do with this guy). If you do this with sincerity, and with consistency, then you should be able cause him to take all steps necessary in avoiding you.

Option B) Get yourself some Amway catologs, and everytime you see the poor soul in question pull out the latest catolog and point out how the new tooth paste they are selling also doubles as a driveway sealer, or a miracle plant fertilizer, or whatever. The bottom line is that no matter what might come up in conversation with the guy, always direct it back to some kind of Amway product that is exactly what he has been needing his whole life. Also mention how much you want to see him get as much out of Amway as you have, and that if he's willing to work hard, that the two of you can retire as millionaires in less than 15 years. If you are sincere, and also consistent, he will leave tracks in your new driveway (which you can then cover up with that amazing toothpaste I described).

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
~ Dr. Seuss

Last edited by meadd823; 12-28-07 at 02:50 AM.. Reason: wording tweak to decrease specifics
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lars For This Useful Post:
Bayashi (02-13-08), Mary (02-10-08)
Old 12-27-07, 11:33 PM

Lol!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars View Post
I've noticed that several members have suggested that you "run, run, run."

Granted, that did work OK for Forest Gump, and I will not argue with you on that for a second.

However, I would tend to worry about someone you appear to have developed feelings for (and maybe vice versa) that perhaps might want to follow you if you were to "run,run,run."

Anyhoot, what you decide to do will be ultimately up to you, so I thought I might provide you a couple of more options (not yet mentioned) that I have always found to be very effective methods of causing people to almost instantly want to avoid me at every turn. Both of these do take some acting ability, but if you can pull it off you will be very pleased with the results.

Option A) Option A) Find a local church in your area,belonging to the most annoying religious group you can think of and reluctantly drag yourself in there to get some of their free literature handouts. Anyhoot, after getting your hands on the literature, I would then suggest that you run,run,run back to your car. Seriously though, once getting your hands on some of their literature always make it a point to pull it out when he's around, and try and convince him of why he needs to become a member of this particular sect . Ask him (frequently) if he's has thought about his need to convert to this religion , or ask him (frequently) if he's had a chance to finish the book yet (anything religious and boring looking should do with this guy). If you do this with sincerity, and with consistency, then you should be able cause him to take all steps necessary in avoiding you.

Option B) Get yourself some Amway catologs, and everytime you see the poor soul in question pull out the latest catolog and point out how the new tooth paste they are selling also doubles as a driveway sealer, or a miracle plant fertilizer, or whatever. The bottom line is that no matter what might come up in conversation with the guy, always direct it back to some kind of Amway product that is exactly what he has been needing his whole life. Also mention how much you want to see him get as much out of Amway as you have, and that if he's willing to work hard, that the two of you can retire as millionaires in less than 15 years. If you are sincere, and also consistent, he will leave tracks in your new driveway (which you can then cover up with that amazing toothpaste I described).

He works on a tug boat, and is home for fifteen days, then out for 30. I thought this would make a perfect roomie, because i wouldnt have to see him 2/3 of the year! One of our friends works with him, so i know it is a legit job... They are on a break for the holidays and he leaves again mid January. As far as the liability, i have to get a roomate no matter if it is him or not, so the liability thing would follow me.... Its just the drama she is causing that is ticking me off... Someone at the bar gave her my phone number, and she has been blowing my phone up all evening. I hate when someone goes "Sweetie, i hate for someone as young as you are to get hurt!" It makes me feel like im two and talking to my "mommy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyeyore View Post
In my opinion they both have a lot of drama to deal with; I personally hate drama...of any kind. I avoid it at all costs. I wouldn't want her over at my house, yelling in my yard, disturbing my neighbors...and you never know what he's capable of. Now, if you were to do a background check and credit check it might ease your doubts. Do you even know if he has a job to pay rent with?

My main issue would be because I work in insurance(Homeowners and Auto) and opening your home to someone you don't know/haven't done a background check on can come with a huge liability. You can be responsible for any person he brings on your property, with or without your permission. Those liabilites are the reason we have insurance, but you may want to avoid opening yourself up the unnecessary.

Last edited by meadd823; 12-28-07 at 02:53 AM.. Reason: conversation consistency change in quote only
Old 12-28-07, 12:02 AM
ADDvanced Member

NonSequitor will become famous soon enough

From my personal experience, roommates suck in general. The quiet, unsuspecting ones at the beginning never stay that way, and this dude's situation seems dysfunctional already. It will only get worse.

Having ADD already, do you really want to make things more complicated and prone to disaster?

And there is nothing worse than some ex-girlfriend who has already proven to be a major pain in the ***.

Avoid drama! I am still learning this myself.