ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-07, 07:25 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of
Talking Where are the Formatting Choices....?

I realize there are a lot of updates and changes going on and maybe I'm being silly~but where are the Fonts, Sizes, Color choices and the missing Smilies? Thanks for any explanations.

"Spiraling With That θddly Riveting Scrθθey Grθθθve"
If life is so Riveting-How come my A{D}HD makes me feel like Bθlting when I
Scrθθ~up!
Old 12-28-07, 07:43 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,056 Times in 578 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where are the Formatting Choices....?

If you click on the POST REPLY button at the bottom of a thread, you'll be taken to the Advanced Editor (where you'll find the fonts and other formatting features available).

If you don't see this, please check your User Control Panel, under your options, in the Miscellaneous Options, you should see an option called "Message Editor Interface". Select the one you want and go

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 12-28-07, 07:44 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
If you click on the POST REPLY button at the bottom of a thread, you'll be taken to the Advanced Editor (where you'll find the fonts and other formatting features available).

If you don't see this, please check your User Control Panel, under your options, in the Miscellaneous Options, you should see an option called "Message Editor Interface". Select the one you want and go

Also, if you click on the QUOTE option in a post, you'll have the same editing options available to you.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-07, 11:37 AM

~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of
Question Reply To: Where are the Formatting Choices....?

Hi , I tried all of those suggestions and my font color size, choice box is still not working at all and a lot of the smilies are missing.

Scrθθ~up!
Old 12-29-07, 11:50 AM
ADDvanced Member

Leah will become famous soon enough
Re: Reply To: Where are the Formatting Choices....?

Hope this belongs in this thread - any ideas on where the cut & paste options went? Can't use the right-click option to cut, either.
Old 12-29-07, 12:43 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Hope this belongs in this thread - any ideas on where the cut & paste options went? Can't use the right-click option to cut, either.
Where are you experiencing these problems? In the Reply to thread window? Selecting the text and using the following keyboard shortcuts should work:

CTRL-X = Cut
CTRL-C = Copy
CTRL-V = Paste

Old 12-29-07, 12:44 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd~Scrooball View Post
Hi , I tried all of those suggestions and my font color size, choice box is still not working at all and a lot of the smilies are missing.
Yes, there are some smilies missing. Now sure we'll be able to get those back But maybe some new ones on the way instead (cross your fingers).

As for the font formatting...are you telling me that when you highlight your text in the Reply to Thread editing box and click on the FONTS pull down, you can't change your fonts?

Old 12-29-07, 04:23 PM
ADDvanced Member

Leah will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Where are you experiencing these problems? In the Reply to thread window? Selecting the text and using the following keyboard shortcuts should work:

CTRL-X = Cut
CTRL-C = Copy
CTRL-V = Paste
Ah, lovely. Thanks.
Old 12-29-07, 05:47 PM
Ghost in the Machine

If you wish to add style, fonts or colors to your posts when using the Quick Reply box at the bottom of a thread, click the "GO ADVANCED" button underneath the box. You should find all the style controls there.

Also, if you just click the POST REPLY button or QUOTE buttons, you should have those options as well.

Please let us know if that's not the case...and what browser (and version) you're using.

Thanks!

Old 12-29-07, 06:06 PM

Options are still not working and how do I find out what browser my computer uses?

Scrθθ~up!
Old 12-29-07, 07:15 PM
Ghost in the Machine

In the browser you're in, go to the HELP menu, and select the ABOUT option....then reply to this thread with the information you see there (i.e. Firefox 2.0.0.1.1, Internet Explorer 6)

Old 12-29-07, 07:39 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Please check your browser settings and make sure that ENABLE JAVASCRIPT is checked/enabled.

Old 12-29-07, 11:17 PM

My computer has Internet Explorer Version 5 and from what I've gathered- unless I'm wrong about it Please tell me if I am -is that this version does not allow enabling of Javascript. I also am unable to click on the available emoticons.

Scrθθ~up!
Old 12-30-07, 01:07 AM
Ghost in the Machine

How do I enable Javascript in IE5?

How do I enable Javascript in IE5?

1. Click on "Tools" on the tool bar, then choose "Internet Option".
2. Choose the "Security" Tab.
3. In the white window, select the "Internet" with the picture of the globe.
4. Click on the button marked "Custom Level".
5. Scroll down to "Scripting" and enable "Active Scripting".
6. Click on OK and then OK again on the next window to apply the changes

Source: https://antivirus.utk.edu/lanmanav/1-1-2JavaDisable.asp

Old 12-30-07, 01:23 AM

Question Re: Where are the Formatting Choices....?

Thanks, I followed the directions and found that "Scripting is allready enabled so what's next?

Scrθθ~up!