ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > ADDiction & Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-08, 01:11 AM

scarvalho will become famous soon enough
Re: What is the most adderall you have taken at once/or in a day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phzgn View Post
The most adderall I've ever taken at once is 120mg (for a while, it was actually a normal thing for me to do. I'd take 6 pills every time I got my refill - so 6x20mg = 120mg) but I'm not actually sure of the maximum amount I've taken in a single DAY. Because when you take such large doses, you obviously stay awake for days and lose track of how long you've been 'binging' - continuing to eat the pills to sustain the high - so it's hard to determine how much was taken in a 24 hour time frame when you've been awake for 50+ hours.

But if I had to make a guess, I'd say the most I've taken in a 24 hour period is probably around 200mg - but I'm not really sure.
Wow 200mg, thats pretty insane. Was it 200mgs of the IR or the XR? How did you feel? The most I ever took at once was 90mgs (30mgsIR x 3) and in a 24 hour period was around 150mgs ( and that was pretty insane and scary -- can't imagine what 200 is like. Was that done on finals week as well? haha
Old 03-01-08, 12:57 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,475 Times in 750 Posts
SuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant future

I'm sorry to say...

...9/30 mlgm

I can't even multiply 9x 30.....270 mlgrms?

Syd Barrett
Old 03-01-08, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzzanneX View Post
I'm sorry to say...

...9/30 mlgm

you did 270mgs in a day?!?!? Holy Mother of God!! i thought the lethal dosage was around 200mgs. Christ. How was it? Did you feel super high blood preasure?? superr mega focus?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-08, 02:00 PM
Banned

Matt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really nice

I took 400 mg of dexedrine tablets once just to see what it would be like and I was 'stuck' for a lack of better words, I sat and stared at this spot on the floor for about 12 hours and then I started to have a manic episode that lasted a good two weeks, last time I ever did that, that's for sure.
Old 03-02-08, 09:57 PM

thisisacomputer will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: What is the most adderall you have taken at once/or in a day?

I took around 5 Adderall 20 mg at once one night several years ago with about a six pack of beer, and smoked a little pot on top of that to "take the edge off." Well I don't think I took all 5 at once, but more like 30 minutes to an hour apart, because I kept swallowing some of them in halves, some whole. Still, the cumulative effect was not pretty.

I ended up totally freaking out on this girl I had been interested in for a long time, and that pretty much scared her away for good. So, suffice it to say it was a horrible experience and I still feel quite stupid about my little monster episode.
Old 03-03-08, 01:51 AM

SuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant future

... I went to sleep.

Syd Barrett
Old 03-03-08, 01:53 AM

my tolerence is crazy high.

...and, I was a meth addict, I was'nt aware of the difference in a year ago, much more than now in "speeding" and "focused"

....I kept thinking, "another would help", I'm still learning.

I have my mom hold my meds.
...pathetic, but true.

I'm hoping to learn from you's.....what normal is ..like..

..........for adhd folks with no back ground in self medicating.

Syd Barrett
The Following User Says Thank You to SuzzanneX For This Useful Post:
425runner (10-09-12)
Old 03-03-08, 04:43 AM

Scattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to all

I took 10 mg (the amount my doctor prescribed) and it made me sick as a dog - fuzzy head, nausea, heart palpitations, and general yucky feeling. Yes, I'm know I'm a light weight (at least that's what my doctor called me). I do real well on half that amount. The reason I posted this is because we're all different -- another reason taking somebody elses meds or taking meds recreationally is so dangerous. What might not be much for some people might be an overdose for someone else.

"You're slow because you don't listen and you're forgetful!" - 7th grade friend
Old 03-13-08, 06:04 AM

Morel is on a distinguished road

Just my normal dose, which is pretty high right now (still playing with timing and amount)

So around 60mg of XR 2 20mg of the salts if I have to work later in the night (salary sucks!.

But with my metobolism it's not suprising.. Prolly why I never did alot of illegal drugs in my life, it was a ******* waste of money Thought still working on the whole sleeping part, the Colidine helps a ton..
Old 03-29-08, 03:31 PM

ponehacker is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: What is the most adderall you have taken at once/or in a day?

I too am....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzzanneX View Post
I'm sorry to say...

...9/30 mlgm

...That when I was prescribed 30mg IR's I used to eat 'em by the handful...largest dose at one time probably somewhere in the 20-30 tab range. Needless to say I have a pretty high tolerance due to meth addiction for a number of years. Every time I did this the ill effects of anxiety & stomachache outweighed the positive stimulation factor providing for a lackluster experience to say the very least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarvalho View Post
you did 270mgs in a day?!?!? Holy Mother of God!! i thought the lethal dosage was around 200mgs. Christ. How was it? Did you feel super high blood preasure?? superr mega focus?
Per the Physicians Desk Reference 60th edition(2006) the LD50(lethal dosage) listed for the sulfate salt of the d-isomer of amphetamine(aka dexedrine/dextrostat) in rats is 96.8mg/kg orally. What this represents is the dosage threshold reached(proportionate to body weight) where 50% of the test subjects in the control group died. It should be noted that only 1/4 of the amphetamine in adderall is dextroamphetamine sulfate and the other 3/4 are similar amphetamine salts in equal portions; namely dextroamphetamine Saccharate, Amphetamine Aspartate Monohydrate, & Amphetamine Sulfate(LD50 in rats 55 mg/kg per Merck Index 14ed). Therefore it would be semi-reasonable to assume that the lethal dose of Adderall in rats would be somewhere between 55-96.8 mg/kg. Based upon such & due to the fact that there will never be a legitimately obtained empirical LD50 established in humans for adderall or any other pharmaceutical for that matter,we could draw a hypothetical conclusion that if we had a control group of 160 lb. "rats", the respective lethal dosage would be somewhere between 3,991-7,025 mg of adderall. I think you get what I'm trying to infer here. Also take into account that these are doses resulting in death(obviously the worst side-effect of anything) and that there is an absolute plethora of other negative effects that have been observed in humans even in very small doses - and let's not forget the many more possibilities that are dependent upon pre-existing physiological conditions & pharmaceutical interactions.

In conclusion, I would recommend that you & your friend have a little chit-chat about the matter. While the issue may or may not be immediately detrimental to your friends life, it isn't necessarily a practice that he/she should be engaging in for obvious reasons. Good topics for your chit-chat may be issues caused by your lack of prescribed meds due to the theft and/or legality of consumption/distribution of scheduled substances by/to any individual other than the person named on the bottle. And be careful...nothing worse than a thief.
Old 03-31-08, 01:28 AM

Holy Mother of God!!

LMAO! I loved that scarvalho!'
.....I learn whats outrageous from folks like you.

phonehacker~
....speedfreak! ....nice to meet you.

addicts who NEED addictive meds to function.
.......this work is not for sissys, is it?

it's hard.

.....not to be cussed out and coming up short.

LOL

Syd Barrett
Old 03-31-08, 01:47 AM

Mincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to behold

The most dextroamphetamine I took was 15mg at once, 30mg in a day. The most Ritalin I ever took in a day was probably 40mg, 15mg at once.
Old 04-03-08, 03:10 PM

Haha, wow if ponehacker is right then it would take a lot of adderall to be lethal.

I had that reaction as SuzzanneX mentioned, because i couldn't even imagine anyone doing that much. WHen i did 150mgs spread out in a 24 hour period it was so insane and i felt so euphoric at first then i felt like i was gonna die. And my tolerance is very high because of all the stupid things i did like hydromorphone and oxymorphine in my younger years. So given a high tolerance, feeling like how i did, and the fact that I had heard from a friend that 200mgs could be lethal so 270 sounded beyond hardcore. lol. 270 is pretty brutal, but maybe totaly euphoric.

As SuzzanneX mentioned "this work is not for sissys".
Old 04-04-08, 10:46 PM

neoamd is on a distinguished road

Adderall has nearly no recreational value unless you consider cramming for a test a high.

The fact this thread is still open is disappointing, there are other forums for this kind of information.

**And my post below is mainly to see if ol scarvalho is full of fecal matter.
Old 04-04-08, 10:54 PM

neoamd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarvalho View Post
And my tolerance is very high because of all the stupid things i did like hydromorphone and oxymorphine in my younger years.
And you what was method of administration was used for the hydromorphone (Dilaudid)?

I think you mean Oxymorphone not oxymorphine. Oxy and morphine are two diffent types of opiates that vary greatly. Oxymorphone is called Opana.

Either you weren't really involved in this, your memory is lacking, or you just believed what you were told.

I know opiates very well. Waiting on your response..
Closed Thread