ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 02-01-08, 12:53 AM
Contributor

watts will become famous soon enough
Re: Why the opposite sex is frustrating - vent thread

"Oh, here we go again!" "You said you would stop interrupting me and talking so much." Baby, I'm sorry I am trying but sometimes I just can't help it. "That's what you say every time, but here we go again."
Me= FRUSTRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-08, 02:06 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,402 Times in 6,116 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron
nice addition, Ms. Meadd....I have many frustrations with the opposite sex. Right now I don't feel like posting them though. I will at some point
Well when you do have the urge let it rip you know where this thread is - no real topic to stick to no one has to agree or even like it - this is a vent thread a place let it out without having to be supportive of any one because the topic is to vent. . . I felt like this type of thread was way over due . . . . it is better to give the river of emotions a place to travel than it is to try and damn them up behind a wall of support. {shrug well I figured it would be worth a try any way}

Quote:
Sometimes I wish I was straight. Guys seem to be a lot less complicated.
Yet many women find them confusing - I have been told by both genders that I think more like a man than most women - perhaps that is why I am not straight heterosexual - just a thought though -

Quote:
Interestingly enough though .. the things in women groups (lesbians) that I have the most problems with .. exclusion, playing favourites, group politics ..
Wish these problems were stickily groups of female lesbians I think this pretty well pertains to groups of women period. I have often thought it should be against some kind of law to have too many women together for a long period of time especially if they are in a confined area - they get vicious - politics and stupid he said /she said BS oh geez I hate that stuff but naturally I am one of those ADHD females who doesn't do the group gal thing. I can if I have to but would prefer not to not really interested. I work with mostly men now - thankfully so I no longer have to deal with the mind games and cliskish stuff like I did when I was in nursing and the field was mostly females.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meadd823 For This Useful Post:
GabesMom (03-30-11), nolimits (01-22-12)
Old 02-01-08, 02:13 AM
Super Meowaderator

meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

Male selective hearing - drives me nuts I think Gary would listen better if I spoke Chinese - what part of "do not let the cat out of it's carrier" is difficult to understand - now you get to catch him - he can't have any thing to eat or drink after ten minutes ago - Ahhhhhhhh

OKay both genders are frustrating!!! Maybe people are simply annoying period.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-08, 02:20 AM
Banned

Matt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadd823
OKay both genders are frustrating!!! Maybe people are simply annoying period.
I couldn't agree with that statement any more, with women though I have to admit that you know when something is up and with men (as I am currently discovering) the one I am with seems to alternate between unemotional to being a big baby.

"Selective Hearing"-----> Tell me about it, I am understanding why women get so frustrated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt S. For This Useful Post:
atrain (11-17-09)
Old 02-03-08, 07:48 AM
Super Meowaderator

Re: The Relationship - vent thread

I wish my husband could ignore me with out interrupting what I am doing . . . why interrupt what I am doing to ask me a question or show me something to get an opinion only to totally blow off any suggestions I have - I would prefer to be ignored without the disruption.

mspen my cat loves your signature - now if I could only see the key board. . . .if it isn't man a** in my way it is kitten butt blocking my view.

The Following User Says Thank You to meadd823 For This Useful Post:
Kirstie (08-15-12)
Old 02-03-08, 07:22 PM
Contributor

dyingInside is just really nicedyingInside is just really nicedyingInside is just really nicedyingInside is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakna View Post
Why I refuse to date anymore

Answer: I'm exhausted at 36! I'm tired of conforming to other womens' image of being the perfect guy, the understanding guy, the caring guy, well-dressed guy, well- organized guy, etc. When I meet women at the beginning they say they like a guy who is quirky and different (like me), they really don't to be honest. Most women I meet really want the guy next door who is a 'regular' guy (whatever that means). I'm intelligent, funny, handsome, independent, adventurous, loyal, creative and none of these qualities seem to matter much in the long run.
What she wants: the bad boy/sensitive and kind, always tells the truth/but please not when I don't want to hear it, good money manager/you don't spend enough on me, you never leave me alone/we never spend much time together, why are you so assertive or agressive/why can't you stand up for yourself, you don't want me anymore/not now honey I'm tired, do I look fat in this dress/why can't you give me a straight answer, why don't we go out to eat/we can't afford this, are you cheating on me/don't stand over my shoulder while I'm chatting on the pc, don't buy any more guitars/honey don't you love these new outfits I bought, why don't you come with me and do what I like every week/I can't be bothered with your activities, etc.

Whew. OK now that was cumulative, fortunately I don't have to hear all of those nowadays.
ADHDAlbert (02-08-11), AprilADD (10-14-12), Billybobbb (03-07-10), brain chatter (02-28-10), Ebzy (01-09-09), GabesMom (03-30-11), Prusilusken (06-11-08), taterbug (02-27-09), texasmissb (03-15-08), The D (03-14-08)
Old 02-04-08, 01:29 AM

Rich1960 will become famous soon enough

I don't even do the relationship thing anymore. Too much of a pain in the *****. After the first infatuation it wears off. Done with that cr@p.
Old 02-04-08, 10:46 AM
ADDvanced Member

Brakna will become famous soon enough

After reading all these posts on this and other threads about relationships, I'm just exasperated!! I don't know to what degree ADD causes my feelings about dating relationships, but it is just too frustrating to keep going down this road. Maybe I should just accept the fact that it is OK to be a single adult and that marriage/relationships is not in the cards for everyone. I wish I had the courage to tell well-meaning friends and family to buzz off and quit worrying about the fact that I'm not settling down. Thanks for letting me vent on here.
Old 02-04-08, 12:30 PM
Forum Guru

cameron has a spectacular aura aboutcameron has a spectacular aura about

Brakna, I'm on the same page as you. I used to let relationships really mess me up, not anymore. I'm okay now just being single and not even having a girlfriend. I still want to meet and go out with woman though. I'm male and horny! just not a long time. I will be upfront with the woman as well.

Aurelian said....."I don't even do the relationship thing anymore. Too much of a pain in the *****. After the first infatuation it wears off. Done with that cr@p."

EXACTLY! perfectly said.
The Following User Says Thank You to cameron For This Useful Post:
AprilADD (10-14-12)
Old 02-04-08, 01:07 PM
Super Meowaderator

Quote:
Thanks for letting me vent on here.
No problem that is why this thread is here . . . .so when men can't make up their minds we can vent here thus avoid the jail time I'd get for strangling the crap out of him - no dear I can't read your mind **it you can't even do that - geez don't you have some where else to be? any where - any where I am not. . .would be perferable.

Old 02-04-08, 10:33 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

lunaslobo is a name known to alllunaslobo is a name known to alllunaslobo is a name known to alllunaslobo is a name known to alllunaslobo is a name known to alllunaslobo is a name known to all

great thread idea, thank you. I just may add some of my own venting here after abit.

It Doesn't matter what you've heard
impossible is not a word,
its just a reason not to try.
Old 02-04-08, 11:38 PM

Rich1960 will become famous soon enough

Meadd823

You all womens got the "can't make up the mind" thing goin' on too. Made me want to go on an @ss kicking expedition before I gave up dating. Above all for both sexes post here.
Old 02-07-08, 08:57 PM
Contributor

dyingInside is just really nicedyingInside is just really nicedyingInside is just really nicedyingInside is just really nice

When do you know it is time to give up?
TinHeart (02-09-18)
Old 02-08-08, 10:45 AM
ADDvanced Member

Brakna will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingInside View Post
When do you know it is time to give up?
I would like to know the same thing. When do you know you aren't meant to ever be married?
TinHeart (02-09-18)
Old 02-08-08, 12:57 PM
Forum Guru

cameron has a spectacular aura aboutcameron has a spectacular aura about

i don't think you do really know. Life is like a rollercoaster. ONe day YOU MIGHT meet the "perfect" person...I guess you really never know. Keep your ears and eyes open. And talk to people.
The Following User Says Thank You to cameron For This Useful Post:
atrain (11-12-09)