ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Old 04-07-08, 08:44 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,024 Times in 11,623 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You know your child is ADHD when...

... when she's in the same room with you and doesn't hear what you're saying TO her but when she's in the next room and she joins in the conversation you're having from the next room.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
amberwillow (09-07-12), crazycat1990 (06-05-09), GabesMom (03-15-11), Idisagree (11-18-10), Imnapl (04-07-08), keemekee2 (12-26-08), Kirstie (01-02-10), Lisbon (12-16-11), tleigh1983 (01-21-09)
Old 04-07-08, 10:03 PM

ashley3295 is on a distinguished road

thats the truth!!
Old 04-11-08, 09:05 AM

emirateswife is on a distinguished road

I must say I have never laughed so hard!!!!!! And i thought no one understood what my house was like..You all have made my day!!!! Thank you!!
The Following User Says Thank You to emirateswife For This Useful Post:
Leigha01 (05-30-08)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-08, 06:14 PM
ADDvanced Member

SuperChan will become famous soon enough

It takes reminding your child 5 times in 3 minutes to take their medicine, not because they don't want it, but because they keep getting distracted by the iron.
Old 04-11-08, 11:20 PM

mijahe is a splendid one to beholdmijahe is a splendid one to beholdmijahe is a splendid one to beholdmijahe is a splendid one to beholdmijahe is a splendid one to beholdmijahe is a splendid one to beholdmijahe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
At least she finally learned which shoe goes on which foot.
My son only managed to figure it out when he was ten. He'd walk around for a while with the shoes on the wrong feet until we pointed it out. We'd call him 'duck foot' until he noticed.

I was the same. Just couldn't figure it out. I'd always start putting them on the right feet, but then think I'd have to reverse them because what I was doing was wrong.

Please ensure you have read the forum guidelines.
Alternatively you can discover the meaning of life.

Old 04-12-08, 09:45 AM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijahe View Post
My son only managed to figure it out when he was ten. He'd walk around for a while with the shoes on the wrong feet until we pointed it out. We'd call him 'duck foot' until he noticed.

I was the same. Just couldn't figure it out. I'd always start putting them on the right feet, but then think I'd have to reverse them because what I was doing was wrong.
And the six-year old still has days when she doesn't even look, she just puts one shoe on one foot and the shoe that's left over on the other foot.

I've known for the last 50 years (at least) the difference between east and west, and even though my head realizes that when I'm giving directions that my house is on the left side of the street, my mouth often says it's on the right side. It's like the wires get crossed as I am speaking. I think the same thing may happen with putting shoes on the wrong feet or putting clothes on front-to-back or even inside out.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 04-12-08, 06:27 PM

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,808 Posts
Lady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've known for the last 50 years (at least) the difference between east and west, and even though my head realizes that when I'm giving directions that my house is on the left side of the street, my mouth often says it's on the right side. It's like the wires get crossed as I am speaking.
lol I do the same thing, just with North and South. I can always get East and West right, but I'm always messing up the other two.

I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words.
Old 04-12-08, 06:52 PM
ADDvanced Member

patboul has a spectacular aura aboutpatboul has a spectacular aura about

... he ask you a question, you answer it, ask the same question, you answer it, ask again that same question, .... At least it always finish with laughing

... he speak so fast, no you don't get it, soooo fast that you feel a kind of buzz in your head and you can follow his every thoughts.... Did I mention he speak fast?

... he play with the sands on the soccer field in the middle of the game.
Old 04-13-08, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patboul View Post
... he ask you a question, you answer it, ask the same question, you answer it, ask again that same question, .... At least it always finish with laughing

... he speak so fast, no you don't get it, soooo fast that you feel a kind of buzz in your head and you can follow his every thoughts.... Did I mention he speak fast?

... he play with the sands on the soccer field in the middle of the game.
I wish our girls would ask the question already, instead of saying "Mom?"... "Yes?"... "Mom?"... "Yes?"... "Mom?"... "Arrgghhh! Yes, what do you want?"

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
keemekee2 (12-26-08)
Old 04-13-08, 05:28 PM

mijahe is a splendid one to beholdmijahe is a splendid one to beholdmijahe is a splendid one to beholdmijahe is a splendid one to beholdmijahe is a splendid one to beholdmijahe is a splendid one to beholdmijahe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I wish our girls would ask the question already, instead of saying "Mom?"... "Yes?"... "Mom?"... "Yes?"... "Mom?"... "Arrgghhh! Yes, what do you want?"
LMAO. Same issue here. But not just with my son. My wife gets frustrated at me as well.

Please ensure you have read the forum guidelines.
Alternatively you can discover the meaning of life.

Old 04-14-08, 07:42 AM
Contributor

Jarleigannor has a spectacular aura aboutJarleigannor has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mijahe View Post
LMAO. Same issue here. But not just with my son. My wife gets frustrated at me as well.
Both of my daughters are starting to stutter. Not the stuttering that I've seen from people who have the words in their heads and can't get them out of their mouths smoothly, but the kind that seems to be 'buying time' while they put the words together in their heads.
"Can I... ca... can...can...can I... ... Can I call Grandma?" (Usually with one eye on Spongebob or something)

Me, I just stand there and stare at my husband until I have a coherent sentence put together, lol.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jarleigannor For This Useful Post:
eksulli (04-21-12), keemekee2 (12-26-08), Kirstie (01-02-10), tleigh1983 (01-21-09)
Old 04-25-08, 08:40 AM
Jr Member

momtoLandW is on a distinguished road

He goes into your bathroom to brush his teeth before school and comes out with your make-up all over his face (and no teeth brushed!) I wish I had a picture to show you. . .

LOL, your guys crack me up as much as mine!
Old 04-25-08, 10:21 AM

Swede63 has a spectacular aura aboutSwede63 has a spectacular aura about

His teacher says he does just about everything possible with his chair except sit on it!

In an evaluation for neuro-psych. testing the teacher described my son as a "spinning top"

Along with the above descriptions he has a heart of gold (a hallmark trait in ADD children in my opinion)
addparent4 (02-22-13), Imnapl (04-25-08)
Old 04-25-08, 01:12 PM

Mom of Twins is on a distinguished road
Question Re: You know your child is ADHD when...

My twins are only 3.5 but I think 1 if not both may end up dx ADD or ADHD. They are charming, happy, funny & way too smart!!!

My daughter was so serious as an infant(always looking at people out of the corner of her eye..studying) & wouldnt try to speak. My mom was sure she was autistic...finally when she Decided to speek at almost a year...Could pronounce any word perfectly & almost in sentences. She is extreamly determined to do things her way...not the normal toddler way. & as pleasent as a child as she is...loves hugs & cuddles has shown a very aggressive side. Like acting perfectly normal & then Suddenly reaches for her brother to pinch him while gritting her teeth! I have sine this since she was able to sit up.She has done it to me if I am trying to dicipline her.

My Son was late to get on his feet...15 months but once he did...he has never walked...just RAN. I am not exagerating. I dont think it is possible for him to just walk. And at night when he is sooooooooooo ready for bed...He needs to squirm around the bed. Often I look in & he is almost doing a headstand on his pillows but his feet still moving him around on the bed!

What to ya'll think?
Old 04-28-08, 08:30 AM

j'sdad will become famous soon enough

J is the same when he sleeps, he moves so much you think that there has been an earthquake or a tornado, but only in his bed
The Following User Says Thank You to j'sdad For This Useful Post:
Mom of Twins (04-28-08)