ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 04-16-08, 05:39 PM

gkman is on a distinguished road
Meds Without Insurance?? how much does it cost per month?

So it looks like insurance may not come thru afterall , how much a month does it cost to get medication without insurance, should this be something I should be considering?

any info will help, I want help but cant afford it.

thanks in advance,

GMK
Old 04-16-08, 07:02 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

JR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Meds Without Insurance?? how much does it cost per month?

Go to Costco and use their pharmacy. You can get generic Adderall (or generic Dexedrine) for dirt cheap with no insurance.

I called my local Costco and got some quotes. $34.00 for (90) 10mg Adderall tablets and $33.00 for (90) 10mg Dexedrine tablets.

Also, you don't have to be a Costco member to use the pharmacy. Just tell the door greeter you are there for a prescription.

J
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JR1973 For This Useful Post:
Andrew (04-16-08), lars (04-23-08), Seer-X (04-28-08)
Old 04-23-08, 05:46 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 14,702 Times in 5,818 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

gkman I live in your area {up around Georgetown Liberty Hill} get my medications filled at Wal-Mart - Adderall 20mg IR {generic - Barr} 120 pills for $100.32 monthly

Go for medication that have generics helps - call around to different pharmacies you will be surprised at the price difference between stores

I have found Walgreen's to be one of the most expensive and Wal-Mart is consistently less expensive when it comes to Adderall . .

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to meadd823 For This Useful Post:
lars (04-23-08)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-08, 02:24 PM

amg7613 will become famous soon enough

Hi! If it's Adderall you are taking, (thank you to the above poster about the price of Adderall at Costco...it was $31 and some change for 75 tablets...MUCH CHEAPER than Wal-Mart which was $75....)
Old 06-14-12, 12:48 AM

cubyrop is on a distinguished road

I don't normally post on sites like this, but I have no insurance and was looking for some way to save money about a year ago. I came across 2 cards rxrelief and freerxplus. I filled my prescription today for 90 15mg adderall and was quoted around $192 without insurance. The first discount card rxrelief saved about $17, when I had the pharmacist technician run the second card my prescription was $52. I have used Walmart and Fred Meyers with this card, but there is a list of pharmacies on the website.

You can get a free card by going to www.team-rx.com and fill out the information. It's funny, I acquired this card by accident when the pharmacist gave me the wrong discount card back. It has also saved me money on other prescriptions I buy monthly. Additionally they offer discounts for MRIs and other medical tests. Good luck, I hope this helps some of you no insurance people that are just like I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkman View Post
So it looks like insurance may not come thru afterall , how much a month does it cost to get medication without insurance, should this be something I should be considering?

any info will help, I want help but cant afford it.

thanks in advance,

GMK