ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 04-18-08, 10:30 PM
Jr Member

dawnburke@cinci is on a distinguished road
vyvanse and early afternoon

To anyone taking Vyvanse... so many people say that Vyvanse is great overall, and does last quite a while, but its consistent that people feel at little agitated, etc early afternoon. Since I am not the one taking the drug (my child is) I am just wondering... if there is a downturn in the afternoon for you.. about how long is it after taking the initial does? And, is the downturn as bad as true rebound can be when the drug is going out of your system, or is it just a little lull for an hour or so? I have heard so many differing opinions.... some people say it truly only lasts for 4-5 hours, some people say it lasts all day. Is anyone doing two Vyvanse pills in the day to manage the downturn?
Old 04-19-08, 12:46 AM

chaznsc is on a distinguished road
Re: vyvanse and early afternoon

Im not a child, altho I play one on TV

I am an adult taking Vyvanse (take it around 7am) and have expereinced some pretty irratibility at 1-3pm, for me it is intense. Prior to that time I am actually fairly upbeat. Today I had picked up a milkshake and it seemed to smooth me out a little bit. I was wiped out around 5pm, but its midnight now and I feel fairly clear headed, im not up or down, and am relatively focused.

One idea my be for me to take my 70mg at 7 and the 30mg at 11-ish. I really dont know at this point. For the first few weeks on the med, I experienced the DROP from the med, but NOT the irritability.

At best, I am confused

chaz
Old 04-19-08, 10:57 PM
ADDvanced Member

GuardianAngel has a spectacular aura aboutGuardianAngel has a spectacular aura about

ALOT of the "rebound" issue that I have with vyvanse is due to diet, I forget to eat and my blood sugar drops through the floor, I get something to eat and about 30 minutes later I am as right as rain.

so just dont let your child miss lunch, and make it a quality meal and you shouldnt have a whole lot of rebound issues,

and please, please, please do not give an afternoon dose.
Old 04-22-08, 09:05 AM

sfrgrl is on a distinguished road

My 12-yr old is on vyvanse. His appetite is relatively normal, but there was a decrease at lunchtime. I pack him a protein bar (15 grams) and a snickers bar and he eats those during the day and haven't had any irritability issues. Just an occasional headache in the evening.
Old 04-22-08, 06:29 PM
ADDvanced Member

GuardianAngel has a spectacular aura aboutGuardianAngel has a spectacular aura about

make sure he is getting plenty of water,

this should help with the headache.