ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 05-22-08, 05:33 PM
Jr Member

rgwb is on a distinguished road
What does too much Vyvanse feel like? How will I know what the right dose is?

I've just finished my first week on 30 mg of Vyvanse (have never taken any other ADD meds). The first couple of days were GREAT, but by the 3rd day I felt like it was wearing off after only 5 hours or so. I realize that 30 mg is formulated for children, and that I will probably need more, but how soon should I wait to ask my doctor about upping my dose? I actually self-medicated yesterday and today with 60 mg and I feel good except for some tightness in my chest and it lasted much longer. But should I take it slower and just keep on the 30 mg regimen for a while longer? Should I be worried about the chest tightness or is that something that will go away? I am also taking Cymbalta for anxiety and I know when I first started that I had a lot of physical feelings that felt like anxiety but actually weren't (tight chest, clenching my jaw, heart racing, jitters) but they eventually subsided, so I'm wondering if that will be the case with the Vyvanse as well.
Old 05-25-08, 10:11 AM
ADDvanced Member

streetsk8er794 is on a distinguished road
Re: What does too much Vyvanse feel like? How will I know what the right dose is?

Yeh same with me man. It lasted about 9 hours the 1st couple days, then leveled out to 6 hours consistently each day. Just ask your doc for twice a day dosing. Upping your dose will NOT give you more coverage. Only for maybe a day or two. I'd try 50 mg, then 30 mg 6 hours later. Thats what I take!
Old 06-06-08, 05:15 AM

Abbz00101 is on a distinguished road
Re: What does too much Vyvanse feel like? How will I know what the right dose is?

Ya I completely agree I was only diagnosed a month ago but, I started the vyvanse at 30 mg and felt it the first 2 days and then barely felt it at all. I started taking 2 (60 mg) and it was perfect for me. But, I don't recomend this with out talking to your doctor because a higher dose might not be right for you. There's no way for anyone else to know what dose you should take it all depends on how you feel. But, now I have just switched to the 50 mgs so I only have to take one pill in the morning.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-08, 07:20 AM
Forum Guru

Justtess has much to be proud ofJusttess has much to be proud ofJusttess has much to be proud ofJusttess has much to be proud ofJusttess has much to be proud ofJusttess has much to be proud ofJusttess has much to be proud ofJusttess has much to be proud ofJusttess has much to be proud ofJusttess has much to be proud of

Be very careful watching your heartrate. I know my son's doctor told him to contact him immediately if he experiences any increased heart rate or if Vyvance made him mean.

Look on your prescription's caution or side effects section on that sheet the pharmacy gives you.