ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-03, 06:59 PM
Jr Member

kulaboy is on a distinguished road
William- Arizona

Hi! I joined this a while ago but just finally decided to look and post. I'm 27 and live in Arizona in the journalism field/computers. I just finished college with a journalism dergee, an extreme struggle considering I seem to have a jumble of disorders and neurotic tendencies too numerous to go into in one post
This is really nice for me to post and vent because I don't really have people I can do this with or that understand. And I'm embarrassed/and or get ridiculed for my issues.

I first noticed I had some strange issues about the age of 11, which I have tracked down to being O.C.D. and ADD in nature. I became anti-social at that age and started doing counting/touching in even numbers over and over to get things "right" in my head or I could not move on. I also have never been able to let my skin touch bathtubs without feeling very sickened, I don't use ceramic bowls and rush disturbs me. I had a lot of problems studying and paying attention and thus really sucked in school, and I grew impatient and angry and that's why it took me like 8 years to graduate college lol.

So right now I'm dealing with the wonderful world of being depressed, unable to maintain relationships and firneds without screwing up, extreme problems being social, esteem issues, focus problems, a whole slew of wonderfully maddening things. I think I was born to be a writer with these elements, a little bit of Hemingway in me. I sought therapy a while ago but found psychologists can't really get into who I am with weekly 1 hour sessions that end right at the click of the clock hour, and meds were pretty useless, so now I just plod through life in unfulfilling, under-achieving jobs struggling to make money and pay increasing bills because I keep overspending.

Anyway hello to everyone else, it's very therapeautic reading about other people out there with similar types issues...

William
Old 04-01-03, 07:09 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Spirit has disabled reputation
Welcome William!!

I'm glad your here, and shared. I myself have some quirky traits. For one I hate being in a crowd no matter how large it is. I prefer to be with just a couple of close friends around at one time. Even here at home I prefer to be by myself. (Judgemental fears are my worst enemy) LOL I like to call my self eccentric. And in a lot of ways I am. I have always preferred to cut my own path in life instead of following the mainstream. Heck if we all did that life would be such a bore.

Well, see ya around and please do drop in from time to time in our new live chat room.

OH and btw..I am one of the moderators for the ADD Cook Book. If ya like to eat but don't want a complicated recipe to follow, that's the place to look. It's still in the works but there are a few already posted there.

Also, congrats on finishing college. I still need to do that myself.

Huggz
Old 04-01-03, 07:10 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,056 Times in 578 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
William,

Welcome to the ADD Forums! You'll find a whole bunch of friendly and caring people here Looking forward to getting to know you better through your posts, and in the new ADD Forums Chat Room !

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-03, 08:18 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Welcome William!!!
Old 04-01-03, 08:39 PM
Jr Member

Thanks everyone, glad to be here! I'll check out the cookbook for sure, if you have some macro-biotic dishes in there (I eat strange stuff
See you all around!!
Old 04-02-03, 03:06 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Lafnalot is on a distinguished road
Strange is in the eye of the beholder. Maladaptive we work on, strange we just live with... Welcome welcome welcome. Im ocd, adhd, bp2, ptsd, the list goes on. But Im so much more than that small description. Im looking forward to finding out who you are and what you want in life through these forums
Old 04-02-03, 03:25 PM
Jr Member

Hello Crissy,
I'm enjoying reading your website and learning about you. It stirs up a lot of issues with me because alcoholism IS something I continue to deal with now off and on.. even though I know it's within me to conquer it, it's one of my biggest demons. I never thought at my age I'd be like this!
Anyway it's very encouraging to read your story and I'd love to talk more with you!

William
Old 04-03-03, 06:42 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Lafnalot is on a distinguished road
Thank you for the lovely words in my guestbook Come join us in the chat room some night if you're up to it.