ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 06-11-08, 02:40 PM

BpIsince1990 is on a distinguished road
Ritalin dose: Anyone on over 80mg/day of regular Ritalin?

Hi,

I am finding that I get brief moments (15-20min) where I can focus on 20mg doses. I am currently taking 20mg, 4 times a day. It's not really helping consistently... I feel calm on it, but I was already calm before taking Ritalin...I am on the medication for concentration problems...but I'm still having a hard time concentrating.

I also find that I'm generally sleepy on the medication! I would feel for a short period of time that my mind would "clear" and could concentrate, but then the rest of the time I'm just sleepy. I'm trying to play with spacing out the doses differently, but it's not making that much of a difference.

Another thought is to increase the daily dose. So, my question is, what dose are you on if you're taking more than 80mg?

Thanks,
BpI
Old 06-23-08, 02:35 PM
ADDvanced Member

anonimi is on a distinguished road
Re: Ritalin dose: Anyone on over 80mg/day of regular Ritalin?

Hi!

I took Ritalin LA the first time today (80mg, 40+40).

Right now I feel REALLY sleepy (and thats about 1-2 hours after the 8 hours effective time are over). I felt calm (like I do on concerta) but I'm not very sure about concentration. Concerta didn't get me concertrated really, not as much as Ritalin SR did for 2 hours (out of 4 max).

I'm worried. havn't found my drug/dosage yet.

Hope this helps.