ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Anxiety/Benzodiazepines/Beta Blockers
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-11, 10:17 AM

alkalineashes will become famous soon enough
Re: Generic Xanax/Alprazolam Brand/Manufacturers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGena View Post
I have been taking greenstone xanaxs for years & yesterday I got mine filled & they only had mylan brand. I'm not feeling as good as I did with green... brand. Honestly not feeling anything.
i agree, greenstone seemed bettter. also Barr klonopin seemed supurior to the mfg accord health ones I got last time. Id never heard of Accord health before.
Old 07-18-11, 08:49 PM

Idgie_LA is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Generic Xanax/Alprazolam Brand/Manufacturers?

Okay, now it all makes sense. My pharmacy recently switched from Sandoz to another generic and I thought nothing of it (just called the pharmacy and they told me the Sandoz 1mg is on backorder and they are using Greenstone). There IS a difference in generics! I've had stomach cramps and serious memory problems since the switch but couldn't make sense of it. Some may like Greenstone or Dava manufactures better and others may prefer Sandoz or another. I guess it just depends on each individual, but the switch from one manufacturer to another can definitely cause side effects and/or withdrawal symptoms. I saw my doctor today and she says there is definitely a difference in each generic - including fillers that can cause some people serious issues. I could not figure out what was causing these problems, but now it's been confirmed. Hope this helps anyone else experiencing the same problems.
Old 08-13-11, 06:43 AM

indoroids is on a distinguished road

i use calmlet 2mg
it's like heaven on earth
trust me, this is damn good stuff
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-12, 11:26 AM

abacks is on a distinguished road

OH, this is exactly my prolem I need to read this whole string to find the COLORS of the generic pills

I am slipping into major depression, and in reading about alprazolam doosage came upon this,

Basically, took the pink generic alprazolam 0.5 BID for years, often only needed a half, and rarely needed the full dosage. THEN they switched me to the the yellow and I noticed a DIFFERENCE IMMEDIATELY . I asked about it and they offered to switch me back to the pink, and it was back to normal, then pink was not available, and now I am in major depression after using the yellow for awhile
Old 04-19-12, 01:05 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light

I always preferred the 2mg "french fries" or "school busses" manufactured by Purepac. Best generic on the the market. You can see them here in a photo I took of a mixture of benzos...

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)

Last edited by BR549; 04-19-12 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: resize image
Old 04-19-12, 03:20 PM
Contributor

AddYourAll is a jewel in the roughAddYourAll is a jewel in the roughAddYourAll is a jewel in the rough

yer pic quality hurts my eyesphotoreal.jpg their equal to me, whether they're round, oval, oblong, sandoz, green, blue, or yellow...I'm a firm believer in most generic drugs (from pharmacies in States)...adderall happens to affect everyone substantially different, each having their own 'unique' profile

for the most part, alprazolam is alprazolam is alprazolam- no difference from 2 yrs ago (amnesia talking)
Old 04-21-12, 11:24 PM
Contributor

escott has disabled reputation

It can be different modafinil generic providule is better than the brand. It's hit or miss
Old 04-22-12, 01:11 AM
Contributor

I have found that generic Xanax is the same as brand for this particular med.
Old 04-27-12, 07:24 PM

nolaman is on a distinguished road

i had tried a bunch of the generics. the greenstone 1mg, 2mg, the double g 2mg, qualitest 1mg, a green 1mg, and the yellow and green 2mg. and i fine greenstone works better for me, the purepac 2mg are ok

RX: Soma 350mg for sleep, 1mg xanax 3x a day for anxiety

Tried: all sleeping pills, and all kinds of MAOIs, SSRIs, nothing works for the panic/anxiety except xanax
Old 04-28-12, 02:27 PM

SnareDrumzZz is an unknown quantity at this point

No need to post photos with Diazepam when this thread is About Alprazolam mate.

I am sure the Greenstone 2mg is the best but I just get the yellow Purepac generic. I like Purepac generics. They make these 2mg Ativan than dissolve in less than a minute under the tongue. Anyway, I always say a huge difference in certain generics when it came to Benzodiazepines but with Alprazolam I dunno. It all seems equal minus more fillers in some. I don't recall liking the blue mylan brand 1mg generics though. Mylan makes the Worse Benzodiazepine generics. I kind of want to get those 2mg round Alprazolam tablets but I forgot what brand they were. Anyway I hate the term green monsters, and school buses. Bars. Bars people or a stick. Anything else sounds like drug slang ...
Old 04-28-12, 03:59 PM
Contributor

Nirvana is a main distributor of alprazolam most other generic manufacturers are from outside the US. The generic is highly different than the brand Xanax. It is not as effective according to reviews by patients.
Old 04-28-12, 05:03 PM

SnareDrumzZz is an unknown quantity at this point

^who are you talking toż?
Old 04-28-12, 06:38 PM
Contributor

Smile Re: Generic Xanax/Alprazolam Brand/Manufacturers?

The reason that the generic isn't really the same is because it contains up to 15 percent less active ingredient. However if you are using generic or regular for sleeping purpose studies have shown they are very similar. Where the difference lies is taking it for other purposes, anxiety for example most report the generic doesn't really do anything. The manufactures of generic I know are Greenstone, Sandoz, Purepac, but the best generic I have come up with is from a company called Amneal Pharmaceutical. In the end unfortunately Xanax name is the best.
Old 05-01-12, 12:05 AM
Contributor

AddYourAll is a jewel in the roughAddYourAll is a jewel in the roughAddYourAll is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by escott View Post
The reason that the generic isn't really the same is because it contains up to 15 percent less active ingredient. However if you are using generic or regular for sleeping purpose studies have shown they are very similar. Where the difference lies is taking it for other purposes, anxiety for example most report the generic doesn't really do anything. The manufactures of generic I know are Greenstone, Sandoz, Purepac, but the best generic I have come up with is from a company called Amneal Pharmaceutical. In the end unfortunately Xanax name is the best.
buncha crap, I tell ya, ..most benzo generics sold at major us chains, e.g. the walgreens, rite aide, wal mart, cvs, costco, target, etc, etc...... are all GOOD. I've always believed in generics, and never had a substancial problem until Adderall. Adderall is the strangest damn generic. There are many factors at play but if one gets a C2 generic, it's good to ask. Look at all the generic Adderall threads on any boards; they are all aggregate stickys with the shortage threads. Of course everyone has an opinion, but for the most part, I love em, I don't have to break the bank for Brand, when I can get 'footballs' for 10cents....good ol us generics, rather than strips, and shady blister packs I've seen in Mexico. Generics are good for business, and save us all a good bit of money. Adderall is one of the few execptions. I would hate if generic amp salts have a dramatic impact on the younger genre, in regards to generics. If you need tylenol, and your partner gives you 20 bucks to go to CVS, are you going to buy CVS acetaminophin or Tylenol

BTW I love barr adderall...

Last edited by AddYourAll; 05-01-12 at 12:17 AM.. Reason: cant spell
Old 06-10-12, 05:21 PM

kali108 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50yellAD View Post
Has anybody tried more than one generic brand of Xanax or Alprazolam?

Which brand do you use or have you used?
What differences could you notice between the brands?
Which do you prefer?

I started using Sandoz brand. I have always been skeptical about the whole anxiety thing and medication but these were like miracle pills. I only needed to take half of one and it allowed me to feel like the old me again. They had no side effects, negative or positive, other than just allowing me to feel normal. It felt so great to feel like me again it was energizing.

Currently, I am using Purepac from Walgreens. The two brands are like two totally different pills. Initially, these really had no effect of me besides inducing daytime naps. They do not really help with my anxiety. The worse part is a rebound effect that makes me extremely irritable. Using Sandoz half a pill was sufficient; however, with Purepac I could take 10 times my prescribed dosage and receive no effect. They do not even help anymore with sleep.

I know there are a lot of differences and preferences among generic manufacturers of medication. For example, many people notice major differences and are very bias toward and against certain Adderall manufactures... though I have not heard anyone voice similar concerns about Xanax.

I would be greatly appreciative of any shared experiences or insight.

Thanks.

Hello All - I have been prescribed xanax for 10 yrs - the generic brand that seems to work better than all others mentioned is Greenstone. They are oval shaped. Call around and smaller pharmacies may have that brand. Also keep pills in the fridge as they stay "fresher" longer. Generics by FDA law can be to 15% stronger or weaker than brand name drugs. Cheaper to be weaker I'm sure. Best of luck.