ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 07-21-08, 04:02 PM

Mister U will become famous soon enough
Cheapest prescriptions with no insurance?

It kills me how expensive all my prescriptions are. I joined the walgreens cheap prescription club but getting a price list of ALL the drugs any pharmacy sells and all doses seems to be impossible. Any suggestions?
Old 07-21-08, 04:20 PM
ADDvanced Member

lis dexia has a spectacular aura aboutlis dexia has a spectacular aura about
Re: Cheapest prescriptions with no insurance?

100% out of pocket here. 30 day supply Concerta 36mg = $145 USD from Sams Club

Sams and Wal-mart are the least expensive pharmacies, you don't need to be a member to get your prescription, but you must pay with cash or check at Sams, not sure about Wal Mart.

Try calling different pharmacies to see what the per month cost is for your specific prescription.
The Following User Says Thank You to lis dexia For This Useful Post:
Mister U (07-21-08)
Old 07-21-08, 04:29 PM

Ugh, concerta seems to be the most expensive one. Oddly vyvanse seems cheaper than addy xr at walgreens so maybe I will go witht hat. I am sort of choosing my drug somewhat cost based, but the problem is there's about a one in a million chance I would use a drug that is more than once a day properly, I can simply never remember when I've taken it or if I have so I end up taking too much or too little, which is probably not a good thing with the meds I take now. Thankfully, it seems like walgreens has buproprion on their special program (unlike walmart, kmart, and target). They have also been cheaper than walmart for most things so far. Their price for 10mg of addy xr is 181 bucks, though, and that's just bat**** crazy. There must be a better place to get it but I don't want to call every pharmacy about every pill strength for each time I get something....
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister U For This Useful Post:
lis dexia (07-21-08)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-08, 04:34 PM
ADDvanced Member

lis dexia has a spectacular aura aboutlis dexia has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister U View Post
Ugh, concerta seems to be the most expensive one.
For real? Details with $$ please, my new pdoc told me Concerta would be half the price of Vvynase?
No Walgreens in my area
The Following User Says Thank You to lis dexia For This Useful Post:
Mister U (07-21-08)
Old 07-21-08, 04:53 PM

Vyvanse is about 130-140 everywhere I go. At costco, addy xr is 146 for any dosage, 181 at walgreen's. I didn't ask about concerta at costco, but at walgreens it was 215 (!!!) and seems overall to be the most expensive. It seems to me that walgreens has the best generics club, but costco the lowest overall prices for things not in a club (and let's be serious here, addy and ritalin will never be in a price savers' club), after a bit of metasearching and calling around. I am surprised vyvanse is the cheapest. I may well go with that one and see how it works out, and switch to xr when its generic finally comes around.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister U For This Useful Post:
lis dexia (07-21-08)
Old 07-21-08, 04:56 PM
Contributor

Sickle has a spectacular aura aboutSickle has a spectacular aura about

The Dexedrine Spansule is probably the cheapest ADHD long acting medication. If you aren't opposed to fast acting meds like Dexedrine or Ritalin, I am sure you could spend from $25 to $60 at the most.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sickle For This Useful Post:
lis dexia (07-21-08), Mister U (07-21-08)
Old 07-21-08, 05:18 PM

Thanks, I have heard that but what is it exactly? It's the same stuff as ritalin but longer lasting? The biggest thing is I'd like once a day iff possible.
Old 07-21-08, 10:06 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,330 Times in 604 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute

Wal-Mart carries ritalin for $4 and maybe generic adderall too. I noticed that Wal-Mart does not list ritalin as part of its prescription list. There may be a ban against listing Schedule II drugs ... so that's why you probably are having trouble finding them on the web.

Best to look through old forums here ....
The Following User Says Thank You to ToneTone For This Useful Post:
MGDAD (09-16-08)
Old 07-22-08, 01:21 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

scarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to behold

Can anyone get $4 prescriptions at Walmart? Is it only for people who don't have health insurance? What are the qualifications?

Old 07-22-08, 02:37 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there are any stipulations. You don't have to be poor. Also, you may wanna check Sam's Club, Costco and Target as well. I think they have similar deals.
The Following User Says Thank You to ToneTone For This Useful Post:
scarygreengiant (07-24-08)
Old 07-23-08, 03:30 PM

Imago is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneTone View Post
Wal-Mart carries ritalin for $4 and maybe generic adderall too. I noticed that Wal-Mart does not list ritalin as part of its prescription list. There may be a ban against listing Schedule II drugs ... so that's why you probably are having trouble finding them on the web.

Best to look through old forums here ....
Did you actually pay $4 for Ritalin at Walmart? Because not only is it not on their list, but its not in their low cost program at all - and this is supported by the Walmart Pharmacies in VA.
Old 07-23-08, 08:01 PM

amg7613 will become famous soon enough

I know you can get generic Adderall IR (75 pills) for $35 at Costco (which is really cheap, I paid $75 at Wal-Mart when I didn't have insurance!!!).
Old 07-23-08, 08:31 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

scarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to beholdscarygreengiant is a splendid one to behold

Can you get generic Focalin at Walmart or Target?

Old 07-24-08, 12:21 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

I will quote from my earlier post: Wal-Mart does not list ritalin as part of its drug program ... apparently there may be some hesitation with advertising schedule II drugs ....I don't know ... or they haven't updated their site ...

Here's a link: Just google "ritalin" and wal-mart and this info pops up.
http://www.medtrackalert.com/content...l-marts-4-list
Old 07-24-08, 12:29 AM

It's not legal to advertise prices for schedule II drugs, which kind of sucks.