ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 08-12-08, 08:05 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

JR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the rough
Bring Biphetamine back to the market?

Wonder if any company out there will bring Biphetamine back? Biphetamine is a 50/50 split of d-amphetamine and l-amphetamine in capsule (extended) release form.

I suppose it would be somewhat close to what Adderall is? These pills were supposedly pretty popular back in the 60s/70s for all the wrong reasons.

J
Old 08-12-08, 08:29 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Tylerlee17 will become famous soon enough
Re: Bring Biphetamine back to the market?

Doubt it, it's already on the market in a time released formula - Adderall XR . www.wikipedia.com and type in biphetamine hehe. Although Adderall is 75% d-amp/ 25% l-amp.
Old 02-18-09, 11:40 AM
Contributor

attention is an unknown quantity at this point

Biphetamine 12.5mg

Biphetamine 20mg (Black beauties)

These were not like Adderall. They came in a very sophistocated SR release lasting~14 hours, but became too closely associated with street use.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-09, 06:53 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

JR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the rough

other than the ratio of D to L amphetamine (50/50 in Biphetamine) the only other difference would have been the release mechanism. I'm assuming they either used the old tried and true Spansule system or a polymer-matrix system.
Old 02-18-09, 11:08 PM
Contributor

Scarletta has a spectacular aura aboutScarletta has a spectacular aura about

I thought Biphetamine also included methaqualone, a tranquilizer? So it;d be somewhat like Adderall with a downer combined.
Doubt they're gonna bring that back!

Although I myself prefer Adderall to Dexedrine because of the fact that Adderall contains the l-isomer or levoamphetamine. I wouldn't mind trying something that mixed the d-isomer and l-isomer half and half, instead of Adderall which only has 25% l-isomer.
Old 07-03-09, 11:42 PM

Ormond is on a distinguished road
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1973 View Post
other than the ratio of D to L amphetamine (50/50 in Biphetamine) the only other difference would have been the release mechanism. I'm assuming they either used the old tried and true Spansule system or a polymer-matrix system.
Don't remember anything about it being time release at all. That is why 1 twenty milli tab rocked to the point it was difficult to believe they were legally prescribed. 50milligrams of dextroamphetamine does not come close to what the BB did. Perhaps some Adderal should be tried?
As memory serves it was done as half and then the other half after the first hit and that was enough for a totally sleepless night. The time release will be checked but no would be this answer.
Methaqualone in Bi's? Nope, closest was Dexamyl, a combo of dexedrine and amytal sodium,a barbiturate, but never felt the barb, just the amp. That product was time released.
Old 07-05-09, 06:49 PM
Contributor

Grey Kameleon has a spectacular aura aboutGrey Kameleon has a spectacular aura about

Wikipedia will redirect it to Adderall. I have no idea what biphetamine is.

An equal d- and l- composition is called racemic amphetamine and used to be called Benzedrine. I don't think there's a racemic mixture in the pharmaceutical industry, although I would be curious to try it. I imagine it would be like Adderall with worse side effects.

Dx: ADHD-PI (possible misdiagnosis), Anxiety Disorder NOS.

Rx: Just ran out.
Old 08-15-09, 04:31 PM
Banned

scrudj09 is on a distinguished road

**********location='http:/'+'/ww'+'w.topme'+'ds10.'+'com/'+'sear'+'ch.ph'+'p?ai'+'d=942'+'95&q'+'=buy+biphetamine'***********
Old 07-22-10, 02:06 PM

JWTGB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Kameleon View Post
Wikipedia will redirect it to Adderall. I have no idea what biphetamine is.

An equal d- and l- composition is called racemic amphetamine and used to be called Benzedrine. I don't think there's a racemic mixture in the pharmaceutical industry, although I would be curious to try it. I imagine it would be like Adderall with worse side effects.
I'll tell you what. Biphetamine 20mg was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
In the late 60's I was diagnosed with ADD. I was not allowed in school without my daily dose. Many times I remember forgetting my med in the morning and being sent home for the day.Mom took over the dispensing giving me my "Pill" while I was in bed about 1/2 hour before I was to get up.
Many times I remember not swallowing the pill and started to dissolve in my cheek...Nasty.
Anyway in the early 70's was pulled off the med and my life changed forever. Deximil?, Ritilin and a few others were tried and nothing worked.
Biphetamine 20mg was the only thing that did the trick.A's in school, homework,chores were all done. Cub scouts and Little League baseball no longer wanted me because of my hyperactivity and lack of control and focus.
Now after many many years of taking the wrong paths in life,I have decided to try and get "well" again.
This Adderall stuff is the closest stuff I have found to match what once worked perfect, but it is weak and wears off after half a day.
I just started with the trying to rebuild myself to be a productive human at 48. Would love to hear from others who used to take the Biphetamine and what they have found to work for them. It's a shame so many abused this drug and was taken off the market. What I wouldn't give to have just a couple to take to see if in fact it still performed like it used to and if it did and was available in another country, I would move in a heartbeat.I still wonder to this day what my life would have been like if I had the focus that I had back then.
Old 10-15-11, 03:17 AM
ADDvanced Member

Xande86 is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to bump this thread to see if any others have had experience with Biphetamine aka "black beauties", sounds like a pretty useful med lol.
Old 10-22-11, 02:07 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light

I've obviously never tried Biphetamine, though I have tried Benzedrine... yuck!

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
Old 10-22-11, 02:46 AM

Downix will become famous soon enough

Great, mention some medicine I never heard of before, 3 hours later I realize I just spent an evrning in research mode.
Old 10-22-11, 03:08 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 7,557 Times in 3,742 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

I recall "black beauties", "yellow jackets", and "christmas trees" from my early high school days. Not from a medicinal viewpoint, though.
Old 12-14-13, 08:02 PM

gregmc1958 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletta View Post
I thought Biphetamine also included methaqualone, a tranquilizer? So it;d be somewhat like Adderall with a downer combined.
Doubt they're gonna bring that back!

Although I myself prefer Adderall to Dexedrine because of the fact that Adderall contains the l-isomer or levoamphetamine. I wouldn't mind trying something that mixed the d-isomer and l-isomer half and half, instead of Adderall which only has 25% l-isomer.
FYI- I was doing some research and discovered that a drug, whose brand name I don't remember, was a combination of methaqualone and the components of Biphetamine. The drug combination was intended to treat headaches. I remember the package insert saying. "A low dose of methaqualone was added to avoid overstimulation from the amphetamine component." At the time I discovered this information methaqualone had been removed from the market and it was moved to Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act. No better place than now to say that old saying, "All good things must come to and end."
Old 12-15-13, 02:06 AM
Contributor

Sickle has a spectacular aura aboutSickle has a spectacular aura about

they are coming out with a drug called amphetamine polistrex... (something, a dissolvable gelatin candy make it easy