ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 09-19-08, 12:51 AM

tyler97 is on a distinguished road
Who do I need to talk to for an Adderall prescription?

And how much can I expect to spend overall? Keep in mind I don't currently have insurance.

Thanks.
Old 09-19-08, 01:12 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Maurice is a glorious beacon of lightMaurice is a glorious beacon of lightMaurice is a glorious beacon of lightMaurice is a glorious beacon of lightMaurice is a glorious beacon of lightMaurice is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Who do I need to talk to for an Adderall prescription?

Try a doctor. IF you get diagnosed with ADD you can plan on spending $249.00 a month.
Old 09-19-08, 01:18 AM
Contributor

MECMR is a name known to allMECMR is a name known to allMECMR is a name known to allMECMR is a name known to allMECMR is a name known to allMECMR is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97 View Post
And how much can I expect to spend overall? Keep in mind I don't currently have insurance.

Thanks.
Hello Tyler!

Any doctor can prescribe it, but a psychopharmacologist or psychiatrist who specializes in ADD/ADHD is your best bet for getting an accurate diagnosis. The price will vary greatly depending on the type you are prescribed (IR or XR) and the dose.
Follow this to the ADD Forums Get Fit Club:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=627682
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-08, 01:23 AM
ADDvanced Member

jmchamp has a spectacular aura aboutjmchamp has a spectacular aura about

Do you have ADD or just want an adderall script? If you don't have ADD... well, I guess I'm not against people who want to take whatever, I think it's your right as it is your body. The only thing I have against such activity is that in our society it is illegal and it makes it harder for us who need it to function on a normal level to get.
Old 09-20-08, 01:58 AM

tyler97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice View Post
Try a doctor. IF you get diagnosed with ADD you can plan on spending $249.00 a month.
Wow, that does seem like a bit much. Is this assuming I'm prescribed "generic adderall," which I hear is considerably cheaper? Either way, I suppose just the doctor visits would ridiculously drive up the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmchamp View Post
Do you have ADD or just want an adderall script? If you don't have ADD... well, I guess I'm not against people who want to take whatever, I think it's your right as it is your body. The only thing I have against such activity is that in our society it is illegal and it makes it harder for us who need it to function on a normal level to get.
Yes, although I haven't been officially diagnosed, I do believe I have most of the common symptoms. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I probably won't be able to afford it, so I'll just have to suck it up at school or try to find some alternate way to get a prescription.
Old 09-20-08, 08:16 AM
Forum Guru

curseandablessi is a jewel in the roughcurseandablessi is a jewel in the roughcurseandablessi is a jewel in the rough

If you're in college there are insurance programs for you. I could buy insurance for myself through my student association (If I was a youngin' between 18-32) I think it was for about $1200-$1300 a year.

There are also some prescription assistance programs for some drugs. As well many doctors will give discounts for cash customers if you ask or charge on a sliding scale.