ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 11-04-08, 09:46 PM
Jr Member

PopeyeDoyle is on a distinguished road
Got put on Adderall... feel aggressive. Normal?

Got put on Adderall XR, took the first pill which was 20 mg and feel very serious and looking everyone in the eye, very aggressively. Concentration wise this medicine has helped me focus, and feel much more responsive as in reflex per say. Can't really describe it. Don't really feel much, but do seem to be quicker mentally. I love it for that. But I do feel kinda aggressive, like I want to stare people down, and argue with them. Perhaps its my battered psyche, but is this normal?

Its a flip which I enjoy considering it was hard looking people in the eye before. Brain feels much faster, cleaned my room which was a mess, and considering starting some reading which is much overdue. Very much enjoy Adderall.
Old 11-04-08, 10:18 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

WarPhalange is a jewel in the roughWarPhalange is a jewel in the roughWarPhalange is a jewel in the rough
Re: Got put on Adderall... feel aggressive. Normal?

I started taking 20mg XR today with my Wellbutrin. I've never had the "aggressive" side effect, but it's pretty reasonable since these are after all amphetamines, which are stimulants. You're going to feel a bit "pumped". Doesn't seem to be working for me, though, I just feel kind of jittery. I'll try it a few more days.

The side effects should go away after a few days, when your body gets used to it. If it doesn't, then you might have to talk to your doctor if the side effects are pretty bad. You don't seem to be too worried about it, though, which is good. As long as you can control your aggressiveness it's alright, right?
Old 11-04-08, 10:25 PM
Jr Member

Yeah, its actually quite grand in the sense that I feel more energy to be who I really am. Kinda hard to explain, this is my first dose as well.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-08, 10:41 PM
Forum ADDvocate

xraylady33 has much to be proud ofxraylady33 has much to be proud ofxraylady33 has much to be proud ofxraylady33 has much to be proud ofxraylady33 has much to be proud ofxraylady33 has much to be proud ofxraylady33 has much to be proud ofxraylady33 has much to be proud of

This is the stimulant affecting your frontal cortex. The chemical imbalance is trying to find a state of "normalcy" for you. The aggressive feeling is quite normal, and will lessen with time.

You will begin to find the real you and visit and feel emotions you have not felt in years. Enjoy this new reality, embrace it, and understand, it will take at least 7 days to even the balance out. You will most likely feel many new symptoms, and hopefully all good ones. Do not let the crash hinder your thoughts of the meds....

Take it easy...you are on the right road.

X

Old 11-05-08, 12:32 AM
Jr Member

Thank you for the insightful words xraylad33, they ring true from the little I have experienced.
The Following User Says Thank You to PopeyeDoyle For This Useful Post:
xraylady33 (11-05-08)
Old 11-05-08, 08:53 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

kiosk is a jewel in the roughkiosk is a jewel in the roughkiosk is a jewel in the rough

not sure bout the 7 days, been on for 4 months and still makes me aggressive but controllable, it depends on your chemistry i guess
Old 11-05-08, 02:36 PM
ADDvanced Member

ikgbixcal has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarPhalange View Post
I started taking 20mg XR today with my Wellbutrin. I've never had the "aggressive" side effect, but it's pretty reasonable since these are after all amphetamines, which are stimulants. You're going to feel a bit "pumped". Doesn't seem to be working for me, though, I just feel kind of jittery. I'll try it a few more days.

The side effects should go away after a few days, when your body gets used to it. If it doesn't, then you might have to talk to your doctor if the side effects are pretty bad. You don't seem to be too worried about it, though, which is good. As long as you can control your aggressiveness it's alright, right?
wellbutrin and adderall both have done wounders for my depression annd adhd
Old 11-06-08, 03:53 AM

Sloan is on a distinguished road

PopeyeDoyle how much do you pay for your prescription?

I personally think Adderall XR is amazing, but way too costly!
And it also has far less side effects than Adderall IR
Old 11-06-08, 12:17 PM
Jr Member

It was $30 w/ insurance.

Actually feel calmer now, and the things I used to enjoy like incessantly checking reddit.com or clicking the stumbleupon button doesn't interest me any longer. This experimentation phase of learning about medication and ADHD seems to be dissipating as well, I almost wrecked this quarter in school but hopefully will be accomodated for not having medication until a few days ago. That what is on my mind now, the urgency of doing well in school.
Old 11-06-08, 01:55 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice

So basically you aren't goofing off like you usually do, you pay attention like most people do , and for once your calm yet focused enough to understand you made a mess in your house and then realize that all you have to do is clean it up quickly prior to leaving......So basically your normal now, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to hollywood For This Useful Post:
PopeyeDoyle (11-07-08)
Old 12-24-10, 04:20 AM

ADDcurious is on a distinguished road

Hi Popeye,

I just started Adderall IR today and found your posting when searching for someone who experiences the same aggression as I did, though I experiences no positive effects today either. I'm taking 5mg, but am a pretty small woman... not sure if this is a sign I should increase or decrease the dose... would love an update on how it all worked out for you. I'm trying to figure out whether or not to stay with it.

Thanks in advance for your help!