ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 11-17-08, 07:12 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,008 Times in 504 Posts
chartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant future
Magnesium oxide vs. Magnesium citrate

My doctor told me to start taking magnesium when I started the Adderall (generic tablets).

He said to take magnesium citrate (not liquid) or I could take magnesium oxide. I couldn't get to a store that carried magnesium citrate, so I got some of the oxide as a short term solution.

I started taking the oxide a couple of nights ago. It seems to me that the Adderall is not working at all now. I thought that magnesium in general would HELP with tolerance, but that doesn't seem to be my experience and I just found at least a couple of comments on line that say that the magnesium oxide will kill the effectiveness of Adderall.

Help?
Old 11-18-08, 01:54 AM

mightyADDmike is on a distinguished road
Re: Magnesium oxide vs. Magnesium citrate

The magnesium is best to take at night....after your adderall wears off...it helps with tolerance...or try tums in the am or zantac...that will help it neutralizing the acid in your stomach...hope that helps
Old 11-18-08, 08:15 AM
ADDvanced Member

ikgbixcal has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i take the purple pill nexium
Old 11-18-08, 11:42 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,008 Times in 504 Posts
chartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant future

I did take it at night.

If I take Tums in the morning, should I take it before I take the Adderall, and if so, how long before? I usually take the Adderall pretty much first thing; other wise I am a scatter-brained, grumpy mess trying to get ready for work.
Old 11-18-08, 11:51 AM

mightyADDmike is on a distinguished road

I take a Zantac 75 or 150 if I ate like crap the night before in the AM about 45 minutes to an hour before I take it. So I will take a zantac with my food then 45 minutes to an hour take my Adderall. I have been on adderall for a year and it seems to do the trick since I have a tolerance problem. So, at night I take a multivitamin, more vitamin C, omega 3, and some additional magnesium along with my other meds that I am taking (invega, lamictal, and ambien)....my multivitamin has 120mg of magnesium in it, so I take a supplement magnesium of like 130mg, so like a total of 250mg. I have been on the additional combo of supplements for about 2 months now and it has helped out. Let me know how it goes....
The Following User Says Thank You to mightyADDmike For This Useful Post:
chartreuse (11-18-08)
Old 11-18-08, 01:06 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Mincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to behold

Magnesium taurate is the best of all. No digestion side effects, highest bioavailability. ~90%
The Following User Says Thank You to Mincan For This Useful Post:
chartreuse (11-18-08)
Old 11-20-08, 01:35 PM

demoez will become famous soon enough

I have issues with Magnesium (oxide, taurate, or citrate) before bed. I tend to wake up 5 hours after I go to sleep to take a dump. This is a pain when this happens at 3-4am. Try it and if this happens to you, know what it is.
Old 11-20-08, 04:51 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Mincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to behold

Magnesium taurate does not affect your bowels, that's its main distinction, toher than being the most bioavailable. You must be mistaken about the dump thing.