ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-08, 11:58 PM
Jr Member

Dark_Emery is on a distinguished road
Exclamation I got in trouble. D:

I couldn't help it, seriously. My body sent me no warning signs and I just started playing this rock paper scissors thing during a veterans day assembly. I'm always somehow distracted by my acquaintance Kathy. I didn't even sit by her and she came and sat by me. I was quiet over half the time and stared into space, while the music played. We played it three times; it goes like this:
Tic tac toe,
give me an x, give me an o, give me three in a row
rock paper scissors
etc
______

Then I got into trouble by the ROTC commander. He told us to pay attention or go back to class. I apologized as guilt came and became quiet as well try to pay attention. Then my US History teacher comes along and tells Kathy and I how disrespectful we were and said to me that I can forget about going on the Washington D.C. trip. We both moved and I pretty much ended up crying and then bottled up for the rest of the day and lose the energy I had from earlier today...well I did have a blood drawing much before...
I tried convincing myself to just deal with the punishment, because I will be a lot better in the end as my old favorite teacher Mrs. Kendall has said.

I hate getting in trouble/being yelled at/etc; I do think about what I do beforehand, but nothing worked. My mind is blank-like.

Have you gotten in trouble? Have any help or help me cheer up? Etc
Old 11-20-08, 12:45 AM
Jr Member

jonrobinson01 is on a distinguished road
Re: I got in trouble. D:

i use to get in trouble all the time and after i got in trouble i would realize what i was doing and think to myself, why the heck was i doing that, you know better, but it happend a lot when i was younger, it gets better with age, it has for me anyway. maybe you should speak with your teacher in private about add and the affects it has on attention and you are currently dealing with this problem. good luck!