ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 12-05-08, 01:06 PM

esr700 is on a distinguished road
Adderall: pink vs. blue

Hello,

I have taken adderall pink 20 mg in the past. I am now taking 2 blue 10 mg pills now. I know the actual difference is that blue is 10 and pink is 20 but I seem to get almost completely different results. With the blue's I become more relax but almost less focused. With the pinks I become more intense and incredibly focused. Has anyone else experienced this or could have any idea why?

Tx!
Eric
The Following User Says Thank You to esr700 For This Useful Post:
somuchbetter (02-04-09)
Old 12-05-08, 03:19 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

kwalk is a glorious beacon of lightkwalk is a glorious beacon of lightkwalk is a glorious beacon of lightkwalk is a glorious beacon of lightkwalk is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Adderall: pink vs. blue

good thread. I take the blue ones too. don't they task like candy?

I used to take 5mg and I'm not really sure where any of the doses help me much compared to me taking 5mg now, and sometimes 10mg(I'm running out, tried 10 for a little while at the first initial notice of not having much left). I was trying 20mg or 15mg for awhile, not really sure if they made a difference with the blue ones, and it could of made me worry more, as some say, kinda feeling more out of it. I've also been recently taking vivactal, i'm sure it's jumping in with the little dose.

does anyone who takes 5mg pills not cut find a difference to 10mg cut?

EDIT:I forgot I took one of my friends 20's in every dose, it wasn't any different. my initial 5mg dose on that one was only when I noticed something.
Old 12-05-08, 03:33 PM
Contributor

junetown is just really nicejunetown is just really nicejunetown is just really nicejunetown is just really nice

are the brands different?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-08, 03:40 PM

kwalk is a glorious beacon of lightkwalk is a glorious beacon of lightkwalk is a glorious beacon of lightkwalk is a glorious beacon of lightkwalk is a glorious beacon of light

i'm not sure, because barr makes the same color. I think brand is more of an oval than a circle? I really wanted to try brand but I didn't feel like running all over town for it . Maybe I will this time.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I realized before that since I tried the XR shire brand, as well as vyvanse, there's no real difference. It could be different for someone else
Old 02-04-09, 08:41 PM
ADDvanced Member

somuchbetter will become famous soon enough

I know this post is pretty old, but I feel the exact same way as esr700. I've been prescribed the barr blue ones... 10 mg, and I've tried a half of a pink generic pill (10 mg).

The blue ones make me definitely calmer, almost sedated (although my heart is beating harder), and I have almost no motivation. But the pink one made me actually organize thoughts in my head, and I seemed to remember things better, and want to get things done.. it didn't make me drowsy at all!

Is there actually a difference....??? Are they different brands???
Old 02-04-09, 10:07 PM

barr and shire. and maybe.. I've been taking brand 10mgs lately and I haven't noticed much.
Old 02-04-09, 10:43 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

gnbeg has a spectacular aura aboutgnbeg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by esr700 View Post
Hello,

I have taken adderall pink 20 mg in the past. I am now taking 2 blue 10 mg pills now. I know the actual difference is that blue is 10 and pink is 20 but I seem to get almost completely different results. With the blue's I become more relax but almost less focused. With the pinks I become more intense and incredibly focused. Has anyone else experienced this or could have any idea why?

Tx!
Eric
There's a post in the adderall forum which kinda covers this same question. I tried to find it but couldn't. It questions whether there are different generic IR versions of adderall. One orange and one pink. One had a greater effect on focus, the other helped mood and anxiety.

I'll reply again if I can find the post... Here it is:

http://www.addforums.com/forums/show...erall+generics

Last edited by gnbeg; 02-04-09 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: Update to include link to post in adderall forum
The Following User Says Thank You to gnbeg For This Useful Post:
somuchbetter (02-05-09)
Old 02-05-09, 08:14 AM
Contributor

ecu20 is just really niceecu20 is just really niceecu20 is just really niceecu20 is just really nice

In general, the 2 major generic Adderall IR players today are Barr, and Corepharma.

Barr both produces and sells and both the brand name and generic. They purchased the Adderall IR rights ("name brand" and "recipe" )from Shire.

Corepharma makes and sells the generic, and has managed to squeeze it's foot into the door of almost every major pharmacy in big retail stores. They sign a contract with the store, which in short says that they will sell the pharmacies cheap as dirt medications provided that they ONLY buy xxxx drug(or drugs) from their company. Thats why, say for example, when you walk into walgreen's and request barr generic, they tell you that all they have and can get you is corepharma

I've tried both brands, and despise the Corepharma generic. I was curious as to why barr felt so much better, and just assumed it was a placebo effect. Well, curious Ecu20 decided to do a blind test on the 2. I had my brother record what "brand" i was taking at what dose time, and i'd write down my opinion on each dose in a journal. Once I compared the actual vs. my recorded, I got 14/15 guesses correct. Needless to say, i'm still enjoying barr generics .
The Following User Says Thank You to ecu20 For This Useful Post:
somuchbetter (02-05-09)
Old 02-05-09, 08:24 PM
ADDvanced Member

somuchbetter will become famous soon enough

Interesting! I suppose that would explain it. I got the barr brand from the RiteAid, so maybe next time I will go to walgreens and try their generic brand and see if there is a difference for me. I feel like the pink one made me a little more organized and a clearer memory and more energy ... but a little irritable if I needed to switch tasks or the phone rang. whereas my blue barr pills make me more patient and focused, but drowsy and a little fuzzy feeling and I still get distracted.

Of course, the pink pill was my first experience with ADHD meds .... and now that they have been in my system for over a month, maybe the pink one won't seem like that!

Thanks for the input, I guess its just trial and error from here!
Old 02-06-09, 12:26 AM
Contributor

ecu20 is just really niceecu20 is just really niceecu20 is just really niceecu20 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by somuchbetter View Post
Interesting! I suppose that would explain it. I got the barr brand from the RiteAid, so maybe next time I will go to walgreens and try their generic brand and see if there is a difference for me. I feel like the pink one made me a little more organized and a clearer memory and more energy ... but a little irritable if I needed to switch tasks or the phone rang. whereas my blue barr pills make me more patient and focused, but drowsy and a little fuzzy feeling and I still get distracted.

Of course, the pink pill was my first experience with ADHD meds .... and now that they have been in my system for over a month, maybe the pink one won't seem like that!

Thanks for the input, I guess its just trial and error from here!
Just remember that individual results may vary. Everyone reacts differently to the different fillers and binders in pills. A lot of pharmacists I went to with a specific brand in mind for my fill say "bolonga! they are all the same," but until you've taken the different brands, they really have no foot to stand on.

Heck last September Ranbaxy Labs (Corepharma makes generic adderall, and Ranbaxy distributes it) was issued a warning by the FDA for drugs originating and being imported from two Ranbaxy plants in India. Apparantly these two plants were not following the cGMP completely (current Good Manufacturing Practice, a US standard for prescription drugs). They are violations of which the FDA says their actions of an import alert on drugs coming from these 2 plants were "warranted by the serious violations established by FDA's investigations at these two sites."

Quote:
The First Warning Letter (1st Plant)
  • The facility's beta-lactam containment program (measures taken to control cross-contamination), which appeared inadequate to prevent the potential for cross-contamination of pharmaceuticals;
  • Inadequate batch production and control records;
  • Inadequate failure investigations; (A failure investigation is done to address any manufacturing control or product rejection to determine the root cause and prevent recurrence); and,
  • Inadequate aseptic (sterile) processing operations.
Quote:
The Second Warning Letter (2nd Plant)

• The lack of assurance responsible individuals were present to determine the firm was taking necessary steps under cGMP;
  • Inaccurate written records of the cleaning and use of major equipment;
  • Incomplete batch production and control records; and,
  • Inadequate procedures for the review and approval of production and control records for drug products.
The 2nd plant was also cited for unknown(to me, too lazy to look!) cGMP violations back in 2006.

3 ******* violation warning letters in 3 years? Are you kidding me? I know those two plants don't produce generic amphetamines, but just imagine about the possibility that if they were busted by the FDA three times in 3 years, what are the odds that some things have gone unnoticed?

for F's sake, FDA has allowed madol (a steroid from the berry bonds balco incident), desoxymethyltestosterone, to float around the supplement market for well over 2 years in the form of the relatively obscure nomenclature
17α-methyl-5α-androst-2-en-17β-ol. Sounds like you'd have to do something worse than all those companies producing the proposed schedule III steroid drug to get a warning/notice by the FDA...

Regardless, after learning that after doing some internet research when the pink pills distributed by Ranbaxy were working differently with me than the barr generic. They felt weaker, and more of a "dirty stimulant" feeling (PNS stimulation, much like too much caffeine). I wouldn't be surprised to hear down the road that some extra racemic amphetamine salts happened to converge into some of the batches, we all know what type of amphetamine is cheaper when comparing racemic to dextro-amphetamine .
The Following User Says Thank You to ecu20 For This Useful Post:
pinkclouds (02-07-09)
Old 02-07-09, 03:11 AM

pinkclouds is on a distinguished road

I also tried the corepharma 10 mg and hated the way that I felt! I went searching for Barr and found them at Walmart thank goodness. For me barr is a lot better. I don't have that "fuzzy" feeling with barr. And Barr was $15 less.