ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 12-27-08, 08:18 PM

dave1234 is on a distinguished road
Zyprexa and Adderall

Hello,

I take Zyprexa and Adderall together and I was wondering if one cancels out the other? I take Zyprexa for a speech issue and Adderall of ADD. I take 15 mg of Zyprexa at night and 3 x 20 mg of Adderall throughout the day. Is there anything I can take to make the Adderall and Zyprexa work together better? I feel the effects of both now but wondering I stop taking one of the medication it will make the other one more potent. Thanks.

David
Old 12-27-08, 08:21 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,005 Times in 631 Posts
QueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant future
Re: Zyprexa and Adderall

Is the Zyprexa for Tourette's? There are some people here who have TS.

The thinking is that Zyprexa reduces dopamine while Adderall increases dopamine.

However, drugs tend to be a little more gray in their action, in many people's experiences, it seems. It's all pretty individual.
Old 12-27-08, 08:26 PM

dave1234 is on a distinguished road
Re: Zyprexa and Adderall

Thanks for the reply. I do not have torette's. I have a stuttering problem and Zyprexa greatly reduces it.
Sponsored Links