ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-18, 10:39 AM

tomgrouncontrol will become famous soon enough
Post Does anyone else get frustrated or mad because it all goes to work? (Your job)?

Since I've been on amphetamines (sometimes Adderall) my early mornings are very productive. It goes to the afternoon, the workplace might have an influence but I'm just starting to get frustrated and even mad because all this energy is put into the job.

I've taken a day job before I was on meds to help me get on my feet, now that I've sorted my life a bit, I feel like I could do something more awesome. For now, I have half a year before I decide to move on. Why can't I take day offs or find another job? Right now, due to other factors, I just can't.

I find that waking up early does the work. I get my fresh early morning mind to do other things, but 4 hours isn't enough. I feel like I would do better things just living outside of work. I can try to be productive after work, but that's usually when my body-mind just shuts down. Perhaps I need to be more aware of how much I spend my energy?

Anyone else get frustrated?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tomgrouncontrol For This Useful Post:
namazu (07-14-18), peripatetic (07-14-18), Ronnie04 (07-19-18)
Old 07-14-18, 11:09 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,186 Times in 7,308 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does anyone else get frustrated or mad because it all goes to work? (Your job)?

Do you take your dose just in the morning? If so, it sounds like a morning and afternoon dose would help with coverage. Most on instant release amphetamines take an am and a pm dose. Some on extended release amps. also take an instant release dose in the afternoon to help cover the day.

If you’re only getting 4 hrs. of coverage a day, I would definitely discuss it with your Dr.

Only having benefits for 4 hrs. a day would be frustrating! Good luck getting things worked out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
namazu (07-14-18), peripatetic (07-14-18), PoppnNSailinMan (07-16-18)
Old 07-14-18, 12:13 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,587 Times in 1,214 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does anyone else get frustrated or mad because it all goes to work? (Your job)?

You might need a booster ... a short-term dose in the afternoons.

And yes, it does take energy to even engage in hobbies. Many of us, I think, spend so much energy at work that we collapse at home. I've had that ... the treatment made that better.

But I still have to make sure to get enough sleep. If I'm not rested, I will goof off at home after work.

And good activities, even fun activities, take startup energy .. and that takes practice if you aren't used to re-engaging that energy after work. Exercise for me helps ... exercise in the afternoon in particular ... relaxes me ... calms my mind ... acts like a dose of med in some way ...

Can I say that I think this is a wonderful step in your progression in dealing with ADHD? You're now wanting to live more fully and you realize you aren't and you want to. That realization itself is a great step.

And yes, the ideal is to get a job that is itself more energizing and meaningful. But in the meantime, talk to your doc ... about sleep and about adjusting your medications.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToneTone For This Useful Post:
kwalk (07-16-18), namazu (07-14-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-18, 04:11 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,398 Times in 15,007 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I get the morning thing. EVERYONE here knows my sleep schedule and as you can see by the time, I get up super early and go to bed at an exact hour and I get a good 6-8 hours of complete productivity. I only take my last small dose at 6 because it doesnt interfere with my sleep and I would be useless if that was when my evening died off. I am absolutely at my best between when I get up and noon. I try and schedule all things in the morning and run all my errands by two for this reason.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (07-15-18)