ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-03, 08:37 PM
Joanrdtobe

To MODERATORS: Questions/Comments

To Moderators: Not sure if there's a place here at forums just for questions/comments but I figured here might be okay...

1. Do you all ever want feedback as to how we LIKE forums???
(do smile faces give you a hint)

2. At first I had an awful time figuring out how to navigate this thing, but I must admit....it's not too bad...I STILL can't find my own self peer coaching thing sometimes, however...where is it again???!!! But my question is, can you DELETE a post (your OWN obviously) once you've submitted it? Just curious.....

3. Can you set something up to MINIMIZE time spent each day on forums if we so wish?? i.e. we're automatically logged off by your system after so much time....Frankly forums is getting to be a distraction for me....in a GOOD way of course....I feel like this place is a GIANT candy store for ADD'ers....MY problem obviously...:

4. Is the Chat Room in session?

Anyway, NICE job here....thanks to all....

Joan O.

P.S. I've NEVER read a novel...in fact hardly have read anything at all -- with the exception of romances and TV guide and self-help books....and so participation in something like Once Upon a Time is NOT something in a million years I would EVER participate in....for fear of sounding/looking TOTALLY stupid...but I DID....the safety of forums makes it easy to take small risks....thanks...
Old 04-07-03, 08:57 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,037 Times in 577 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
1. ...Feedback: Yes, we would LOVE feedback. Either via PM, E-mail or in the Feedback Forum

2. Deleting one's own post:. Yes. If you click on the EDIT button, you will see the option of deleting your own post at the top of the message. There is a time limit to delete your message, so if you find that you cannot delete one, just let the forum moderator or admin know

3. Auto log-off: No, and I think most would get annoyed at being logged off You can get Net Nanny or programs like it, that limit the amount of time you can spend online.

4. The Chat Room is live, but we have not yet decided on a scheduled chat time yet...so keep trying It usually gets busy in the evening hours

Thanks for your comments and compliments They are always appreciated!!

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 04-08-03, 10:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,276 Times in 975 Posts
Mary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to behold
Joan,

Welcome to the forums. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. My name of course is Mary and if you need anything just send me a message!

Remember, we here at ADDForums can only do so much. It's up to us as individuals to make the right choices, to seek professional help outside the forums.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-03, 09:02 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Spirit has disabled reputation
Greetings Joan,

Yes we love feed back, and always welcome questions. If you need anything or have a question, Please feel free to pm one of us. Or post it in the Feedback Forum.

Have a nice day!
Old 04-09-03, 05:15 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Lafnalot is on a distinguished road
Im cold, unapproachable and completely obnoxious, refusing any constructive critisism.......oh wait, no thats my boss, sorry.... just drop me a line either in pm or by email, Im always open.
Old 04-13-03, 11:44 PM
Joanrdtobe

Andrew, Mary, Spirit, Crissy: Wow, such nice answers...I didn't realize until tonight that you all had answered...anyway, one more question..then I'll stay quiet. Why under "author" on the left does it say for me "senior member"? YUCK. I am not a "Senior" anything. I am still very young, and don't believe myself to be a senior. My parents, yes, me, no. How have I come to be graced with such a label? Wondering why I am not just a member? Thanks...
Old 04-13-03, 11:50 PM

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
That just means that you have made over 100 posts...lol
Old 04-13-03, 11:52 PM

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Do you have any suggestion what change the word senior to?
Old 04-14-03, 12:03 AM

Actaully once you have over 100 posts and are a member for 30 days you should be able to go into your profile and put in a custom title under your name.
Old 04-14-03, 03:35 PM
Joanrdtobe

Tara -- Thanks for clearing that up for me!!!! Heck, I thought you all were going to send me a walking cane and a free subscription to 55+ magazine...neither of which I need nor qualify for...not by a long shot....UM...change senior member to something like member of "100+ poster" group.....is my only suggestion....Ya know that word assocation thing - -makes getting posts easier -- but I won't let on... in fact maybe I'll go there now...Thanks Tara...continued nice job here at Forums...
Old 04-19-03, 08:55 AM

thedebrasue is on a distinguished road
I am new to this and wonder how to proceed with questions. I am not sure that I am in the right area nor asking the correct questions about ADD in adults
Old 04-19-03, 11:12 AM

Just scroll down to the ADULTS WITH ADD / ADHD Section on the Main Page. Then click on the best Forum where your question would fit.