ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 01-21-09, 09:32 AM

DecemberReign is on a distinguished road
Concerta - Limbic/Temporal ADD

Wondering if there are others like me out there... I was formally diagnosed with ADD - Limbic/Temporal and was prescribed Concerta - 18mg to 54mg. Still on 36mg and will switch to 54mg in a few days.

My main problems most of my life and up to now can be summed up by reading the symptoms of the two types of ADD above. I don't think everything is ADD, but for the most part, it is right on...

Since being on Concerta for two weeks, some of the symptoms have went away and others not at all... I have had zero side-effects for two weeks. Maybe just a little trouble falling asleep...

Below I sum up the progress and then wonder if someone was just like me after taking Concerta and what they did for the rest of the symptoms or did time and 54mg help....

The combined symptoms of Limbic and Temporal and how they helped since Concerta...

inattentive - 50% improvement at best
low energy - 100% improvement - especially mornings
chronic low grade depression - 0% help and I have it
negative self-image - 0% help - maybe worse
negative thoughts - 0% help - maybe worse
inattentive, impulsive - 50% improvement
emotionally instable, irritable - 50% improvement
aggressive (sometimes violent) - Never really had this...
negative thoughts (even suicidal) - 0% help - never had suicidal thoughts
somatic complaints - no headaches, stomaches, etc... actually feel healthier
memory problems - no help

In 2 weeks, I have had some improvement, but nothing else... I would keep taking just for the energy... not caffeine energy... just don't feel lazy or as bored...

Recommendations say Concerta or Adderall - also recommends Wellbutrin for the low grade depression and negative thoughts.

Do you take these together first thing in the morning? Did anyone have this success and then add Wellbutrin or similar and it took care of the rest?

Thanks in advance...