ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 02-06-09, 02:11 PM
Jr Member

Slavetoopiates is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone On Vyvanse and Suboxone?

I am a recovering Pill Junkie, Oxycontin, Methadone, Oxycodone etc. Fortunately I have a FANTASTIC addiction doctor and he prescribed me a class 2 drug. I am only on it a few days but I already feel like taking less Suboxone which is fantastic considering they cost 8 bucks a pop. It is a bit early but I think this doc is truly a miracle worker. He is in the top 100 doctors in the usa etc. but he told me this was better than Adderall and even though I never tried Aderral I think he is probably correct.
Anyone else on Sub? ( The ULTIMATE miracle drug)
Old 02-06-09, 05:26 PM

Thanked 5,789 Times in 4,195 Posts
SB_UK has disabled reputation
Re: Anyone On Vyvanse and Suboxone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavetoopiates View Post
He is in the top 100 doctors in the usa
please explain this comment.

IGNORE LIST BEING USED - 8 ENTRIES
T - 1 before communication becomes futile.
Old 02-19-09, 12:12 AM

Scott19 is on a distinguished road

If your Dr. claims he is one of the top 100 dr's I would find a new Dr. that is an insanely irresponsible comment even if he thinks it's true.

Suboxone is in the Opiate family but it gives you a less euphoric buzz and is supposedly less addicting... the only downside to taking both (besides loading your body up with chemicals) is the suboxone Opiate effect would lessen the stimulant used to treat ADD. and the reason your not getting Adderall is because you had been a junky and for you it could likely be like switching from junky to coke head .. no offesne... Ive been there.

That said .. be careful you don't want to fry your dopamine system anymore .. I would suggest cold turkey for smack... but Ive seen what you have been through.. and in my experience Methadone is harder to quit than smack.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott19 For This Useful Post:
FinallyAnswered (05-06-10)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-09, 01:44 PM

GPvyvAnse is on a distinguished road

Been a while since your thread, but I'm prescribed both, by a very prestigious doctor who I trust very much who I have been going to for years for treatment of Bipolar and ADHD. I have found no problems with the mixture of both, however I find that the suboxone has lessened the effectiveness of the vyvanse and upped my dosage from 50mg to 70mg, which has successfully negated the suboxone's effect on the vyvanse. Matter of fact, I find that the suboxone very much so eases the feeling of depression of coming down from vyvanse that I use to have, so in a sense the combonation has actually made me enjoy taking vyvanse more, as I use to hate taking it because of how it made me feel like **** once it wore off during the night.
Old 04-10-10, 05:16 AM
Jr Member

sohcahtoa1277 will become famous soon enough

Wow - until now I thought I was the only individual taking Rx ampehtamines AND replacement opioid therapy! Actually I'm on regular Adderall right now (20mg 4x/d) and Suboxone 8/2mg 2x/d. We (my doc and I) are applying for the Vyvanse assistance program and she intends to put me on 70mg every day with a 20mg Adderall booster for the afternoon. Back in the day I used to be prone to stimulant-induced anxiety and other such side effects - now that I'm on the Suboxone it seems to not only help me with the opioid dependency issues but also balance the few remaining stimulant side-effects.
Old 04-10-10, 09:33 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,464 Times in 641 Posts
FinallyAnswered is a splendid one to beholdFinallyAnswered is a splendid one to beholdFinallyAnswered is a splendid one to beholdFinallyAnswered is a splendid one to beholdFinallyAnswered is a splendid one to beholdFinallyAnswered is a splendid one to beholdFinallyAnswered is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavetoopiates View Post
I am a recovering Pill Junkie, Oxycontin, Methadone, Oxycodone etc. Fortunately I have a FANTASTIC addiction doctor and he prescribed me a class 2 drug. I am only on it a few days but I already feel like taking less Suboxone which is fantastic considering they cost 8 bucks a pop. It is a bit early but I think this doc is truly a miracle worker. He is in the top 100 doctors in the usa etc. but he told me this was better than Adderall and even though I never tried Aderral I think he is probably correct.
Anyone else on Sub? ( The ULTIMATE miracle drug)
I am curious as to how long you've been on Suboxone. Suboxone is indeed a great drug when used for it's intended purpose....to switch the abuser off the deadly narcotics and ultimately ween you off all opiates, including Suboxone. Suboxone's a schizophrenic drug in that it contains an opiate (Buprenorphine) and an opiate blocker (Naloxone).

There seems to be a tendency amongst some doctors to keep patients on Suboxone for extended periods of time. One poster in this forum has been on it for over 2 years, which is an extremely irresponsible course of treatment for any doctor to prescribe.

I was addicted to Oxy myself......however, I was taking 800 mgs a day. That is NOT a typo.....I was ingesting ten 80mg tabs a day. I went to an outpatient facility and they had me go into full-blown withdrawal for 36 hours and then switched me to Suboxone. It worked wonders.....I was on three 8mg tablets a day for two weeks, then three 4mg a day for a week, then three 2mg tablets a day for a week, down to one 2mg tablet a day for the final week. I handled all that without a problem and thought "boy, this was easy".

Was I wrong......when I went off the Suboxone, it was like I had been run over by a Mack truck. I didn't have enough energy to pull myself out of bed to go to the bathroom. It was like someone just sucked every carbohydrate from my body and there was nothing left to draw from. It was brutal.....not as bad as full-blown Oxy withdrawal, but bad enough....and it lasted for 10 days.

My point is that Suboxone should only be taken to help you step off all opiates. If you've been prescribed Suboxone for a long period of time, you have only traded one opiate addiction for another.

Peace!
Old 04-18-10, 05:33 PM

Fuzzy is on a distinguished road

Been on a maintenance dose of Subutex 4mg/day (for many years) and Vyvanse 30mg/day with no side effects due to the combo.

But as GP stated 3 posts up...the Sub actually helps with the subtle crash I experience from my Vyvanse. I used to take my Vyvanse dose upon awakening with me Subutex dose. However...to help with the crash I get from Vyvanse...I take my daily Sub dose approx 3 hours after taking my Vyvanse dose and it has seemed to even out everything for me.

It's weird...the Vyvanse works great for me...but I literally can feel the minute it has reached it's peak...and I while it is a subtle come down...i really dislike that feeling (only works for 5 hours for me). I don't want to up my dose of Vyavnse bc I doubt that will do anything more than give me a harder crash at the same time.

But to answer your original question...no probs with the combo
Old 05-06-10, 03:13 PM
Jr Member

sohcahtoa1277 will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Re: Anyone On Vyvanse and Suboxone?

Hey Fuzzy -

Yeah using your Suboxone to ameliorate your Vyvanse "crash" actually sounds like a smart idea. This is, of course, provided that you are still following your physician's directions for taking the medications and not wandering into the area of drug misuse where one is used to boost / ease off the other. I hope I'm not sounding preachy - I certainly don't mean to - it's just that I've had my share of years of experience dealing with prescription substance abuse and know the drill.

As for myself I take Adderall 20mg 4x/daily at present and Suboxone 8/2 mg twice daily. I will be switching to Vyvanse in the next few days after the Patient Assistance Card arrives from Shire. Trust me I'm going somewhere with this.... Once the card arrives we have already agreed to use 70mg of Vyvanse in the morning and then a 20mg booster Adderall in the afternoon for when the Vyvanse begins to wear off. I have heard of many many many patients who have resorted to the same dosing schedule as Vyvanse seems to have a tendency to wear off after ~ 5-6 hours. This is particularly bothersome when you still need to be 'engaged' with other tasks in the late afternoon and/or evening. Perhaps you could discuss adding a type of 'booster' dose with your physician.

Whatever you choose, I wish you well! Good luck and stay safe!

Dan