ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 02-11-09, 12:24 PM
Jr Member

blacktiestudios is on a distinguished road
First day on concerta 36mg, was on vyvanse

Today is my first day with 36 mg concerta, im trying this because i had painful urination when on vyvanse. Vyvanse worked and made me focus. I took vyvanse just yesterday.

today i took 36mg of concerta, just took it about hour ago, i am also taking keflex 500mg and i ate cereal. I feel high, like maybe this dose is way to much for me.
what is 36 concerta equal to vyvanse mg?

maybe because i just switched today i feel this way, i feel anxious and high. llike its to much. my mouth is already really really dry within 1 hour.

wow i am used to 30mg vyvanse and that worked great but i had the painful urination.
Old 02-11-09, 12:55 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice
Re: First day on concerta 36mg, was on vyvanse

thats odd, concerta usually doesn't cause dry mouth too bad.
Old 02-21-09, 07:39 PM

phillip105 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I experienced the same side effects upon switching to Concerta from Vyvanse. It goes away after a few days/weeks. Even though you took Vyvanse before, your body still needs to adjust to the new medication.

However
, I also find that at the same time as the side effects go away and your body gets used to Concerta, its effectiveness becomes zilch for me. I become drowsy and want to sleep. The Vyvanse never did this--the Vyvanse was much smoother, more effective, and long lasting. I had motivation, as well as the ability to focus. On Concerta I am just hyperfocusing more on useless things. I do not have your unfortunate side effect on Vyvanse, so I am going to ask to switch back. I would keep pursuing that with a urologist.

I think my dose of Vyvanse was too high, and that's why I initially switched. But looking back, Vyvanse was a dream compared to this. I agree--Concerta does induce anxiety.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-09, 02:24 PM
Jr Member

p4ge will become famous soon enough

That sounds about right, I've been taking about a month and I feel those effects of a bit high, and anxiety. It only lasts for about 30 minutes however, and afterwards I don't really feel it, except for brief periods during the lulls of the medication, as more of it is released into your system. Dry mouth wasn't that bad for Concerta compared to the generic brand at least. I'm still not sure if I prefer this medication over the generic.