ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 02-22-09, 12:16 PM
ADDvanced Member

yupyup1128 has disabled reputation
Does Addreall make you pee alot?

I started taking Addreall XR again a few weeks ago and I have to pee ALL the time now. Like a little bit here a lot there, 15 mins after I just did sometimes. Its really annoying and inconvenient. I was reading that some medications maybe the cause. It didnt not happen when I took Addreall in the past. But I associate the problem with the medication possibly because it started happening shortly after I started taking it

Has this happen to anyone else?
Old 02-22-09, 05:13 PM

dacres will become famous soon enough
Re: Does Addreall make you pee alot?

Almost any stimulant will have a diuretic effect to some extent. :P
Old 02-22-09, 05:25 PM

ColinADD will become famous soon enough

I drink alot of water when i'm also taking my Adderall XR's and I will go to the bathroom alot aswell haha. I drink way more water when i'm on Adderall then when i'm off so i'm guessing for me it's a combination of both.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-09, 11:17 PM
Forum Guru

Grasshoppaa is just really niceGrasshoppaa is just really niceGrasshoppaa is just really niceGrasshoppaa is just really nice

Same thing happens to me, sometimes I get the urge to pee but go to the bathroom and don't need to, or only go a little. Ive read other people taking about that, and it's normal from what I understand. I also drink a lot of water, so that doesn't help.

If you're concerned, see if it persists when you stop taking the meds ( although I am not recommending you stop taking them).

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about the fun on this forum, please send a message to Metzfanaz in the complaint department.
Old 02-23-09, 05:30 AM

C1456 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacres View Post
Almost any stimulant will have a diuretic effect to some extent. :P
I think caffeine is the stimulant with the diuretic effect, not the phenylethylamine stimulants. Amphetamine type drugs probably increase urine output because they cause dry mouth and thirst. Excess water consumption -> Excess urinating.

Sometimes I can urinate like a minute and a half straight if I get really thirsty.
The Following User Says Thank You to C1456 For This Useful Post:
nomoredenial (12-30-11)
Old 02-23-09, 09:42 PM
Jr Member

outofstep is on a distinguished road

Its definitely the right adjustment to drink more water while on Adderall, but don't overdo it like I did. If its clear your body is plenty hydrated. Otherwise, you'll blame the Adderall for making you go to the bathroom every 1/2 hour.
Old 02-24-09, 09:05 AM
ADDvanced Member

yupyup1128 has disabled reputation

Well I did not take it Sunday and noticed a difference, i guess I know that answer now,, a small price to pay for clarity
Old 02-24-09, 10:09 AM
Contributor

andyum is a name known to allandyum is a name known to allandyum is a name known to allandyum is a name known to allandyum is a name known to allandyum is a name known to all

I peed alot even before starting to take Adderall a month ago so I might not be the best example. I drank alot of coffee, soda and water. I used to say that I don't buy coffee, I just rent it.

I have not noticed a huge increase in the frequency of having to urinate. Maybe a bit more often when I first started taking it. However, I do have more difficulty urinating, particularly in the early PM when the second dose kicks in. Fortunately, it is not a deal breaker and I have noticed that this minor side effect is getting a bit better every week. I also take weekends off and I quickly return to "normal."
Old 02-24-09, 01:55 PM

bilbogates98 is on a distinguished road

I used to pee alot on ritalin. But I also used to drink alot, so that is obviously the source of my having to urinate alot, I was always thirsty. I think it could be a bodies physiological response to a foreign substance and trying to flush it out. The body simply views the meds as a foreign substance and tries to rid it.

I remember one time in junior high going to the washroom alot and actually someone catching me going twice in 2 hours. I bumped into him once in the washroom and another time cuz he was skipping class. I was thinking oh damnit i'm going to be made fun of, but the guy only said "man, you must be peeing as much as an elephant" or something to that effect.

Sadly I remember having to go to the washroom a 3rd time that school day, probably 2 hours later again, and thanking the lords I didn't bump into him again in the hallway. I could have only guessed the awkwardness that would have transpired.
Old 04-06-09, 01:19 AM

beachwalker is on a distinguished road

Why not let your body decide when you need drink water etc
Drink when you are thirsty was once told to me by an old and very healthy naturopath and I reckon he had it right

I was taken in by the so called medical evidence that you should drink this much a day 1.5 to 2 litres. Arrogant tripe I now think.

They say drink more for your skin to remain youthful or flush out the toxins and if you feel thirsty that means you are beyond dehydrated and have been doing real harm to your body. All these poor young women are carting water bottles everywhere they go, sipping sipping sipping worried about their skin. Cup of coffee ohh drink another litre, 5 mg dexedrine ohh drink another litre

I have shown to myself that this is absolute crap in my case. Life if you look at Australian desert aborigines, African bushmen and young children, dogs and horses will soon show you this is crap. As if our brains are inadequate for the vast majority of us to show us when we need more fluids. I have been a hell of a lot healthier since tuning more into my own body (less into the self proclaimed experts) and drinking only when thirsty. and I need a lot less water now since I eat a lot more of fresh fruit and veg.

Its been better for my skin, liver kidneys and peace of mind, and moods let alone not having to constantly search to find a place for a leak. Humans must be the only stupid animal to drink when their body tells them it is not necessary.

No wonder so many are retaining fluids etc. Drinking clean water when thirstry is now a soothing pleasure.

Exceptions (as always)
I think it is good to drink a bit more if your urine gets cloudy, for if it doesnt clear you may have a problem if not taking B vitamins etc and should see a doctor otherwise in my case this be a water wagon despite what you thirst tells you is hubris with no real life evidence to back it up.

try it and see, your dog doesnt die from following its natural thirst and I ouldnt be surprised if you will feel better like I do by ignoring this drink craze, unless you have shares in a bottled water company

However people eating lots of crap and concentrated foods or fast highly processed foods and alcohol may be an exception though.
Old 04-06-09, 11:31 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

gnbeg has a spectacular aura aboutgnbeg has a spectacular aura about

Yes, I pee alot. But, for me, I think it's because I am trying to hydrate myself with a lot of water. I find that my meds are causing dry mouth and just general dehydration. Just recently I been keeping a bottle of water with me at all times.