ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Tourettes
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-09, 07:06 PM

Squishey is on a distinguished road
Getting rid of tics

I just developed a new tick a couple weeks ago. Teeth grinding. Its horrible, and im getting headaches (grinding is very hard) and ruining my teeth. I found that chewing gum completley overides my cumpulsion to grind, which i dont quite get myself. 30$ of gum later and i've stopped. As of now i do not have any tics
Hopefully it stays like that for a long time.
Anybody else have an experience in which they found a way to surpass a tick?
If so please share.
Old 02-23-09, 10:58 PM
can't remember diddly Moderator

Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,082 Posts
EYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Getting rid of tics

Is it possible you were grinding your teeth due to stress? Maybe that's why it stopped, because you relaxed or your mind moved on to other things?

Please read our forum guidelines.
FAQ "How Do I...start here"
Old 02-23-09, 11:18 PM

Squishey is on a distinguished road
Re: Getting rid of tics

It was not because of stress. Im not a stressed out person. I have been diagnosed with tourettes so this is not something else. There have been a couple of tics i have been able to, eliminate, through time with stratgies.. Such as blinking my eyes. When ever i felt like i had to blink, i would close my eyes untill the compulsion passed, even if it was a couple of minutes. It seems, well, perhaps its just me, but if i can resist the compulsion to do a certain thing for long enough (days or longer) the tic dissapears. Of course theres always a momemntary relapse, but it is not to detremential.